Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #46
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins vs. Patriots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If you can sit there and say you'd rather have the 15th overall pick instead of the 5th you'd get laughed at
I want you to go back and see how many top 10 picks the Steelers and Packers have had, and then compare that with how many top 10 picks we or any other bottom feeder team has had in the past decade.

The only stat there is when it comes to 1st rounders is that they have a longer life span in the NFL. Now stop and think about that. How many times have we seen first rounders hang around all because they were a first rounder? Had Jason Campbell been a 7th round pick, do you think he would have been given 5 years? Alex Smith? Joey Harrington? Then look at the "project' type QBs/players and see how long they get. Not even a fraction of that type of time.

There are no stats(or none that I have seen) that say there is a higher chance of a "game changer" in the top 5 of the draft as compared to the back half.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #47
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I guess every year, teams selecting in the top five trade way down in the draft to get better players...
...and most of those same teams are in drafting in the same place year after year. /gasp
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not all of those teams draft in the top 5 ev year lmao only Cleveland and they just suck and have forever
Old 12-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I guess every year, teams selecting in the top five trade way down in the draft to get better players...
Yep apparently
Old 12-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #50
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Lmao are u serious? It's been proven with many drafts, I'm
Not saying all the players in the top 10 are always better but yes top 10 talent usually ends up better than later 1st round picks
Like Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith?

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #51
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol quake we can do that all day

Manning compared to JC is the same thing
Old 12-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #52
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Lol quake we can do that all day

Manning compared to JC is the same thing
I got nothing but time

And how???

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #53
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Speaking for myself, I would prefer to win every week....always....every time....always, and let the draft order be damned. As has been mentioned GB, NO, NE, PIT....etc have done ok with it?
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #54
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Because manning was the 1st pick and is a HOF JC was a late 1st and sucks. It's not a given I never said that all I said was give me a top 5 pick all day because of the other rounds as well. If we had a good QB right now or a rookie I'd root to win these games and not care about a pick but we NEED a QB now and our chances at MB or RG3 will be by having a top 5 pick
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #55
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The only smack I have is for the refs. When is this crap going to stop? Just horrible calls on both sides. I was hoping that Fletcher was going to slap that ref across his face cause he deserved it. And the call on Carter was seriously the worst one I've ever seen. Some of those refs should've been fired after the game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #56
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The only smack I have is for the refs. When is this crap going to stop? Just horrible calls on both sides. I was hoping that Fletcher was going to slap that ref across his face cause he deserved it. And the call on Carter was seriously the worst one I've ever seen. Some of those refs should've been fired after the game.
The league is making the rules almost impossible to consistently enforce. None of it makes total sense and none of the crews call stuff the same. At some point they're going to have to face the fact that legislating injuries out of a contact sport isn't practical.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
The league is making the rules almost impossible to consistently enforce. None of it makes total sense and none of the crews call stuff the same. At some point they're going to have to face the fact that legislating injuries out of a contact sport isn't practical.
Unfortunately, morons like James Harrison and Suh continue to commit these penalties, causing the league to continue with this policy. I do feel that penalties that occur at fast speeds, should be reviewed. Like that PF on Fletcher, there's no way that you can look at it at full speed and determine exactly what happened.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #58
The Goat
Pro Bowl

I don't wanna dis Orakpo, but don't know what else to say about it. Guess I could just say how worried I am. This kid who looked like he could/would be a Ware type game-changer was almost absent, especially in the 2nd half. My hope: he's just tired of the tired and lackluster leadership from the sidelines. There is nothing inspiring about Jim Haslett's scheme or his style. Neither do I believe he truly has the respect of the players. Williams' defense played more inspired even when the offense was nearly as bad as this year's. And the Shanahans...ok, I won't go there today.

Yeah D. Hall. Let him walk w/ Landry (and Haslett and the Shanahans).
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I don't wanna dis Orakpo, but don't know what else to say about it. Guess I could just say how worried I am. This kid who looked like he could/would be a Ware type game-changer was almost absent, especially in the 2nd half. My hope: he's just tired of the tired and lackluster leadership from the sidelines. There is nothing inspiring about Jim Haslett's scheme or his style. Neither do I believe he truly has the respect of the players. Williams' defense played more inspired even when the offense was nearly as bad as this year's. And the Shanahans...ok, I won't go there today.

Yeah D. Hall. Let him walk w/ Landry (and Haslett and the Shanahans).
Haslett has been given a lot of resources and he needs to figure out how to make this defense works period. The FO has spent a lot on the defense and now it is time for them to spend resources on the offense. Keep everyone, don't create any holes, and make it work.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #60
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Haslett has been given a lot of resources and he needs to figure out how to make this defense works period. The FO has spent a lot on the defense and now it is time for them to spend resources on the offense. Keep everyone, don't create any holes, and make it work.
The defense all around is fine. One of the weaknesses I've seen all season is the corners D. Hall and J. Wilson can't defend the pass. They allow receivers to get open. I like the Redskins defensive line and the linebackers, which are a hardcore group with Perry Riley, London Fletcher, Ryan Kerrigan, and Brian Orakpo. The secondary is weak though. This is an area of concern and needs to be looked into next offseason.

The offense will come together. Once the Redskins land their QB in the draft, then 60 % of the problems on offense will be fixed. I like our RB situation with Helu, and Evan Royster could contribute to the running game in the future. Have the coaches given up on Ryan Torain? I still think he can contribute. Our WR core is sound with Moss, Gaffney, Hankerson, and Stallworth. Add Fred Davis and Chris Cooley and the Redskins will have a dynamic passing attack.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote