Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

It's DALLAS WEEK! 2020-Round 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #31
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: It's DALLAS WEEK! 2020-Round 1

One way or another this game is going to be a reality check for many WFT fans. We'll know where we stand after this one.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2020, 08:24 AM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We're not beating anyone right now, a game with the Jets would be a pick em

I wish they were on our schedule. That would be a perfect time to swallow your timeouts and go for two every time. All time code red game.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:37 AM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
One way or another this game is going to be a reality check for many WFT fans. We'll know where we stand after this one.
If you don't see where we stand after 1-5, you have major GOGGLES on bro
Old 10-20-2020, 08:47 AM   #34
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If you don't see where we stand after 1-5, you have major GOGGLES on bro
I see where this team stands. Basically in the same spot as every other team in the NFC East. Right now - and from what I've seen so far, the WFT can't really compete outside its division, but the NFC East is clearly up for grabs. If you don't see that, maybe you're the one sporting the GOGGLES.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:51 AM   #35
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

Im assuming this means there are fans who think we suck less than we do? The entire world knows where we stand. At the bottom of the barrel. We are literally standing right at the bottom of the proverbial barrel.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #36
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I see where this team stands. Basically in the same spot as every other team in the NFC East. Right now - and from what I've seen so far, the WFT can't really compete outside its division, but the NFC East is clearly up for grabs. If you don't see that, maybe you're the one sporting the GOGGLES.

So what? So we have a chance to win the worst division in the history of the league. Make no bones about it this is the worst division in the history of the game. Do you honestly think the winner of the division has any shot of even competing against a playoff team? A 9-7, or 8-8 team has that just get in mentality. The winner of this division will probably have 5 wins. And three of those will be against this division!
Old 10-20-2020, 09:06 AM   #37
MTK
\m/

"Reality" is pretty elusive for some at this point I see. This team is going nowhere fast.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #38
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Cards are way better than us folks, it’s all about matchups and we do not have an offense lol. Dallas will beat us
They looked like crap last night, but just watch...they'll look like the '93 Cowboys this Sunday against us. Never fails.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #39
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
So what? So we have a chance to win the worst division in the history of the league. Make no bones about it this is the worst division in the history of the game. Do you honestly think the winner of the division has any shot of even competing against a playoff team? A 9-7, or 8-8 team has that just get in mentality. The winner of this division will probably have 5 wins. And three of those will be against this division!
The division is bad, and it will probably end up as one of the worst all time. I agree with that wholeheartedly. However, I did say that it doesn't appear this team could compete outside its division, so I have no aspirations for them to make a run in the playoffs. I'm just saying that if you look at the division, they have as good a chance right now as any other team. My guess is Philly takes it eventually, but who knows?

I know a lot of folks on here would rather them lose to better their draft position, but I'm not wired like that. For the record, I don't think the players are either, but I guess it's fun for some fans to dream about having the #1 pick in the draft. I guarantee the players aren't thinking about next year's draft.

So what? Well, because I would rather see my team win than lose. That's pretty much it.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #40
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I want us to dismantle the cowboys this week. That’s the win I want.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:22 AM   #41
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
"Reality" is pretty elusive for some at this point I see. This team is going nowhere fast.
It's pretty simple MTK. This team is pretty bad, in an all time bad division. It's a toss up. They could lose their next 10 games, or they could win four of the next five. That's the reality.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

It's DALLAS WEEK! 2020-Round 1

Quote:
The division is bad, and it will probably end up as one of the worst all time. I agree with that wholeheartedly. However, I did say that it doesn't appear this team could compete outside its division, so I have no aspirations for them to make a run in the playoffs. I'm just saying that if you look at the division, they have as good a chance right now as any other team. My guess is Philly takes it eventually, but who knows?

I know a lot of folks on here would rather them lose to better their draft position, but I'm not wired like that. For the record, I don't think the players are either, but I guess it's fun for some fans to dream about having the #1 pick in the draft. I guarantee the players aren't thinking about next year's draft.

So what? Well, because I would rather see my team win than lose. That's pretty much it.

Agree about the Eagles but its just because someone actually has to win it. I think if this team had maybe not quit against Cleveland or used its momentum and gone into OT against the Giants instead of thinking your anemic offense was going to get two against the Giants than yeah lets win the division. But honestly we are 1-5 and we play in a historically bad division. If there was ever a time to throw in the towel it is now. And i mean that in the way of im not going to get all pumped for games and go on an emotional roller coaster every Sunday about them winning or losing because I know it is fruitless. Even if we win the division it is going nowhere. Absolutely nowhere. I do not mean they should tank.
I totally understand the want to win. We all do. But our desire has absolutely nothing to do with Sundays. I think we are going 1-15 because we stink not because I want a franchise quarterback. Lol.
I dont know if RR or Snyder or anyone on the team is tanking. I honestly dont think we need to try to lose. It comes naturally. RR has made some extremely questionable decisions that is why people are saying tank job. But at the end of the day it just boils down to talent and we have very little. So I can choose to cheer for my putrid team who swallows timeouts or doesn’t carry momentum into OT where I guarantee we would have won, OR I can start looking to the future and winning games. Which, as we can all agree, is not this year. So unfortunately we are in a holding pattern. Nobody is telling you not to root for us. Lol. We are just saying it doesn’t matter. They are going to lose all or a vast majority of the rest of their games cus we stink. It’s terrible. I know.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's pretty simple MTK. This team is pretty bad, in an all time bad division. It's a toss up. They could lose their next 10 games, or they could win four of the next five. That's the reality.
I tend to agree, but with Dak out the eagles are now in the drivers seat.

We are going to pound the cowboys Oline this coming week.

I knew the cowboys defense was gonna be bad, but this is worse than I thought. The secondary is just awful. Lawrence got paid and is now a jag.

Garrett and McCarthy are average coaches

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #44
Burgold
Special Teams

Let's stop dreaming here, did you all see what the Cards did last night, well that's what the dirty Dallas Cowboys are gonna do to us Sunday...Dalton is gonna throw for 400 yards, Zek is gonna run for 150yds because our defense is gonna be on the field most of the game and gonna be gassed, our offense ain't gonna do anything so let's face it...WE STINK!!

Last edited by Burgold; 10-23-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

Quote:
sorry but I don't see winning 4 of 5 as reality