Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


NFL Free Agency Around the League

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #421
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 722
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

I think sometimes it is what they are allowed to get away with in college they think applies to the rest of life.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2021, 07:20 PM   #422
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 40
Posts: 19,183
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
First time Iíve heard about that one. Personal experience?!


No...
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #423
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,338
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Nike suspends endorsement of NFL star Deshaun Watson over sexual misconduct allegations

Uh Oh
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:30 AM   #424
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,492
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nike suspends endorsement of NFL star Deshaun Watson over sexual misconduct allegations

Uh Oh
How long until they put him on the commissioner exempt list? No way he's playing this year, right?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #425
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,917
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nike suspends endorsement of NFL star Deshaun Watson over sexual misconduct allegations

Uh Oh
Powerful statements by the 2 accusers yesterday changed the narrative. Them going public, dominos will start to fall
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #426
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,917
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
How long until they put him on the commissioner exempt list? No way he's playing this year, right?
You gotta think shortly.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #427
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,338
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Watson's career could be over, what a stunning turn of events... Maybe that's why he wanted out of Houston so badly?
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #428
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,413
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

I doubt moving to another city would have made any difference to this situation. And I bet a few teams that were interested did their due diligence and uncovered at least a whiff of this coming. I doubt Houston would get offered a 6 pack for him right now.

If he's guilty I doubt his career is over. Players have come back after suspensions of similarly egregious acts. BUT it likely destroys his market value and his leadership credentials. He'd have to do a massive rebuilding of his image to overcome the bad press etc., not to mention a great deal of therapy. Not saying I like that outcome (doesn't feel like punishment), but this is the NFL.

If he's innocent he'll still have people looking at him in a new light. Either way, he needs to get this moving to a conclusion soon else he could be losing his most productive years to court cases, suspension and appeals.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #429
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,917
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Watson's career could be over, what a stunning turn of events... Maybe that's why he wanted out of Houston so badly?
Watson had sexually harassed and assaulted 40 massage therapists in the Houston area...itís time to move on to a new crop. Get me outta here Texans
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:41 AM   #430
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 42
Posts: 17,460
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I doubt moving to another city would have made any difference to this situation. And I bet a few teams that were interested did their due diligence and uncovered at least a whiff of this coming. I doubt Houston would get offered a 6 pack for him right now.

If he's guilty I doubt his career is over. Players have come back after suspensions of similarly egregious acts. BUT it likely destroys his market value and his leadership credentials. He'd have to do a massive rebuilding of his image to overcome the bad press etc., not to mention a great deal of therapy. Not saying I like that outcome (doesn't feel like punishment), but this is the NFL.

If he's innocent he'll still have people looking at him in a new light. Either way, he needs to get this moving to a conclusion soon else he could be losing his most productive years to court cases, suspension and appeals.
I'm just glad no team traded for him, and then it blew up. Houston missed their chance to move him but if they knew any of this, it's borderline fraud.

Very relieved we didn't get this POS human on our team.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #431
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,492
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Watson had sexually harassed and assaulted 40 massage therapists in the Houston area...itís time to move on to a new crop. Get me outta here Texans
No wonder he was interested in playing for the Jets lol, NYC is a gold mine for him
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #432
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 42
Posts: 17,460
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No wonder he was interested in playing for the Jets lol, NYC is a gold mine for him
Jersey women...yechhhh.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:34 PM   #433
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Age: 34
Posts: 31,338
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Beats by dre has also ended their relationship with watson
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #434
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,413
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Bernard released by Bengals. Assuming we're keeping McKissick, I doubt we'd be interested, but he would add another dangerous dual threat RB...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #435
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 42
Posts: 17,460
Re: NFL Free Agency Around the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Bernard released by Bengals. Assuming we're keeping McKissick, I doubt we'd be interested, but he would add another dangerous dual threat RB...
I'd rather keep McKissic. He works for this system and Bernard has always been a disappointment.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.16699 seconds with 10 queries