Bust 9 20.45%
Too early to tell 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #496
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

The million dollar of the 2020 draft is whether we get an outstanding OT, like Thomas, or an outside chance at Young or going for QB and then have a QB competition next training camp. At this point I could see Haskins being good next year. But if we take the chance and draft Tua we are betting that he could turn into a great QB for a decade. Tc r and

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #497
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Threat

As much as I am not impressed with Haskins so far I believe he needs to spend an off season working on fundamentals with a QB coach before you can honestly assess his long term viability. Some consistent good techniques should improve his accuracy. I would not use a high pick on a QB, especially Tua. I would be concerned about the injury he sustained for someone his age. Could be some genetic condition contributed to it.
Old 12-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #498
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
As much as I am not impressed with Haskins so far I believe he needs to spend an off season working on fundamentals with a QB coach before you can honestly assess his long term viability. Some consistent good techniques should improve his accuracy. I would not use a high pick on a QB, especially Tua. I would be concerned about the injury he sustained for someone his age. Could be some genetic condition contributed to it.
And also unless i am mistaken, they won't know until well into Tua's recovery whether or not he will suffer the same condition that Bo Jackson developed that led to his NFL retirement. I am referring to Avascular Necrosis. Will make it tough for NFL teams to decide whether or not to gamble a high pick. Is there anything in the draft rules that would give something back to the team that drafted Tua if he ends up not being able to play at all?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #499
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Bo Jackson, that was some athlete. I can't believe it was over 30 years ago when he ran over Bosworth on Monday Night Football.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:45 PM   #500
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
He has the best Private QB coach around
Old 12-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #501
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not good
Old 12-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #502
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Not good
No, that's horrific

He Gets Us
Old 12-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #503
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Not good
He is in a league of his own, in the wrong direction. In almost all stats he is either way at the bottom or damn close and that is even comparing him to the back ups that are playing. I sure hope a QB coach moves in with him during the off season and they are joined at the hip. I can't believe he made it this far with some of the messed up stuff he does.

I guess he rode that cannon of an arm a long way. It was a couple games ago but I could not believe I saw him side arm a screen pass off of one foot with no defenders around him.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #504
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
He is in a league of his own, in the wrong direction. In almost all stats he is either way at the bottom or damn close and that is even comparing him to the back ups that are playing. I sure hope a QB coach moves in with him during the off season and they are joined at the hip. I can't believe he made it this far with some of the messed up stuff he does.

I guess he rode that cannon of an arm a long way. It was a couple games ago but I could not believe I saw him side arm a screen pass off of one foot with no defenders around him.
he's made a couple big time throws under pressure this yr but I think we can all agree that Jay was right on his progress, the kid isn't ready to start in the NFL, Drew Lock is playing on a shitty team with no Oline as well and he's 2-0 as a starter and lit up the Texans D Sunday. Honestly there are no excuses for Dwayne OTHER than his coach being fired (which he was happy about) so there is no sympathy on the guy.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #505
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
No, that's horrific
Watching his film, you can see the struggles but man that graphic is damn concerning.. Like if that doesn't improve in the next 3 weeks I'm not sure how the new regime can be confident in him as the QB1 for the next 5-10 years
Old 12-10-2019, 11:09 AM   #506
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Watching his film, you can see the struggles but man that graphic is damn concerning.. Like if that doesn't improve in the next 3 weeks I'm not sure how the new regime can be confident in him as the QB1 for the next 5-10 years
I think his goofy fundamentals are so ingrained they aren't something that can be quickly corrected during the season with everything else going on. Until that gets fixed not much else matters.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #507
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I think an offseason putting in work with coaches and Alex Smith would hopefully go a long way. Until then at least he's getting in-game reps. Expecting drastic improvement week-to-week is unrealistic when you need as much work as he does.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:29 PM   #508
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

You draft Joe Burrow if he is there. Period.

That Georgia defense is damn good...he flat out killed those MF'ers. And while Alabama defense isn't as great as the last couple years....look it up, they still have multiple first round prospects in the secondary...and he balled the f out and muted their second half comeback.

pssshhhh, ef Haskins if Burrow is there.

He Gets Us
Old 12-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #509
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You draft Joe Burrow if he is there. Period.

That Georgia defense is damn good...he flat out killed those MF'ers. And while Alabama defense isn't as great as the last couple years....look it up, they still have multiple first round prospects in the secondary...and he balled the f out and muted their second half comeback.

pssshhhh, ef Haskins if Burrow is there.
The ironic part of all this is Haskins was the one who forced Burrow out of OHST lol
Old 12-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #510
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

You draft Chase Young period. You give Haskins a full off-season and season under the new coaching staff and see what you have. Throwing away a 15th overall pick in a year where the coach get fired and replaced with 3 yards and a cloud of dust Callahan is not a fair way to evaluate him.
Closed Thread