Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


What do you want to see in our next QB?

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2020, 05:02 AM   #61
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,501
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Ron has never been in this position before where he has had total control of an operation- and it is showing. The guy is all over the place.

Ron like almost all coaches needs a strong GM w/ GM power.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2020, 05:12 AM   #62
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,501
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
1. Quarterback Trevor Lawrence continued to prove why he is expected to be the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Despite throwing his first interception in 364 days, Lawrence had 404 passing yards and five passing touchdowns, both career highs. He finished the game with a 219.5 passer rating and is now just the fifth ACC quarterback since 2000 to have a 150 or better efficiency rating in each of the first five games of a season. Coach Dabo Swinney has coached plenty of elite players, but Lawrence is unique.

Ive never been around a guy whos just more dialed into today. Literally, today, Swinney said. When I see him Monday, hell be locked in on Monday. Hes just so focused on his execution and his details, his reads, his footwork, all the little things. Im just really proud of him.
TL was dead on last week. But Tech literally did not even show up on defense. They looked like a d3 operation.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:06 AM   #63
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 887
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ron has never been in this position before where he has had total control of an operation- and it is showing. The guy is all over the place.

Ron like almost all coaches needs a strong GM w/ GM power.
I'm beginning to agree with that view. We don't want to be the next Texans with a coach GM getting the coach in trouble. I can't really see why we haven't appointed a GM yet...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #64
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,702
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
TL was dead on last week. But Tech literally did not even show up on defense. They looked like a d3 operation.
They are a d3 operation but shouldn't worry about. All the Clemson players that don't make it to the nfl will be working for a Tech alumni one day.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #65
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,863
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I'm beginning to agree with that view. We don't want to be the next Texans with a coach GM getting the coach in trouble. I can't really see why we haven't appointed a GM yet...
What questionable GM-type decisions has he made? I agree from a coaching aspect he has sent some mixed signals, and was unorthodox with his use of timeouts early on, but I don't get the feeling that he and Kyle Smith can't handle things. My guess is Kyle is the GM next year, but I don't see roles changing drastically.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #66
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,631
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
What questionable GM-type decisions has he made? I agree from a coaching aspect he has sent some mixed signals, and was unorthodox with his use of timeouts early on, but I don't get the feeling that he and Kyle Smith can't handle things. My guess is Kyle is the GM next year, but I don't see roles changing drastically.
our "bad" signings were small and not even that bad:

- LT Cornelius Lucas, 3m 1 yr and havent heard his name at all
- LR Thomas Davis Sr - 37 yrs old, 3.5M, no problem bringing a vet in

good signings:
- CB Fuller - 4/40M looking like a great signing.
- CD Darby, 1 yr 4M, i think he has earned his money, starting CB2
- G Schweitzer - 3yr/13.5M, his cap hit jumps to 5 next year but we can cut him after this year, probably Scherff replacement imo
- not signing Ereck Flowers, so happy about that. he might be playing well but hes not worth 10 or so a year, no where close imo. I think Schweitzer gives better production imo.

Trades:
- Trent for a 3rd and 5th (looking good)
- Dunbar - only got a 5th but he wanted to be paid, FA next year, injured for Seattle. Injury prone and doesnt play through pain. I honestly wouldnt pay him the league minimum, I hate those players a la Doctson.


They did offer Cooper but only 23M guaranteed, I truly think they did that to try and drive up cowboys price bc they knew he wouldnt accept 23M guaranteed.

Yeah, I think Kyle Smith is the defacto GM and I imagine he will be named as such this offseason. I dont think they made any bad decision.

Alex Santos, our perv former pro personnel guy, have we replaced him? He was the head of scouting pro players, I imagine thats an important position for FA.
__________________
Experiencing failure is a critical element to development. Ive failed a lot and Im still finding new ways to fail but Im starting to feel good about myself. Really good.
SunnySide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #67
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,631
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

^^ looking at that, considering we saved a ton of cap to roll over into next year .... that was one hell of an offseason given the circumstances.
__________________
Experiencing failure is a critical element to development. Ive failed a lot and Im still finding new ways to fail but Im starting to feel good about myself. Really good.
SunnySide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:30 PM   #68
AnonEmouse
Impact Rookie
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 887
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
What questionable GM-type decisions has he made? I agree from a coaching aspect he has sent some mixed signals, and was unorthodox with his use of timeouts early on, but I don't get the feeling that he and Kyle Smith can't handle things. My guess is Kyle is the GM next year, but I don't see roles changing drastically.
I'm not saying he made a ton of questionable decisions, I'm just suggesting HC and GM rolled into one is risky and unnecessary. For this season OK, but I agree with appointing a GM as soon as.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #69
Burgold
Special Teams
 
Burgold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 207
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Why not wait and see who's gonna be free after the season, are there any young vets that haven't had a chance outthere? if the Jets draft Lawrence then Sam Darnold will be up for grabs, why not take a look.. a different city and team?...don't laugh!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #70
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,401
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Why not wait and see who's gonna be free after the season, are there any young vets that haven't had a chance outthere? if the Jets draft Lawrence then Sam Darnold will be up for grabs, why not take a look.. a different city and team?...don't laugh!
I would give Darnold a chance if we couldn't draft the top QBs. Adam Gase is a terrible coach and pretty much destroy his players' reputation. Tannehill is a great example of this.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #71
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,155
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ron has never been in this position before where he has had total control of an operation- and it is showing. The guy is all over the place.

Ron like almost all coaches needs a strong GM w/ GM power.

We all have to remember that Rivera is fighting for his life and getting constant chemo and radiation therapy. I think and hope Rivera gives Kyle Smith the nod at GM. I think K. Smith may be doing the GM now, just without the title. The pressure is enormous on Rivera, so I can understand some inconsistency...

The other factor is Snyder. Snyder has been making direct personnel decisions for 20 years. Although Snyder is playing nice because hes afraid the NFL owners will kick him out, AS SOON as the pressure is off, hes going to return to being an owner who LOVES TO MEDDLE. I wonder if Rivera chooses Kyle Smith as the GM, whether Snyder might try to interject his opinion direct to Smith. Rivera can just say NO, but could Smith do the same??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #72
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,155
What do you want to see in our next QB?

First, We need a QB who can RUN. If you look at all the top QB in the NFL, all have the ability to take it too the house on their feet. That ability helps with a struggling OL, and it adds another pressure point on the defense. No more pocket passers!

Second, we need a QB who has GAME TIME EXPERIENCE . No more drafting QB who just played one season in college. Rivera cant wait a couple years to get his franchise QB enough reps to be effective, or to waste years finding out your QB is a bust!! Note what we get for Haskins in a trade this fall or next summer!

Finally, we need a super-dedicated and self-motivated player who is ACCURATE. If you get an accurate QB, you add a couple more receptions every game and you increase YAC.

There are several Qb this draft that fit the bill. I personally like the QB from BYU, but lets wait to the end of college football before we start arguing over which QB to take.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:12 PM   #73
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26,503
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
our "bad" signings were small and not even that bad:

- LT Cornelius Lucas, 3m 1 yr and havent heard his name at all
- LR Thomas Davis Sr - 37 yrs old, 3.5M, no problem bringing a vet in

good signings:
- CB Fuller - 4/40M looking like a great signing.
- CD Darby, 1 yr 4M, i think he has earned his money, starting CB2

- G Schweitzer - 3yr/13.5M, his cap hit jumps to 5 next year but we can cut him after this year, probably Scherff replacement imo
- not signing Ereck Flowers, so happy about that. he might be playing well but hes not worth 10 or so a year, no where close imo. I think Schweitzer gives better production imo.

Trades:
- Trent for a 3rd and 5th (looking good)
- Dunbar - only got a 5th but he wanted to be paid, FA next year, injured for Seattle. Injury prone and doesnt play through pain. I honestly wouldnt pay him the league minimum, I hate those players a la Doctson.


They did offer Cooper but only 23M guaranteed, I truly think they did that to try and drive up cowboys price bc they knew he wouldnt accept 23M guaranteed.

Yeah, I think Kyle Smith is the defacto GM and I imagine he will be named as such this offseason. I dont think they made any bad decision.

Alex Santos, our perv former pro personnel guy, have we replaced him? He was the head of scouting pro players, I imagine thats an important position for FA.
Both the free agent corners have played well, Darby May have earned an extension.

Wes Schweitzer should start in Schreff spot next year. Schreff hasnt earned a big deal...if people say Dunbar too injuried too extend, then BS falls into that category as well.
__________________
The League Done Messed Up
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:04 PM   #74
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Posts: 13,739
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You think he is a better prospect than Burrow and Tua?
I would say so.

Also, what I want to see from our next QB, wins
__________________
https://open.spotify.com/artist/2DfaB5lr7hZsqiI4W15Lge

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,988
Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.27654 seconds with 12 queries