All things Middle East related

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #31
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: All things Middle East related

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
I thought 2 marines were killed in the attack.
Link?

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #32
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Ok let me back up a minute here and say things a little clearer because I actually agree with the general feeling you guys have but I dont advocate willy nilly retailation if it puts more American soldiers at risk.

First of all I dont believe in any kind of higher power, so I dont believe anything these Muslim idiots do is justified. If they dont like our videos, feck them....its just a video about a mythical being AFAIC.

I'm distrustfull of the Arab nation as a whole.
I've heard some extremists say that we (the west/America) are/should be at war with the muslim religion. I lean about 80% towards that mind set.
However, even if we really were I dont see it ending in the next 500 years as these people will continue to procreate and want to be martyrs.
Sh1tty sitauation and I have no idea how to resolve.

When we invaded Iraq I was for it. Same goes for whatever you want to call the action in Afghanistan.....
However now I'm very tired and fed up with Americans in body bags.
My stance is no more boots on the ground to resolve things in the middle east.
Continue the fight....but let technology and drones do it and whatever else DARPA the CIA and the Skunkworks can come up with.

As for Libya....its a huge mess. Its a fractured country with a fledgeling govt. with different factions of military.
It could have been one of many "factions" in that area that ratted out and killed our state dept people. Regardless, its all about their religion so feck all of them.
Stay the feck out of Libya and let technology find and kill these arsewipes.

Last edited by Alvin Walton; 09-13-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #33
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Ok let me back up a minute here and say things a little clearer because I actually agree with the general feeling you guys have but I dont advocate willy nilly retailation if it puts more American soldiers at risk.

First of all I dont believe in any kind of higher power, so I dont believe anything these Muslim idiots do is justified. If they dont like our videos, feck them....its just a video about a mythical being AFAIC.

I'm distrustfull of the Arab nation as a whole.
I've heard some extremists say that we (the west/America) are/should be at war with the muslim religion. I lean about 80% towards that mind set.
However, even if we really were I dont see it ending in the next 500 years as these people will continue to procreate and want to be martyrs.
Sh1tty sitauation and I have no idea how to resolve.

When we invaded Iraq I was for it. Same goes for whatever you want to call the action in Afghanistan.....
However now I'm very tired and fed up with Americans in body bags.
My stance is no more boots on the ground to resolve things in the middle east.
Continue the fight....but let technology and drones do it and whatever else DARPA the CIA and the Skunkworks can come up with.

As for Libya....its a huge mess. Its a fractured country with a fledgeling govt. with different factions of military.
It could have been one of many "factions" in that area that ratted out and killed our state dept people. Regardless, its all about their religion so feck all of them.
Stay the feck out of Libya and let technology find and kill these arsewipes.
We agree on bolded. The only thing I would add is that I'm sure we'll need some sort of Spec Ops response....certainly not publicized. Defintely no repeat of Iraq & Afghanistan with widespread and massive boots-on-ground response.

These new regimes need to understand very quickly by a show of force if American interests in their countries are compromised the punishment will be swift, certain and severe. If they don't control the terrorist factions within their borders we will eliminate them ourselves.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Any chance we can get the filmaker and all financiers of the film on the first plane to Cairo? I cant stand when some one yells free speech and goes into hiding. You make something with the sole purpose of hate and too afraid to face the reaction? What a ****in pussy.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #35
firstdown
Living Legend

I didn't see the guy hiding he was on the news doing an interview. Funny how this is deemed so bad but the attacks on religion seems fair game. So if all the Cristians start killing people everytime their religion is attacked we can then start calling that free speech hatred.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #36
firstdown
Living Legend

Nice to see but that's a small group saying they support us compared to hate we see. If you look at the photos its the same small group of people with pics from different angles.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #37
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Link?
There are conflicting reports on whether the two security guards killed were marines.

Assault on U.S. consulate in Benghazi leaves 4 dead, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens - CBS News

Quote:
Al-Sharef said two U.S. Marines sent to Benghazi when the clash erupted were shot and killed by the well-armed protesters. It was not immediately clear whether the Marines were part of Stevens' security detail.
REPORT: Two Marines Killed In Attack On US Consulate In Libya - Business Insider

Quote:
Marine Capt. Kendra Motz told us: "We don't have any Marine equities in the consulate in Benghazi, nor do we have any reports of Marine casualties from there at this time."

Anti-terror Marine team heading to Libya to reinforce security at diplomatic facilities - The Washington Post

Quote:
U.S. embassies, particularly in major countries and in unstable or less secure nations, usually have a resident contingent of Marine security guards. Early indications were that there was no Marine security unit at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. A consulate is a branch office in major cities outside the capital. These guards work under the supervision of the senior diplomatic officer at an embassy.

The main role of Marine security guards is to protect classified national security documents, according to the web site of the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group, which administers the security guard mission from a Marine base in Virginia. Their secondary role is to protect U.S. citizens and U.S. government property in the event of an emergency.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #38
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Nice to see but that's a small group saying they support us compared to hate we see. If you look at the photos its the same small group of people with pics from different angles.

They in a war zone and are putting themselves in danger to sympathize with us and protest the killings and all you have to say is "form the pictures there aren't many of them." What an asinine thing to say.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #39
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
They in a war zone and are putting themselves in danger to sympathize with us and protest the killings and all you have to say is "form the pictures there aren't many of them." What an asinine thing to say.
You left off my entire post. I said it was nice to see but it was not very many people. It was oringinally posted like there was some hugh ground swell of support for the US. By you saying they were brave to do what they did is just confirming their hate for us. Which was my point.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
firstdown
Living Legend

I wonder if they used the weapons that Obama gave them to kill our own?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #42
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #43
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This is gut wrenching and truly upsetting. Once live fire is heard there's no such thing as a civilian...you fire at will and in all directions.
I agree with you fully on this.

Quote:
Yea right....thats what got Blackwater in such deep sh1t.
First off, the Blackwater thing is totally different. Not even in the same ball park. Secondly, the US Embassy is American soil, and any attempt to breach that land is a act of aggression and it should be dealt with severely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
yeah, cause one idiot fires a gun, you have full authority to murder 2000 peaceful protestors (though these guys weren't exactly entirely peaceful).
Like I said above, the US embassy is American soil. It's no different if they landed on our beaches and started attacking random places. They needed to be put down swiftly and harshly. The peaceful protestors wouldn't be trying to breach the compound, they would be outside still protesting. For anybody trying to climb the walls, or enter the compound, it should be a shoot to kill type scenario. These are simple rules of engagement.

They have a movie about this VERY type of scenario that happened(breached embassy by armed crowd). It rightfully is called Rules of Engagement. Watch it.

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #44
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
um, unless i'm mistaken we didn't give them weapons. we gave them training/uniforms/food/medical aid, but not guns. the dudes in the pics i saw had ak's, so unless you have a link or something, i think you're sensationalizing and making a pointless/stupid dig at obama.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #45
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
They have a movie about this VERY type of scenario that happened(breached embassy by armed crowd). It rightfully is called Rules of Engagement.
trust me, i understand RoE I was just saying, we shouldn't be throwing around invasions of foreign countries like that should be our first response to every american death (unless those suggesting it are about to go enlist or are cool with being drafted and sent to the desert for the next 10-20 years). We had some very extreme reactionary suggestions in the thread that just weren't/aren't based in reality.

if you read my other post, based on embassy defense in africa, the best course is to snipe the leaders/heavy weapons and it tends to chill the crowd the %$^ out pretty quick. I heard reports they might not have even had live ammo though, and certainly not enough people to protect against the size of crowd that showed up.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote