Around the NFL…Week 6 Style

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-17-2021, 04:58 PM   #1
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: Around the NFL…Week 6 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am as big a Heinicke fan as there is on this board, but I wish the FO had made an offer Stafford could NOT have refused. Not saying our dysfunction wouldn't still be in play, but man would he be great with McLaurin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
They shouldn't have screwed up things with Cousins.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Glad the Jaguars won today. I hope the Dolphins and Jags both win next weekend along with the Giants and Lions.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
They shouldn't have screwed up things with Cousins.
Let's leave KC out of this. He wasn't any better answer for us or minnesota

CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:05 PM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Let's leave KC out of this. He wasn't any better answer for us or minnesota

Cousins has gone 28-25-1 in a much better team/better run organization. I don't understand people thinking that he'd do any better in our dysfunctional organization.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 08:11 PM   #5
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Ugh! This division race is all but over if you ask me. The Cowboys will have locked up a divisional title with three or four games left based on how things are currently going.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Cousins has gone 28-25-1 in a much better team/better run organization. I don't understand people thinking that he'd do any better in our dysfunctional organization.
The QB W/L record is the worst way to judge a QB. But since so many seem to be worried about it, what is our W-L record since he left? Is the offense any better since he left? We all know what Kirk is, he needs a team around him like a lot of guys do. But he added some serious stability which we have not had at the most important position since he left, nor did we have it before he took over as the full time starter.

One of the worst decisions Snyder made was letting him walk and not paying him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #7
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The QB W/L record is the worst way to judge a QB. But since so many seem to be worried about it, what is our W-L record since he left? Is the offense any better since he left? We all know what Kirk is, he needs a team around him like a lot of guys do. But he added some serious stability which we have not had at the most important position since he left, nor did we have it before he took over as the full time starter.

One of the worst decisions Snyder made was letting him walk and not paying him.
I don't understand how a QB that has done marginally well in a much better run organization, and a team with a hell of a lot more talent, could have done better in our train wreck of an organization.

Cousins is not good enough of a QB to have overcome the dysfunction of this organization, which is what you imply by saying that it was the worst mistake to let him walk.

There are very few QBs that could have changed our team's situation over the past 3 years, and Kirk Cousins is not one of them (hell he hasn't even changed Minnesota's situation).
R.I.P. #21
Old 10-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #8
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the NFL…Week 6 Style

Quote:
I don't understand how a QB that has done marginally well in a much better run organization, and a team with a hell of a lot more talent, could have done better in our train wreck of an organization.

Cousins is not good enough of a QB to have overcome the dysfunction of this organization, which is what you imply by saying that it was the worst mistake to let him walk.

There are very few QBs that could have changed our team's situation over the past 3 years, and Kirk Cousins is not one of them (hell he hasn't even changed Minnesota's situation).

Football is a team sport. Cousins cannot help where he plays or who he plays with. He has a 70 percent completion percentage. 10 td’s to 2 picks. A rating on par with Aaron Rodgers. It is obvious you detest the man, but he is a way better quarterback than you think he is.
Also why do you think the Vikings are some well run great team? Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:05 PM   #9
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I never said he was good enough to overcome our organization. But the team was better with him vs w/out and those are facts. The WL record is worse with out him. The offensive production is worse w/out him. Again those are facts.

The issue in Minnesota is the their crappy defense. It is not Cousins. Yeah he throws out a few stinkers like he always does, but over the length of a full season he is a more than capable NFL starter.

Personal feelings aside you have to admit that much.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:46 PM   #10
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I never said he was good enough to overcome our organization. But the team was better with him vs w/out and those are facts. The WL record is worse with out him. The offensive production is worse w/out him. Again those are facts.

The issue in Minnesota is the their crappy defense. It is not Cousins. Yeah he throws out a few stinkers like he always does, but over the length of a full season he is a more than capable NFL starter.

Personal feelings aside you have to admit that much.
I see what you are saying, I just don't have any faith in this organization or the previous and current coaching regimes to think that things would have been better. I mean, probably a slight improvement, but not by much.
R.I.P. #21