Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins at Cowboys)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #31
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Re: Smoot Lays the Smack Down (Redskins at Cowboys)

Seriously, F D. Hall. Guy played poorly tonight... and ya know, I'm ok with other guys who played poorly, but if you're gonna talk ****, back it up. If not, keep your mouth shut. This is why I HATE when the Skins open their mouths (which they rarely do outside of Hall)... god that makes me angry.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #32
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
And the MNF opening musical segment.

Unless you yourself composed it. If so, very well played SS.
I don't even think I've heard it this year
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #33
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Even the Madden AI would figure out someone calling three cover-0 blitzes in a row. Actually, I'm reminded of the Blache 2009 where we called a cover-0 blitz and Bradshaw BURNT us on a screen.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It happens 44, hey we are a better team than last year just chill. 3-1 at the bye would really ease the pain. Rex is what he is that's y most of us wanted Beck but gotta stick w him
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #35
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Seriously, F D. Hall. Guy played poorly tonight... and ya know, I'm ok with other guys who played poorly, but if you're gonna talk ****, back it up. If not, keep your mouth shut. This is why I HATE when the Skins open their mouths (which they rarely do outside of Hall)... god that makes me angry.
Bryant was tossing Hall around like a rag doll all game. Just seriously stomped on him. How tall is Bryant like 6'3? Hall looked like a small child next to him.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #36
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

We see how well that worked out for us tonight.

Quote:
“That’s how it was; it ain’t how it’s gonna be from here on out,” Hall said Monday morning. “I’m going wherever the [obscenity] ball is going. Wherever the receiver is going, that’s where the [obscenity] I’m going.”

Asked whether Haslett would be receptive to his demand, Hall stood firm.

“It don’t matter what he say,” Hall said. “This [is] my team. This [is] my defense. I’m gonna follow the receivers around. If we’ve got to do that to win games, that’s what I’m gonna do.”
Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall demands a change in role - Redskins Journal
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #37
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Wow, super disagree on the whole Beck wouldn't have done better. How could he have done worse? Grossman made mistake after mistake tonight, the awful interception, the near INT in the red zone, the two other near interceptions (Santana having to play CB), losing the ball on the last play, nearly losing the ball a little earlier, having no zip on about 50% of his passes. He was pathetic, Beck would have been better by virtue of only making half those myriad mistakes

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #38
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Oh and Grossman's really fat

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #39
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Well...I think we saw a clearer picture of the roster but more importantly the coaching staff tonight.

1. Coaching. Haslett is awful, just awful. I've never had faith in his ability and definitely believe he was very lucky in the first two games. How can you leave Hall alone in coverage (no safety back there)? How can your blitz calls continually get picked up by one of the worst offensive lines in the league?

I honestly can't say whether we have the right personnel for the 3-4 scheme yet, and toward the bigger picture I think there's still an argument to be made this coaching/FO regime was stupid to make the switch away from the 4-3 when and how it did, but regardless Haslett isn't a winner. He's making stupid calls and taking stupid risks in his 2nd season...again, Hall in lone coverage and no safety help in a close game.

The coaching on the offensive side of the ball isn't much better. Shanny didn't stay committed to the run and let the offense get predictable.

2.) On the player side I don't have a problem giving Beck a shot. Rex is sinking (comfortably) into his bad old habits of forcing lousy passes on not protecting the football.

Jammal Brown is also in the dog house, but altogether I don't think this oline has anything to brag about. Again it begs the question of coaching/FO decisions. Why do we have the guys we do on the line in Bruce and Mike's second season?

I remember thinking last year how disappointing the new regime was in light of a championship level coach returning from a hiatus i.e. you'd expect a solid plan that produces results. This season isn't much different. Defensively, unless Orakpo and Kerrigan have great games we're very mediocre. We faced an absolutely terrible offense tonight and they scored more points than we did. Offensively, we (still) don't have a solution at QB and (still) don't have a dominant possession receiver. And most importantly we still struggle to put points on the board when it matters.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Goat our OL isn't that bad actually and in all fairness J.H has done a decent job so far, 2 out of 3 games under 20 points.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #41
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Well...I think we saw a clearer picture of the roster but more importantly the coaching staff tonight.

1. Coaching. Haslett is awful, just awful. I've never had faith in his ability and definitely believe he was very lucky in the first two games. How can you leave Hall alone in coverage (no safety back there)? How can your blitz calls continually get picked up by one of the worst offensive lines in the league?

I honestly can't say whether we have the right personnel for the 3-4 scheme yet, and toward the bigger picture I think there's still an argument to be made this coaching/FO regime was stupid to make the switch away from the 4-3 when and how it did, but regardless Haslett isn't a winner. He's making stupid calls and taking stupid risks in his 2nd season...again, Hall in lone coverage and no safety help in a close game.

The coaching on the offensive side of the ball isn't much better. Shanny didn't stay committed to the run and let the offense get predictable.

2.) On the player side I don't have a problem giving Beck a shot. Rex is sinking (comfortably) into his bad old habits of forcing lousy passes on not protecting the football.

Jammal Brown is also in the dog house, but altogether I don't think this oline has anything to brag about. Again it begs the question of coaching/FO decisions. Why do we have the guys we do on the line in Bruce and Mike's second season?

I remember thinking last year how disappointing the new regime was in light of a championship level coach returning from a hiatus i.e. you'd expect a solid plan that produces results. This season isn't much different. Defensively, unless Orakpo and Kerrigan have great games we're very mediocre. We faced an absolutely terrible offense tonight and they scored more points than we did. Offensively, we (still) don't have a solution at QB and (still) don't have a dominant possession receiver. And most importantly we still struggle to put points on the board when it matters.
As much as I feel like Rex isn't the answer and really don't like him at QB, I just don't think benching him or even trying Beck out for 1 game is the answer. Rex (apparently) is getting comfortable with the coaches and like how the coaches trust him, bench him even for 1 game and that trust potentially goes out the window and the "F*** it, I'm going deep" Rex could be back in action, simply because he feels like he has to prove his worth. I mean did anyone really think we were gonna have a playoff team with Grossman at the helm? I mean maybe... but... At this point we just have to ride Rex out this season and pray that we can start building a franchise QB next season.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #42
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:

Like Gtripp said somewhere. Hasslet was calling a great game through 59 plays and got exposed on the 60th. That doesnt sound like awful to me.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #43
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Goat, I don't think Haslett is awful, but that blitz may have cost us the game at that point. In addition to players that don't execute (Hall, Grossman, etc., etc.) I think coaches are making questionable calls.

Also...we don't seem to be good any anything on offense. We used to be a running team....but that doesn't seem the case. And Grossman is not going to win a game for us. So I'd be more concerned about the offense.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

Don't kid yourself, Romo deserves all the knob-slobbing he's getting right now. His center and his wideouts were letting him down big time, between him, Felix Jones, Witten, and Dez Bryant on the one play they needed him tonight, they were the reasons the Cowboys kept getting into field goal range.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #45
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I know this is a smackdown thread, but how good was our defense independent of their blown assignments? Jason Garrett, a former QB and hired offensive mind, chose to punt a very make-able 4th and 7th because he didn't have a play to get seven yards.

That's mind boggling. You have Tony Romo, Jason Witten, Dez Bryant, and Felix Jones on the same field and you don't have a play that can get you seven yards? You're being dominated.

Before we vilify Haslett for being figured out by the sixtieth call, consider how dominant he was schematically in the first 59. The offense just has to do more than it has the last two weeks, or we can't finish above .500.

More Helu, less Hightower? That's the first change I would make.
Seriously? The cowboys have one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen. Like Gruden said when have you ever seen 4 snaps blown like that? And Romo could hardly move lol.

The defense may have played hard but the calls out of Haslett are terrible. Unless Orakpo and Kerrigan both have dominant games (simultaneously) this is a suspect defense i.e. we'll get shredded by the top 5 to 10 offenses in the league.