Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #211
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Yeah they rated Burrow as a perfect grade on their bored.
Was it because they were tired of looking at it and kept yawning and struggling to stay awake? #draftbored
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #212
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Interesting article in The Athletic by Bob McGinn, a big time pro talent evaluator reviewing the WR and TE's in the draft. He makes the point that while there are a lot of very talented receivers in the draft, he does not see any that are likely All-Pro, including guys like Jeudy. It is interesting because he breaks the players down by specific strengths and weaknesses. He does not see many of the receivers as genuine first round material, more like second, third and fourth round types. That suggests we may be able to find decent receiver talent, albeit with definite weaknesses, in the 3rd and 4th rounds. He does not see any of the TE candidates as going higher than the 3rd round other than possibly Kmet. He sees the Dayton kid as more of a 4th round pick as a TE.
All in all he sees a lot of talented but not All Pro caliber receivers whose success may depend upon how they are schemed and used.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #213
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
Interesting article in The Athletic by Bob McGinn, a big time pro talent evaluator reviewing the WR and TE's in the draft. He makes the point that while there are a lot of very talented receivers in the draft, he does not see any that are likely All-Pro, including guys like Jeudy. It is interesting because he breaks the players down by specific strengths and weaknesses. He does not see many of the receivers as genuine first round material, more like second, third and fourth round types. That suggests we may be able to find decent receiver talent, albeit with definite weaknesses, in the 3rd and 4th rounds. He does not see any of the TE candidates as going higher than the 3rd round other than possibly Kmet. He sees the Dayton kid as more of a 4th round pick as a TE.
All in all he sees a lot of talented but not All Pro caliber receivers whose success may depend upon how they are schemed and used.
I'm gonna somewhat agree with this...Jeudy isn't a talent like Coop or Julio coming out of Bama, but I think Ceedee Lamb has the most all all pro talent. I do think this draft does have a lot of starters and it will depend on coaching and scheme how they progress. Which they may not be all pro, but if you can score a solid starter at WR in the late first, second and 3rd, that is saying something about the class.

I totally agree at TE, this is a terrible class and its even a worse one to take a gamble with some of these guys in the 3rd round. We should wait til the 4th and 5th for TE. Don't reach for these guys.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:43 PM   #214
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's hard to say any of these guys are ALL-PRO material.. Who's to say Burrow is a lock to be great or Chase or Tua? It's all a crap shoot.

If you look back at our drafts, Jon Allen at the time was a "Great" pick.. Now he's looking like an average at best player. Payne as well.

Clowney was that Chase Young of his class remember scouts saying how he's a generational talent? Now he's about to be on his 3rd team.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:04 PM   #215
Ohioskins
Special Teams

To be more precise, McGinn was saying that he did not grade many of these guys, including Lamb, as No. 1 receivers. He evaluated Lamb as a No. 2 receiver. Same with the other high ranked guys. The top prospects are Not No.1, but more likely No. 2 , receivers according to McGinn.

Last edited by Ohioskins; 04-15-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2020, 03:27 PM   #216
Ohioskins
Special Teams

The guy who I would like to see us pick, particularly if he is available in the 4th round, is KJ Hill from Ohio State. While he is not as fast as McLauren, he is the same kind of disciplined route runner as Terry. They both learned their craft from OSU receivers' coach Brian Hartline. One of the hallmarks of Hartline's coaching is instilling the discipline of precision in running routes. Like McLauren, KJ Hill is a very precise route runner and is familiar to Haskins since they played together at OSU. Hill holds Ohio State's career record for receptions and he would be a very nice addition to McLauren since they both worked together with Haskins in 2018. Some drafts have Hill going in the third round. Others have him going in the 4th.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:54 PM   #217
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
It's hard to say any of these guys are ALL-PRO material.. Who's to say Burrow is a lock to be great or Chase or Tua? It's all a crap shoot.

If you look back at our drafts, Jon Allen at the time was a "Great" pick.. Now he's looking like an average at best player. Payne as well.

Clowney was that Chase Young of his class remember scouts saying how he's a generational talent? Now he's about to be on his 3rd team.
I'm looking for big things from both of them this year. They should be able to take a leap, as they are another year older, and they now have Del Rio/Rivera. No excuses for them. They need to be studs this year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:56 PM   #218
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
To be more precise, McGinn was saying that he did not grade many of these guys, including Lamb, as No. 1 receivers. He evaluated Lamb as a No. 2 receiver. Same with the other high ranked guys. The top prospects are Not No.1, but more likely No. 2 , receivers according to McGinn.
It would be interesting to know how he graded current NFL rosters. I would wager there aren't 32 guys he would evaluate as No. 1 guys. For most positions there aren't enough certified studs for every team to have 1/2 great starters at every position. I think Jeudy is gonna be very good. Lamb too. It will be interesting to tracking these guys careers.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:26 AM   #219
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This draft is laughably loaded (IMO):

2: R1P21 - EDGE CHASE YOUNG - OHIO STATE
66: R3P2 - TE COLE KMET - NOTRE DAME
108: R4P2 - S ASHTYN DAVIS - CALIFORNIA
142: R4P36 - C TYLER BIADASZ - WISCONSIN
162: R5P16 - TE THADDEUS MOSS - LSU
216: R7P2 - CB MICHAEL OJEMUDIA - IOWA
229: R7P15 - OT TERRANCE STEELE - TEXAS TECH
Old 04-17-2020, 08:09 AM   #220
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:

Could not agree more!!!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:59 AM   #221
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

Who was their D coach? Things are about to change drastically, if you think Chase will be just be another player, think again.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #222
MTK
\m/

Definitely don't agree with Payne and Allen being average... and while Clowney is moving on to a new team it's not because of his talent
Old 04-17-2020, 09:17 AM   #223
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Definitely don't agree with Payne and Allen being average... and while Clowney is moving on to a new team it's not because of his talent
Took the words out of my mouth. What I read about Young he doesn't seem to have the same attitude as Clowney, the latter seeming to me to be another Haynesworth.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:22 AM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Payne's been good, but I think he could be great this year. Del Rio has been a solid d coordinator, but unlike Scott Turner, my expectations are much higher with the talent on his side of the ball. There are no excuses for Del Rio especially with that front line if we can add CY.

A guy who was very good last year...Tim Settle. I really would like to see a Dline with both Settle and Payne at DT next to one another in some situations.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #225
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Payne's been good, but I think he could be great this year. Del Rio has been a solid d coordinator, but unlike Scott Turner, my expectations are much higher with the talent on his side of the ball. There are no excuses for Del Rio especially with that front line if we can add CY.

A guy who was very good last year...Tim Settle. I really would like to see a Dline with both Settle and Payne at DT next to one another in some situations.
I agree, love Settle he can manhandle people. Would like to see more time given to him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote