Bust 9 20.45%
Too early to tell 35 79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #166
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat

I wasnt on the Haskins bandwagon but I think the mob turned on him way to quick.

Physical abilities are there. He throws a nice ball. His arm is plus. We knew he was a project coming in, perhaps not this much of a project. Unfortunately, he was drafted by a team that top to bottom doesnt know to function. Hes learning dysfunction.

Haskins should get at least 8 or so starts, assuming he stays healthy. And he needs some starts with a week of practice before we can start micro analyzing him.

Haskins has the physical abilities. I am no where close to writing him off. Wish his emergency starts looked better but its too soon.

Advertisements
Old 10-28-2019, 01:15 PM   #167
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Is it just me,or does the kid seem disinterested on the sideline,one of the reasons I said not to play him is he just doesn't seem to be paying attention..somebody needs to take Dwayne aside and have a long talk with him about just what it means to be an NFL quarterback because he may think that all he had to do was get drafted and the job was his,starting with him wanting No.7 which belongs to Joe which says that he had no sense of team history and he's spoiled,yes the kid has talent but he needs an attitude adjustment between now and training camp!
No, its not just you. In fact, its the number on reason I have no problem calling him a bust.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #168
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I think its important to note the trends in reports we've heard as it relates to Haskins readiness to start since the time drafted him.

First, we were told that, while it might take him a while to develop, he would still be in the mix to have a chance to compete to be the week 1 starter in camp.

During camp, based on what was observed and what the coaches were saying, the talk shifted more towards him sitting for a few weeks, but most likely being ready to start at some point early on in the season.

As the season started, the reports were more like Haskins might sit all year, learn, but be ready to start in 2020.

Following Jays firing, Callahan made comments indicating that Haskins might not even start in 2020, that he could take some time to develop and this could be a situation similar to Aaron Rogers, who sat several years before starting. This was further supported by reporting that the skins may go back to Alex Smith in 2020 if he's healthy.

Amidst all of this, there were reports that Haskins was not taking things very seriously. Mike Lombardi said he talked to several coaches who said Haskins was not paying attention in meetings, not putting in the time and work, acting entitled, and seemed to think the job should just be handed to him. We've seen with our own eyes Haskins on the sidelines seeming disinterested. After each offensive series, he's not sitting with Case and reviewing the plays - even when he is the #2 QB and needs to be ready to play. I cant recall having EVER seen the backup QB for any team be so.... negligent.

We all thought Haskins was a reach at the draft due to his lack of experience. But the most troubling concerns relate to his mindset and attitude. There is nothing you can do with a player who isn't willing to recognize his role on a team or put forth the effort to improve. Haskins has shown me all he needs to show me to know he isn't the answer. We need a QB who is a LEADER, not a POUTER.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #169
SunnySide
Playmaker

Technically .. he cant be declared a franchise QB or a bust at this time. Rules clearly state that a QB must be given 15 starts before he is eligible for labels.

https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
Old 10-28-2019, 02:53 PM   #170
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I think its important to note the trends in reports we've heard as it relates to Haskins readiness to start since the time drafted him.

First, we were told that, while it might take him a while to develop, he would still be in the mix to have a chance to compete to be the week 1 starter in camp.

During camp, based on what was observed and what the coaches were saying, the talk shifted more towards him sitting for a few weeks, but most likely being ready to start at some point early on in the season.

As the season started, the reports were more like Haskins might sit all year, learn, but be ready to start in 2020.

Following Jays firing, Callahan made comments indicating that Haskins might not even start in 2020, that he could take some time to develop and this could be a situation similar to Aaron Rogers, who sat several years before starting. This was further supported by reporting that the skins may go back to Alex Smith in 2020 if he's healthy.

Amidst all of this, there were reports that Haskins was not taking things very seriously. Mike Lombardi said he talked to several coaches who said Haskins was not paying attention in meetings, not putting in the time and work, acting entitled, and seemed to think the job should just be handed to him. We've seen with our own eyes Haskins on the sidelines seeming disinterested. After each offensive series, he's not sitting with Case and reviewing the plays - even when he is the #2 QB and needs to be ready to play. I cant recall having EVER seen the backup QB for any team be so.... negligent.

We all thought Haskins was a reach at the draft due to his lack of experience. But the most troubling concerns relate to his mindset and attitude. There is nothing you can do with a player who isn't willing to recognize his role on a team or put forth the effort to improve. Haskins has shown me all he needs to show me to know he isn't the answer. We need a QB who is a LEADER, not a POUTER.
Lombardi can fuck off. I put zero stock in anything he says about the Skins.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:56 PM   #171
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Lombardi can fuck off. I put zero stock in anything he says about the Skins.
He only talked to the coaches ( most likely Gruden) that are on staff. What the hell do they know?
Old 10-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #172
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

This is that dumb shit I hate commenting on.

Nobody in their right mind was talking about Alex Smith being a viable option for 2020. After 17 surgeries the obvious move should be him retiring, and tbh he can start all he wants elsewhere but it damn sure shouldn't be here, after we wasted 40 mil in cap space on him.

And I like Lombardi on some things, I thought his criticism on the FO issues was on point but I haven't heard anybody else talking about Haskins attitude or mindset as being a problem. Until I hear it everywhere it's a non-starter for me.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:47 PM   #173
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Nobody in their right mind was talking about Alex Smith being a viable option for 2020. After 17 surgeries the obvious move should be him retiring, and tbh he can start all he wants elsewhere but it damn sure shouldn't be here, after we wasted 40 mil in cap space on him.

And I like Lombardi on some things, I thought his criticism on the FO issues was on point but I haven't heard anybody else talking about Haskins attitude or mindset as being a problem. Until I hear it everywhere it's a non-starter for me.
I believe it may have been Jay who said earlier in the year that of course the redskins and many other NFL teams would consider Alex Smith in 2020 if he was cleared to play and ready to go....
Old 10-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #174
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Haskins Thread

It sounds like Haskins had a good day of practice with the first team since Keenum is still in concussion protocol. Also Keim said Callahan talked with Haskins over the weekend. I know Case will start this week but if Haskins can get reps thats a good thing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2019, 09:31 PM   #175
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I believe it may have been Jay who said earlier in the year that of course the redskins and many other NFL teams would consider Alex Smith in 2020 if he was cleared to play and ready to go....
How long have you been a fan? Long enough to learn coach speak right?
Old 10-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #176
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Those two guys can call the plays. It was reported that when Haskins got in there he called the play the wrong way, Quinn went to the wrong area and then it resulted in a penalty. That's the stuff we're talking about here. Just the basic crap.

Even when we had both RG and Cousins as rookies we never heard anything about them not being able to call the plays the correct way. IDK, I want him in there as bad as everyone else but if he can't do the very basics then he simply can't play.

Also I have not heard one single player say he's ready. They all say the political correct thing. That's even more telling than what the coaches are saying. Players know..

Well let him practice with the first team, and play - put him on the fast track. If Keenum is going to be the starter next year Im done. Lol.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:37 AM   #177
Warthog
The Starter

The Haskins Threat

Give Dwayne all the first team reps and play him for the rest of the season. If there’s no progression or he’s still an INT machine, then the draft for 2020 will be changed.

Use his performance to decide whether to draft a high QB in the first round. Give neither BA nor DS any say in the decision in the draft.

Have a true competition between the new draft pick QB and Haskins. If Haskins is the loser eventually trade him for the best deal in the following g years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-29-2019, 08:07 AM   #178
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

That $40 million is exactly why I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Smith back playing.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:42 AM   #179
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
That $40 million is exactly why I wouldn't be surprised if they try to get Smith back playing.

Smith would be crazy to try to risk his future health, simply for pride. He gets paid either way, so why risk becoming a cripple?

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 10-30-2019, 06:55 AM   #180
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Smith would be crazy to try to risk his future health, simply for pride. He gets paid either way, so why risk becoming a cripple?

I agree with you but we all know the players have a different mindset than the rest of us.
Closed Thread