Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #286
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,878
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
He only needs more time because he has horrendous fundamental flaws that could improve his accuracy if corrected. Right now it is an insult to RG3 to compare the two. Haskins has had a grand total of zero games where he hasn't been a boat anchor to the offense in 6 appearances. He has a 58.5 QB rating so far in his rookie year, RG3 was a 102.4. How is Haskins going to do when the league figures him out? Please stop being hopeful about this guy, he has shown NOTHING so far.
RG3'S rookie year, we had excellent playcalling based on his talents.

It's also insulting to Haskins to act like all things are equal. This coaching staff is setting him up for failure.
__________________
Soon to be sdredwolvesfan2001 aka artist formerly known as sdskinsfan2001
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #287
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,878
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Just don't get the constant shitting on Haskins with what he is given to work with. And considering he was always considered to be a project due to limited starts at OSU.
__________________
Soon to be sdredwolvesfan2001 aka artist formerly known as sdskinsfan2001
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #288
PorkSkins
Special Teams
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 377
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Otherwise I thought these guys played hard, but they got no help from the coaches. Who the fuck is calling that an NFL offense? Unimaginative, predictable that is the Redskins offense. They should have put Case in the game if you ask me.
I said the same thing re: your entire post. Almost verbatim.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #289
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,762
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

The fact is Haskins doesn't look good but he's also a rookie that played 1 year in college.. There is no reason to call him a bust yet, now if he sucks next yr then yeah he's a bust most likely
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:01 PM   #290
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,843
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The fact is Haskins doesn't look good but he's also a rookie that played 1 year in college.. There is no reason to call him a bust yet, now if he sucks next yr then yeah he's a bust most likely
+1

ITT: a bunch of guys mad because our new QB doesn't work right fresh out of the box.

Let's see what he can do next year with a year under his belt and a fresh coaching staff and some new talent at key positions. You guys are acting like we surrounded him with a cast of all-pros.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #291
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,426
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The fact is Haskins doesn't look good but he's also a rookie that played 1 year in college.. There is no reason to call him a bust yet, now if he sucks next yr then yeah he's a bust most likely
That is not an excuse to throw wild passes and not have your feet set so you can throw the ball with some kind of accuracy.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #292
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub
 
tsmia4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 23
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Your absolutely right about everything


Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
tsmia4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #293
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub
 
tsmia4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 23
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

True to a certain extent...but when the defense doesn't respect you,you have to prove yourself...and he's is not...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
tsmia4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #294
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub
 
tsmia4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 23
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

He definitely will get that chance...will be interesting to see who will be coaching him

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
tsmia4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #295
PorkSkins
Special Teams
 
PorkSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 377
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmia4fun View Post
He definitely will get that chance...will be interesting to see who will be coaching him

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No offense, but you can comment in the same post, instead of making three separate posts back-to-back.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:09 AM   #296
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,144
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Do you mean when McLaughlin had to reach back to make a one handed grab cause the pass was so far behind him? That has nothing to do with the OC. He simply can't consistently hit open wr's.


He has accuracy problems, yes. His footwork needs work, yes. But when the OC ran a series of plays not geared to some archaic and super predictable 1960ís style of run oriented offense, he drove the team down the field.

The OL is weak in pass protection, the OC or Callahan is calling a very predictable, super run-heavy offensive scheme, the RB (both AP and Thompson) routinely miss blocks in pass protection. We have poor TE. Our starting WR are all new. It would be difficult for anyone to succeed consistently with these handicaps. Not excusing his play, nor am I saying he will succeed in the NFL. But calling a rookie QB a bust after 4 games is premature. Maybe weíll know more by the end of the season.

The team has a great draft pick coming up. Maybe in the top 3. Itís important that if BA is fired and we get a good or very good HC that the team use this draft pick well. If the team wastes that pick on another QB, when there are 3 holes on the OL, or Chase Young is available that would hurt the team just when we have a chance to dig itself out of the crater that Snyder and BA have made.

Itís easy to say, Haskinís sucks, Sweat sucks. Until this team is properly coached itís tough to evaluate rookie players. I myself reserve judgement until the season is over and we see how much Haskins grows or doesnít grow in the next three games. You canít succeed in the NFL unless you have a franchise QB. We need to get one whether itís Haskins or someone in this draft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:46 AM   #297
EdmundDorf
Special Teams
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 233
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
He has accuracy problems, yes. His footwork needs work, yes. But when the OC ran a series of plays not geared to some archaic and super predictable 1960ís style of run oriented offense, he drove the team down the field.

The OL is weak in pass protection, the OC or Callahan is calling a very predictable, super run-heavy offensive scheme, the RB (both AP and Thompson) routinely miss blocks in pass protection. We have poor TE. Our starting WR are all new. It would be difficult for anyone to succeed consistently with these handicaps. Not excusing his play, nor am I saying he will succeed in the NFL. But calling a rookie QB a bust after 4 games is premature. Maybe weíll know more by the end of the season.

The team has a great draft pick coming up. Maybe in the top 3. Itís important that if BA is fired and we get a good or very good HC that the team use this draft pick well. If the team wastes that pick on another QB, when there are 3 holes on the OL, or Chase Young is available that would hurt the team just when we have a chance to dig itself out of the crater that Snyder and BA have made.

Itís easy to say, Haskinís sucks, Sweat sucks. Until this team is properly coached itís tough to evaluate rookie players. I myself reserve judgement until the season is over and we see how much Haskins grows or doesnít grow in the next three games. You canít succeed in the NFL unless you have a franchise QB. We need to get one whether itís Haskins or someone in this draft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree......

... though I would add one further point, even if we accept that Haskins is a bust, drafting a quarterback in round 1 this year makes no sense unless you commit to spending a small fortune on O line FAs, otherwise the new guy will get killed an we will be back to where we started
Any new coach/gm has a lot of work to do to fix this mess, give them a year or two to get things sorted, especially the Oline, then draft a quarterback. Haskins will have then had a fair chance to prove his worth, or not
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #298
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,762
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post

I don't understand why people ignore this. His terrible fundamentals have nothing to do with a lack of starts in college. Live snaps in a game are not where a QB works on his footwork. I am pretty sure I could find a 5th grade flag football QB more fundamentally sound as Haskins.
No it doesn't have much to do with mechanics but I'm also talking about experience in general, in all fairness its not like Keenum was setting the world on fire either and he's a seasoned vet. I'm all for drafting Joe Burrow but if you do that he better be the guy for sure.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #299
tsmia4fun
Camp Scrub
 
tsmia4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 23
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Sorry,I'm new to this...so not sure how to put my response in order.lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
tsmia4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #300
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,762
Re: Skins v. Packers Gameday Thread

Anyone notice how much better the pass defense is without Norman?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.17729 seconds with 10 queries