Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Did D. Hall Just Blast Zorn and the Inept Offense?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did D. Hall Just Blast Zorn and the Inept Offense?

These comments are kind of interesting. I'm not quite sure what to make of them quite honestly. Thoughts?

washingtonpost.com

"When you're playing on a team that you're not allowed to make as many mistakes because the score is going to be held a little lower, you've got to concentrate and you got to focus that much more," cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "We can't give up a big play like I did [Sunday]. We can't slip, we can't fall, we can't give up a touchdown because we know that one touchdown could be the one that beats us.

"We definitely got to keep guys out of the end zone. We got to keep them held to field goals. If that's the kind of team and the kind of game plan we're going to be playing in, we as defenders, we have to step it up and we kind of know that."

Advertisements
Old 09-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: Did D. Hall Just Blast Zorn and the Inept Offense?

Yes, he did blast Zorn. However, everything D Hall said was absolutely true. I feel like Zorn is an extension of Gibbs. Not the risk taking offensive minded coach I was hoping for when he signed on after every other coach shunned us.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

I think it's pretty obvious what the players are thinking. Meanwhile Zorn keeps defending his play calling and placing blame on the execution. I hate to say it but unless the offense starts putting up points really soon it won't be long until there's a serious divide in the locker room, and when that happens the season is over.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
FRPLG
MVP

He is exactly right and he said it in a very professional way. If he is going to say something publicly alluding to low scoring that's the way to do it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I agree, good thoughts there by D. Hall. He said it in the absolute right way too.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

I agree. Hall "blasted" Zorn but he did it by being honest and stating the obvious. The offense is horrible, most noteably due to Zorn's horrible game calling, playcalling, and game management skills. As far as i'm concerned, Zorn cannot be fired (or preferably just demoted) soon enough.

This will definitely be the last year he ever serves as a head coach or calls plays. I do think he is what Mike Holmgren knew he was - an excellent QB coach. But that's all he is. He's in way over his head and he's holding the team back.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I agree with everything he said there. If this keeps up there will be a rift in the locker room and when that happens good night ladies and gentleman.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
irish
Playmaker

Looking at most NFL point spreads, it obvious that one TD is huge as the teams are so close to each other one TD is often the difference. I dont think its a slam as much as saying that the D cant give away cheap TD because it can mean the difference between a W or L.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
roth74va
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I agree. Hall "blasted" Zorn but he did it by being honest and stating the obvious. The offense is horrible, most noteably due to Zorn's horrible game calling, playcalling, and game management skills. As far as i'm concerned, Zorn cannot be fired (or preferably just demoted) soon enough.

This will definitely be the last year he ever serves as a head coach or calls plays. I do think he is what Mike Holmgren knew he was - an excellent QB coach. But that's all he is. He's in way over his head and he's holding the team back.
Totally agree, well said!
roth74va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Hall is just making excuses for his shitty play. Everyone knows the offense sucks. But be a leader and not a complainer. Step your game up instead of letting some no name wr beat you like a drum. Hall is starting to show his true colors.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
Longtimefan
Playmaker

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;593452]I agree with everything he said there. If this keeps up there will be a rift in the locker room and when that happens good night ladies and gentleman.[/QUOT

When you don't play well you should not be talking. I respect the fact that Hall steps up, but when everyone else is playing tackle football and you're playing two hand touch, be quiet, get your game together and let it do the talking for you.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
When you don't play well you should not be talking. I respect the fact that Hall steps up, but when everyone else is playing tackle football and you're playing two hand touch, be quiet, get your game together and let it do the talking for you.
It's not like he is mouthing off. He's been taking a lot of responsibility so far. Considering his rep before coming to us it's clear he's trying to show he has changed his tune.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #13
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
It's not like he is mouthing off. He's been taking a lot of responsibility so far. Considering his rep before coming to us it's clear he's trying to show he has changed his tune.
He's definitely not mouthing off or complaining. I know some people love to spin things in the worst light possible, but I just don't see it here.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #14
saden1
MVP

Zorn went for it on 4th down, got them close and the offense couldn't punch it in. That's taking risks. We were 0-5 in the redzone. Zorn can take some of the blame not all the blame.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #15
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Yes. At least he called out himself, too.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote