Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
What makes you say that?
Stop. Don’t take the bait.

U have to be familiar with SS political post

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 07-26-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-26-2021, 07:18 PM   #77
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Stop. Don’t take the bait.

U have to be familiar with SS political post
Not really, I try not to pay much attention to it. I just get a kick out of these keyboard warriors talking shit about others because they happen to have a different opinion, or make different decisions, for reasons they don't have a fucking clue about.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 09:25 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Not really, I try not to pay much attention to it. I just get a kick out of these keyboard warriors talking shit about others because they happen to have a different opinion, or make different decisions, for reasons they don't have a fucking clue about.
Chief normally I tend to agree with your reasonable and level-headed opinions, but if you're gonna say some shit like this at least enlighten us.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:33 PM   #79
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Enlighten you about what exactly?

SS called a large portion of the population a strange bunch, seemingly because he disagrees with their beliefs and/or decisions. I'm saying he has no fucking clue. I don't know if that is enlightening or not.

Like I said, it's funny to see people like him talk shit behind their keyboards about those they disagree with, not knowing their particular rationale for making the decisions they do.

It's all good. Putting large swaths of people into one bucket is the new thing to do I guess. Like those 60,000,000 + deplorables...

Back to football.
Old 07-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #80
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Enlighten you about what exactly?

SS called a large portion of the population a strange bunch, seemingly because he disagrees with their beliefs and/or decisions. I'm saying he has no fucking clue. I don't know if that is enlightening or not.

Like I said, it's funny to see people like him talk shit behind their keyboards about those they disagree with, not knowing their particular rationale for making the decisions they do.

It's all good. Putting large swaths of people into one bucket is the new thing to do I guess. Like those 60,000,000 + deplorables...

Back to football.
I'm saying if he/we don't have a clue, enlighten us.

For me covid in relation to sports - guys will do anything to win - and I mean anything. They would kill people if it enhanced their ability to play football. They will take years off their life leading with their head on every other play. But they won't get a shot? Even when you know without a doubt (it doesn't matter if the vaccine is effective or not) that not getting a vaccine will actively hurt the team and make it tougher for the next season?
Old 07-27-2021, 06:07 AM   #81
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

For me covid in relation to sports - guys will do anything to win - and I mean anything. They would kill people if it enhanced their ability to play football. They will take years off their life leading with their head on every other play. But they won't get a shot? Even when you know without a doubt (it doesn't matter if the vaccine is effective or not) that not getting a vaccine will actively hurt the team and make it tougher for the next season?
Huh? You don't think much of football players if you believe this even remotely true. This is a weird weird comment.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 06:11 AM   #82
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Huh? You don't think much of football players if you believe this even remotely true. This is a weird weird comment.
It's an analogy, quit overreacting . Alls I'm saying is guys will do annnnnnnnnything to gain a competitive advantage.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:11 AM   #83
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
It's an analogy, quit overreacting . Alls I'm saying is guys will do annnnnnnnnything to gain a competitive advantage.
Agreed. Sterois. HGH. Leading with the helmet. Cheap shots. The list goes on.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:22 AM   #84
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Well that is kinda my point. It might not make a lot of sense to you or me, but that's ok. I don't have to understand why DeAndre Hopkins doesn't want to take the vaccine. Not taking the vaccine isn't illegal. It is his choice for his reasons. He doesn't have to explain it to me or anyone else - that's America. Just like Zeke said. "You can't really tell someone what to do with their body". There are a myriad of reasons why people aren't getting the vaccine, and many of the reasons are valid. The picture is not as simple as dudes like SS would like to paint it - just some anti-vax / anti-mask strange bunch going against the grain to piss off the pro-vax / pro-mask crowd with the intent to hurt everyone else around them. That is where the "he doesn't have a clue" part comes in.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #85
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Well that is kinda my point. It might not make a lot of sense to you or me, but that's ok. I don't have to understand why DeAndre Hopkins doesn't want to take the vaccine. Not taking the vaccine isn't illegal. It is his choice for his reasons. He doesn't have to explain it to me or anyone else - that's America. Just like Zeke said. "You can't really tell someone what to do with their body". There are a myriad of reasons why people aren't getting the vaccine, and many of the reasons are valid. The picture is not as simple as dudes like SS would like to paint it - just some anti-vax / anti-mask strange bunch going against the grain to piss off the pro-vax / pro-mask crowd with the intent to hurt everyone else around them. That is where the "he doesn't have a clue" part comes in.
All I will say is this. For the people who have legit medical reasons not to take part - I respect that. For those who have taken their stance because their politicians are COVID-deniers, or they get their news from an entertainment company, or Facebook/social media, or they trust the opinion of anyone except a licensed and professional medical doctor - I do not respect that.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:44 AM   #86
rocnrik
Playmaker

I got tested positive for covid 2 days ago .. I was exposed on July 17 at a music event ( 20 plus people tested positive.. most of them were vaccinated) I did not get vaccine however my wife did ..problem is with this is I didn’t find out I was exposed until I had been around a lot of others .. I started feeling bad on the 9th day after exposure.. last night was rough ( horrible headache, super achy like flu.. however I have no fever , no loss of taste/smell, no breathing issues..)

my mom passed away in January of covid so I know the seriousness first hand .. this thing is far from over and if the country is to ever get back to normal the vax is probably the only way .. however what bothers me is the person I caught it from was vaccinated and had worse symptoms than me ( I’m not out of woods yet) but feeling better today ..

I think we all can agree that politics have a huge impact on the whole Mask / vax deal .. so what happens when a team is 100 % vaccinated and they have a outbreak ? Vaccinated people can still get covid and spread it .. I know this first hand .. so I don’t know the answer . I just know I’m not gonna feel good about large crowds anymore ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:45 AM   #87
SunnySide
Playmaker

Chief .. i really dont care. (not to be rude, im sure it comes off that way)

I do wish we keep the politics out of the sports pages though .. bc it just ends up mirroring the political threads.

Sorry to hear Roc
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #88
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
All I will say is this. For the people who have legit medical reasons not to take part - I respect that. For those who have taken their stance because their politicians are COVID-deniers, or they get their news from an entertainment company, or Facebook/social media, or they trust the opinion of anyone except a licensed and professional medical doctor - I do not respect that.
And that's your right Mooby.

But currently, I'm not sure you can find many politicians that aren't suggesting that you get the vaccine. And news - there is no news anymore. That shit went out the door years ago. It's all opinions anymore. Doesn't matter what channel you are watching.

My take is - listen to your doctor, do your research, evaluate your own situation, and make a decision. Whatever that decision is, I respect that.
Old 07-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #89
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I got tested positive for covid 2 days ago .. I was exposed on July 17 at a music event ( 20 plus people tested positive.. most of them were vaccinated) I did not get vaccine however my wife did ..problem is with this is I didn’t find out I was exposed until I had been around a lot of others .. I started feeling bad on the 9th day after exposure.. last night was rough ( horrible headache, super achy like flu.. however I have no fever , no loss of taste/smell, no breathing issues..)

my mom passed away in January of covid so I know the seriousness first hand .. this thing is far from over and if the country is to ever get back to normal the vax is probably the only way .. however what bothers me is the person I caught it from was vaccinated and had worse symptoms than me ( I’m not out of woods yet) but feeling better today ..

I think we all can agree that politics have a huge impact on the whole Mask / vax deal .. so what happens when a team is 100 % vaccinated and they have a outbreak ? Vaccinated people can still get covid and spread it .. I know this first hand .. so I don’t know the answer . I just know I’m not gonna feel good about large crowds anymore ..
Sorry to hear that Rick, good luck and I hope you get past this soon. I think we're all in agreement that vaccinated people can still get COVID - but the risk of hospitalization and death is very minimal (but not nonexistent). Hoping for the best for you.

Chief - It seems the tide is turning and even conservative politicians are mostly embracing the message now that hospitals are reporting 95-98% of their COVID patients are unvaccinated. Better late than never I suppose. As far as "news" go - well I can only speak for myself and some of my fellow millenials when I say my friends in the same generation don't put any stock into watching or reading opinions from people who get paid to say it on a platform.

My trusted sources are the AP/Reuters, and everything else gets judged on a case-by-case basis. I'm not watching any news channels - if the tv's on it's Comedy Central or sports. And thanks for the respectful conversation - it's nice to be able to discuss these things without getting heated and I don't take it for granted.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #90
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post

Very sorry to hear all that rocnrik, especially losing your Mom. I hope you and your family pull through all this soon my friend.