Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

More Complications: Mike Williams Enters Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 06:20 PM   #16
Sniper 1
Camp Scrub

In my opinion we cannot pass on Sean Taylor. This guy has Ronnie Lott written all over him and would be the best defensive player on the team immediately, including LaVar.
Sniper 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2004, 02:15 AM   #17
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

You know that when the portis/bailey deal gets finalized, we will atleast be more than 60% likely to trade our first rounder for more picks. I'd like to see taylor as a skin as much as all of you guys but I honestly don't see it happening. Plus a lot of what happens depends on how well Snyder and Gibbs woo free agents in the next couple weeks cuz if we fill our needs on the d-line, why would we still use picks on udeze or anyone else on the line? I think Gardner needs to be traded for a 2nd round pick atleast, dropped way too many easy catches the past couple years, and if we trade down in the 10-20 range I say we take Mike or Roy Williams if they are still on the board which according to a lot of experts may happen. Then with our other picks, we try to get a center like J. Grove of Virginia Tech and a cb. I don't what other safeties are in the draft or coming up in the free agency market, does anyone else know? I like Ohalete but he missed a lot of assignments last year and bit on quite a play fakes if I remember correctly so I think we need to upgrade over him. it's too bad spurrier took his boy Jacobs and not drafted a need pick like Mike Doss.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:06 AM   #18
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Once the KNOWN offseason moves are done I feel our offense is more than balanced, with the exception of a center, but every team will have a few weak points. THat's one we definitly need fixed soon, but I can deal with it in the first year of yet another rebuilding type season.

On Defense we need line and secondary help. I feel that we're going to get FA's for both. As much as I'll miss our picks, I see them as luxury since we always do a good job in FA. Taylor is the closest thing to a sure thing in this years draft. I'd draft him with the first and draft best available with tthe 5th!

I'd deal players for other picks, but I wouldn't get rid of Sean Taylor. If he's not there, trade it down. I think our line will have plenty of talent come March 4th.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 12:47 PM   #19
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

The senario will be like this we want to draft a center...

I know every one is like huh? :confused: but its true, so we will trade down alot. I'd love to take Sean Taylor but we won't we'll get alot of picks in the later rounds and solve the hole in the LB positon and Safeties. As for the dline we will go through FA.

Maybe the skins will prove me wrong and take Taylor but I doubt it
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 04:46 PM   #20
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Taylor is hard to pass up, Grove would be great but I think MItchell and Pierce can more than fill our LB hole.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote