WFT v. Packers Good Loss post-game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: WFT v. Packers Good Loss post-game

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah man like I said lambeau should be on every football fans bucket list. And seeing Rodgers there is pretty damn iconic. Happy for ya man! Heard the fans there are super cool - like exact opposite of Eagles fans.

The fans are great there, class acts. I highly recommend going to a game. Not many Skins fans there today, probably the least I’ve seen for a road game (this is the 6th road game I’ve been too for us)

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2021, 05:15 AM   #32
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I blame Heinecken for not knowing when to slide, he does it all the time where he’s always sliding too soon and falls short.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:07 AM   #33
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Watching this team is like chasing the dragon. You never actually catch the dragon.

Sometimes you get close enough to get excited, but you never actually reach your goal.

At least Blewitt didn't blow it though.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:29 AM   #34
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I blame Heinecken for not knowing when to slide, he does it all the time where he’s always sliding too soon and falls short.

"I don’t want to get into specifics, but I felt like I was in there both times," Heinicke told reporters, per ESPN's John Keim. "I don’t want to get fined up here so I'm not going to get into specifics."

Lol. What a tool.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:48 AM   #35
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
"I don’t want to get into specifics, but I felt like I was in there both times," Heinicke told reporters, per ESPN's John Keim. "I don’t want to get fined up here so I'm not going to get into specifics."

Lol. What a tool.
Yeah, should have just said I messed up and moved on. Doesn't matter what you feel, the fact is you could have walked in on the first one and not had any question...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:29 AM   #36
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The fans are great there, class acts. I highly recommend going to a game. Not many Skins fans there today, probably the least I’ve seen for a road game (this is the 6th road game I’ve been too for us)
That team is special even when they are awful. My mom's family is from upper Wisconsin. The Pack was my grandpa's team and we would watch games together. They are so different from being owned by the community and ticket holders to the fun traditions they have. One that I always wanted to do was this: https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2858...ans-bike-ride/

Imagine a favorite team player asking if they could ride your bike to camp?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:00 AM   #37
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Watching this team is like chasing the dragon. You never actually catch the dragon.

Sometimes you get close enough to get excited, but you never actually reach your goal.

At least Blewitt didn't blow it though.
Yep
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:16 AM   #38
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Ok.
You guys know how much I've been down on this team this season.
You guys know I gave them zero chance in this game.

But I actually think they played way better than expected.
Defense bringing quite a lot of pressure, backend holding up long enough for the DL to get there.
Offense actually moving the ball quite well.

You also know how I'm not one to bitch about refereeing especially in a 14 points loss.
But I think the "giving himself up" TH dive was highly questionable. He's diving head first.
And the next play I really don't get how he can be down when he regains possession with a pile of 20 guys underneath him.
That's back to back very weird calls, and at 14-21 it would have been a whole different ball game.

Anyway...

Positives

Payne
Allen
Settle (that blocked FG...)
Sweat
Seal Jones making some nice plays and key blocks

Negatives

Why the effin ass was CY sent in coverage on that 4th and 3 on the first drive ? Stupid playcall at its best...

Collins missing some tackles and allowing some YAC on key downs

For all the talk about the need to play more man coverage, I think we saw some of the downside of it on that early 3rd and long conversion on the ground by Rodgers, and that 3rd TD on Jamin Davis. I actually think that's something that is not nearly as simple as we sometimes want to make it. Like you can't go all zone or all man. Both have perks and lows, and you have to use different coverages in different situations.

McLaurin's drop on 3rd2

Humphries on the INT... freakin tackle the guy! Especially in the NFL where OPI is only 10yards... If you can't make legit play on the ball, just tackle the defender, a 10yards loss is better than a turnover. Kelce did that on Holcomb last week...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #39
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

My good loss narrative is catching on!
If this keeps up we might be the best losers ever.

The difference between good teams and bad teams is good teams can overcome mistakes. When you are a bad team and you make mistakes you have no chance. Yes we can fall back on the “hey if not for a couple plays we win that game” - it is better than getting your ass kicked I suppose, but a good team isn’t buried by a couple mistakes, because it makes up for them on the next set of downs or so. We make a mistake and its “oh crap that was our chance”.

I got a hard time finding improvement in a loss.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #40
MTK
\m/

FFS this team just finds new ways each week to beat down the fan base on and off the field.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:11 AM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
My good loss narrative is catching on!
If this keeps up we might be the best losers ever.

The difference between good teams and bad teams is good teams can overcome mistakes. When you are a bad team and you make mistakes you have no chance. Yes we can fall back on the “hey if not for a couple plays we win that game” - it is better than getting your ass kicked I suppose, but a good team isn’t buried by a couple mistakes, because it makes up for them on the next set of downs or so. We make a mistake and its “oh crap that was our chance”.

I got a hard time finding improvement in a loss.
Bro pointing out improvements in gameplay isnt a “narrative”…yes a loss is a loss. But astute fans of the Warpath brand know football and we can discern dumpfire from good football. Seeing the defense improve is what we have been waiting for…seeing the growth of Davis, the improve play of Collins since his reassignment is kinda what diehards do here.

Yes you are what your record says you are, but seeing better play is welcoming

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:12 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
FFS this team just finds new ways each week to beat down the fan base on and off the field.

We lose to a crappy Denver team and that’s probably the season. Imo the season is over but from an overly optimistic standpoint if we lose to Denver even a wildcard is a far away pipe dream.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #43
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I too am enthusiastic about seeing more of Collins in his new role. Jamin Davis just needs time. But if we can make Collins productive again - maybe we can flip him for a late round pick or something.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:16 AM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Bro pointing out improvements in gameplay isnt a “narrative”…yes a loss is a loss. But astute fans of the Warpath brand know football and we can discern dumpfire from good football. Seeing the defense improve is what we have been waiting for…seeing the growth of Davis, the improve play of Collins since his reassignment is kinda what diehards do here.

Yes you are what your record says you are, but seeing better play is welcoming

My “narrative” was about a post made in the gameday thread which was tongue in cheek. Relax.

But if you wanna consider yourself an astute fan and a diehard and a studied WP talking head than when we play shitty football against the Giants and win on a lucky second chance fg - I dont want to hear a win is a win. If a win is a win, than a loss is a loss. Ya cant have it both ways. If you can find victory in defeat than I can find defeat in victory.

Yes I can find solace in the fact that we didn’t get beat the fuck down, but we beat ourselves when the other team doesn’t. Have seen it for years and years. I pointed out the 2010 team the other day that was 6-10 but in alot of games. It is 11 years later and we haven’t managed to win those games still. That is a major fuckin problem.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:17 AM   #45
MTK
\m/

Sounds like Ron is handing out participation trophies now with this talk of "fight" and "growth". I know it's just coach talk but can anyone really stomach this shit right now?