Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Taylor Effing Heinicke

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Next year Taylor Heinicke will be...
Starting QB for the WFT 15 23.44%
Solid backup for the WFT 32 50.00%
Starter or backup for another team 2 3.13%
I have no clue 15 23.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #151
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29,395
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

To be honest, I think our back up QBs are really solid. I feel Fitz will be fine and could thrive in the offense, but if something happens I feel pretty confident with two high level back ups. Hoping Allen bounces back from serious injury and Heineken can stay healthy and grow even more with reps in camp.

I like our QB situation and itís nice to have to worry about developing a QB or worrying if Alex has another year in himÖIím feeling kinda good.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-03-2021, 09:50 PM   #152
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,606
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Exactly my point, some guys just seem to always be dinged up somehow.

Not saying this latest incident means anything in the long run, but fair or not if he can't manage to stay on the field for whatever reason, he won't be around for long.
Oh definitely availability has been an issue with him. Just saying a bumpy eye in OTA is not something that should be worrying us yet.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #153
Monkeydad
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 42
Posts: 17,460
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
To be honest, I think our back up QBs are really solid. I feel Fitz will be fine and could thrive in the offense, but if something happens I feel pretty confident with two high level back ups. Hoping Allen bounces back from serious injury and Heineken can stay healthy and grow even more with reps in camp.

I like our QB situation and itís nice to have to worry about developing a QB or worrying if Alex has another year in himÖIím feeling kinda good.
Yes. I am confident Heinicke could come into a game and win it. Allen too, maybe slightly less confident but only because Taylor plays pretty fearlessly and takes chances...more like Fitzpatrick's style.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:28 PM   #154
Justafan
Camp Scrub
 
Justafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 1
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yeah, let's hope Fitz balls out, because Heinicke has started three NFL games and was injured in all of them. Add to that his two other (known) injuries that either occurred off the field or in OTAs, and yeah I would consider him injury prone.
I think the only two games he started were against the Bucs and with Carolina against the Falcons. Of course, against the Bucs, he did not miss an offensive series and continued to play at a high level. Against the Falcons, he injured his left elbow when sacked on a play that drew a flag for roughing the passer. They put a brace on it and he returned to the game. I really don't think those two starts justify labeling him as not durable or injury prone. But, hey, just my opinion.
Justafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:42 PM   #155
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,387
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafan View Post
I think the only two games he started were against the Bucs and with Carolina against the Falcons. Of course, against the Bucs, he did not miss an offensive series and continued to play at a high level. Against the Falcons, he injured his left elbow when sacked on a play that drew a flag for roughing the passer. They put a brace on it and he returned to the game. I really don't think those two starts justify labeling him as not durable or injury prone. But, hey, just my opinion.
Two starts, three games - whatever it is. It's not my label, it is just what it is. The dude has consistently found a way to get himself injured. Lucky for him, his last injury with WFT did not result in him being removed from the competition.

Maybe his luck is changing...time will tell - if he is given an opportunity.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #156
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,980
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Heard a presser where RR was talking QBs. Mentioned Ryan and Taylor .. never mentioned Kyle. Grant and Danny spent some time trying to read btw the lines. RR says there is an open comp but only Ryan is getting 1st team reps.

Seems there is a clear QB structure, which I like:

Starter Ryan
QB2 Taylor
QB3 Kyle
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:46 PM   #157
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,541
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Heard a presser where RR was talking QBs. Mentioned Ryan and Taylor .. never mentioned Kyle. Grant and Danny spent some time trying to read btw the lines. RR says there is an open comp but only Ryan is getting 1st team reps.

Seems there is a clear QB structure, which I like:

Starter Ryan
QB2 Taylor
QB3 Kyle
Follow the money.... Kyle is making less than $1mil. Of course heís the QB3.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:38 AM   #158
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 54
Posts: 20,274
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Interesting article on Heinicke's big Stat weakness.
https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/25/was...needs-improve/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 01:28 PM   #159
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,374
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Interesting article on Heinicke's big Stat weakness.
https://riggosrag.com/2021/08/25/was...needs-improve/

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Interesting article. Heinicke playing a lot means this team isn't doing well.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #160
GridIron26
Playmaker
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Age: 33
Posts: 2,758
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

It turns out that Heinicke has a chance to win the QB1 spot even when Fitzpatrick returns from the injury. The big reason is how the team rallies around him, which is really amazing when we know he was a back-up QB.

This is going to be a great story if Heinicke is the QB1 permanently.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:43 AM   #161
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 29,395
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

It would be a great story, why not?

Itís the type of story that rallies a fan base too especially with his type of confident play. His poise in the pocket and willingness to push the football downfield..last person to do that was Cousins.
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #162
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,980
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Heinike can read and throw on time the slants, crosses, dig/stop routes. Seems his most consistent big play pass over 15 yards is the seam.

We need to get him in rythym. Back foot plants, ball is out.

I really want to see some expert breakdown on the Bills pass D. Were there things Heinike passed on? Didnt see and should have?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:58 AM   #163
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,374
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It would be a great story, why not?

Itís the type of story that rallies a fan base too especially with his type of confident play. His poise in the pocket and willingness to push the football downfield..last person to do that was Cousins.
After 20+ years of garbage play only winning can rally this fan base.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:57 PM   #164
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 96,818
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

TH may be 28 but in terms of playing experience at this level he might as well be a rookie. The loss to Buffalo definitely wasn't all on him but he's got a lot to learn.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #165
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,387
Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
TH may be 28 but in terms of playing experience at this level he might as well be a rookie. The loss to Buffalo definitely wasn't all on him but he's got a lot to learn.
It was a bad combination of him being green, and the defense getting steamrolled. He tried to do too much to keep the team in it, which resulted in costly mistakes. He just has to play a little more poised, within the game plan, take what the defense gives him...

That D though... it's the story.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.17445 seconds with 13 queries