WFT 2021 Pre-Season Games Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2021, 12:16 PM   #301
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WFT 2021 Pre-Season Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yeah. It is hard to judge off of last year, but it seemed like the 1st quarter of every game was basically wasted. Can't be that way this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I know we had no quarterback last year, and I know we got young players, etc but I just see a predictable and stubborn offense that caters to what is in his head as opposed to what is on the field. Him, Hopkins, and our o line are my biggest concerns. I know the o line was decent last year, and we definitely addressed it in the off-season but Im concerned about it none the less.
That being said if that team last year can win 7 than this team can win 10.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #302
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: WFT 2021 Pre-Season Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Watch most of the game on my shitty phone so will have to watch again, but, without overreacting to preseason, this game highlighted my biggest concerns about this roster:

-LB depth. You can like Hudson's speed all you want, but we don't have ONE decent traditional back up LB. Not one. All are slow ass mfers.

-Interior OL depth. A part from Schweitzer we don't have one quality interior OL back up. Martin and Larsen and #63 Bensrwrchifllürbweigshteinbergufflorgwhydobackupol inemenalwayshaveeffedupnames seemed to get pushed and tossed around like freakin rag dolls...

Only real positive of the night is AGG making a couple of nice tough catches.
One other positive was our 2nd DL, Bada and the rest did get 2 sacks on LJackson and there was some good cb play when they threw to the right. Whenever they wanted to move they targeted Apke and the chains moved.

CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #303
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Our offense was slow out the gate every game last season. You see the same thing this preseason. Now I know that preseason is a different ball of wax, but so far under Turner we have seen I believe one opening possession TD. Until we see consistent offensive play for 4 quarters he and his playcalling will be my biggest concern.

This is 100% how I feel. I have zero concerns about the defense at this point, other than - how much are they going to be on the field...? It is now 19 out of 20 games now that Turner's offense hasn't even lucked into a first possession TD. It's pitiful. Yeah, we haven't seen C Samuel (also could be concerning), and it's preseason, but the whole body of work since he was brought on as the OC isn't impressive.

The starting offense must be really balling out on the practice field for the staff to feel comfortable with what they (we) have seen from them in the preseason games. They (players/coaches) are all eluding to this when asked about it. I hope it is reality.

Yeah, to me, the offense is concerning.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 12:30 PM   #304
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
What a terrible showing by both sides of the ball.Ravens receivers running wide open all night with defenders not even close,and weren’t much better against the run.Patterson was very disappointing on offense.3rd qtr just started and I cant watch anymore,pitiful,just pitiful.
One thing about Baltimore is they(Harbaugh) care about the preseason. They also use defensive blitz and pressure against unschemed offensive lines. You see it every year, and in last night's game there were times they had all out blitzes all first quarter. For me, it is a bit ridiculous.

Edit: just read Ravens fear Dobbins may have suffered a torn ACL and be out for the season. I get playing the starters, but damn that sucks for Dobbins if true.

Last edited by CRedskinsRule; 08-29-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 01:41 PM   #305
EdmundDorf
The Starter

According to Ron 4 places were up for grabs going into last night, now there are 6. At least two guys may have played themselves off of the roster.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 02:11 PM   #306
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
According to Ron 4 places were up for grabs going into last night, now there are 6. At least two guys may have played themselves off of the roster.

Scott Turner and Hopkins?
Old 08-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #307
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
The other way to look at it is, two players played themselves more into the mix.

AGG and Bada are a couple possibilities.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:33 PM   #308
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Played onto or played off of, different sides of the same coin. Wonder whether Reeves was one, he had a rough night so did Apke. To keep an extra (9) DL they would need to drop a DB, didn't see much of Deandre Carter, maybe AGG or Milne have displaced him.

Think Bada is destined for the PS
Old 08-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #309
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

If Carter had more to prove he would have been on the field.
Old 08-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #310
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
If Carter had more to prove he would have been on the field.
I thought he was, just didn't catch anything, maybe I am mistaken
Old 08-29-2021, 07:02 PM   #311
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
One other positive was our 2nd DL, Bada and the rest did get 2 sacks on LJackson and there was some good cb play when they threw to the right. Whenever they wanted to move they targeted Apke and the chains moved.

True that.
Rewatched the 1st half, CB Darryl Roberts (not to be confused with rookie safety Darrick Forrest) made some nice plays... Don't see how we can keep him though, think he makes it to our practice squad ?

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2021, 08:33 PM   #312
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Our offense was slow out the gate every game last season. You see the same thing this preseason. Now I know that preseason is a different ball of wax, but so far under Turner we have seen I believe one opening possession TD. Until we see consistent offensive play for 4 quarters he and his playcalling will be my biggest concern.

Yup. Its why we are usually playing from behind. I wonder how many first downs we have on opening drives let alone touchdowns.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:44 PM   #313
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yup. Its why we are usually playing from behind. I wonder how many first downs we have on opening drives let alone touchdowns.
My over under for first drive touchdowns is 3.

Old 08-31-2021, 08:39 AM   #314
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
My over under for first drive touchdowns is 3.

I'll say 5
Old 08-31-2021, 09:00 AM   #315
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
This is 100% how I feel. I have zero concerns about the defense at this point, other than - how much are they going to be on the field...? It is now 19 out of 20 games now that Turner's offense hasn't even lucked into a first possession TD. It's pitiful. Yeah, we haven't seen C Samuel (also could be concerning), and it's preseason, but the whole body of work since he was brought on as the OC isn't impressive.

The starting offense must be really balling out on the practice field for the staff to feel comfortable with what they (we) have seen from them in the preseason games. They (players/coaches) are all eluding to this when asked about it. I hope it is reality.

Yeah, to me, the offense is concerning.
Why do so many people care about pre season? I don't get it. If they played and McLaurin twists his knee then everyone would be yelling about why were starters were on the field.

This offense isn't going to light up the scoreboard, no matter how much they play in pre season. My guess is they're going to be up and down just cause where we are at talent wise. It's a middle of the pack group.

As far as Samuel goes, perhaps they don't want him out there for whatever reason. He's a vet and knows how to get himself ready. He doesn't need pre season.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote