Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-12-2021, 10:42 AM   #46
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: WFT Quarterback Thread - Post SEASON 2021

@Chief - I'm not sure anyone 'loves' Fitz, but looking at the list of FA's this year, he's the only one I'd say gives you confidence he can lead an offense to wins (and arguably his 2 best seasons have come in the last 3 years). Maybe Heinicke is the answer, but he's a risk (injury) so we need a vet to start or cover for him. Allen isn't the guy I want for that as he just looks meh, though I don't see another FA that looks better aside from Fitz. At least Fitz/Heinicke would make our offense less one dimensional for now.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-12-2021, 10:53 AM   #47
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
@Chief - I'm not sure anyone 'loves' Fitz, but looking at the list of FA's this year, he's the only one I'd say gives you confidence he can lead an offense to wins (and arguably his 2 best seasons have come in the last 3 years). Maybe Heinicke is the answer, but he's a risk (injury) so we need a vet to start or cover for him. Allen isn't the guy I want for that as he just looks meh, though I don't see another FA that looks better aside from Fitz. At least Fitz/Heinicke would make our offense less one dimensional for now.
Again, he has a losing record (bigly), and he turns the ball over too much.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #48
MTK
\m/

Guys like Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, etc. all good guys if you want to go 8-8 or 9-7. Might as well ride with Allen and Heinicke.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #49
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Guys like Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Dalton, etc. all good guys if you want to go 8-8 or 9-7. Might as well ride with Allen and Heinicke.
Yeah no thanks
Old 01-12-2021, 11:14 AM   #50
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Well, assuming Alex retires, if RR can find a way to pluck Watson or Stafford away, or even lure Dak - that's obviously going to be best for your QB situation (over Tyrod, Fitz, Dalton, etc). If they can do that and still find a way to fill out the other glaring holes on the team, then go for it. If not - I'm not a fan. You can get elite QB play and still suck if the rest of your team is sub-par (see Houston). While this team has a great D line, it's the only great position group. Lotta holes to fill still.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We're all over the map here on preferences for the QB situation.

1. Trade for Stafford, Heinicke as backup, Montez as practice squad
2. Sit at 19 and take the best QB available (if one of the top 5 falls to us), Heinicke as possible starter if rookie is not ready yet, Montez as practice squad
3. Heinicke as starter, bring back Kyle Allen to back him up, draft development QB later in the draft, Montez on practice squad if there is room

Those would be my preferences in order.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:58 AM   #52
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
With DAK coming back, the Cowboys offense is legit and with a couple of moves on defense (including getting their guys healthy) they will be much improved . . . same for Philly, they had a ton of injuries this year, but with improved QB play and getting some guys back healthy they could also be much improved . . . the Giants also have some pieces in place and should be getting healthier as well, if they shore up their o-line they'd be dangerous too . . . So we need to improve, especially at QB, WR and LB if we want to keep on top of the division. Mark my words, the NFC EAST will be vastly better next year.
We should have an NFCE offseason thread .. but Im waiting to see what the cap is for 2021, minimum is 175M but could be anywhere form there to 195M.

Cowboys - that O line is not what it used to be. C Frederick is retired, Lt Smith had season ending neck surgery and hes not what he used to be, G martin is still a stud at 30 but went on IR this year.

Zeke, D Law and Jaylon Smith are vastly overpaid. Vander Esch cant stay healthy and their D starters and depth are below average.

Eagles - old as hell with few young guys to replace them. Fletcher Cox, Kelce, Ertz are gone or old.

I feel good about those 2 teams.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:02 PM   #53
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

2. Sit at 19 and take the best QB available (if one of the top 5 falls to us), Heinicke as possible starter if rookie is not ready yet, Montez as practice squad
3. Heinicke as starter, bring back Kyle Allen to back him up, draft development QB later in the draft, Montez on practice squad if there is room

yeah thats where Im at as well. If you cant get a clear upgrade in FA/reasonable trade, then see if a Mac Jones or Trey Lance drops to 19, if none of those two .. then roll with a Heinike/Allen/affordable FA type (fitz/tyrod taylor/jimmy G) and basically repeat 2020.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #54
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

We are, yes. However, I trust that RR is not. I'm sure he has a plan that he will communicate to DS, and he will be given his blessing to implement that plan accordingly. We'll just have to wait and see what that plan is.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:08 PM   #55
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm gonna watch Trey Lance highlights tonight. I think he is our most reasonable option at 19. I think Mac Jones will jump him in the order of how they're drafted. Which I think I would prefer for us, based on Lance's running ability.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #56
GridIron26
Playmaker

If I'm the coach for the team, this would be my plan for the QB position:

1. Resign Heinicke and Allen
2. Check in with Texans to see if Watson is available for a trade. If so, it depends on what Texans want but I would be tempted to give up a farm for him.
3. Check in with Lions to see what it would take to get Stafford. This is probably the best option at this point since the WFT have multiple needs all over the team, and we would give up much less for Stafford than we would for Watson.
3. If the #2 and #3 options don't work out, I would establish a open QB competition between Heinicke, Allen and a rookie QB.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
If I'm the coach for the team, this would be my plan for the QB position:

1. Resign Heinicke and Allen
2. Check in with Texans to see if Watson is available for a trade. If so, it depends on what Texans want but I would be tempted to give up a farm for him.
3. Check in with Lions to see what it would take to get Stafford. This is probably the best option at this point since the WFT have multiple needs all over the team, and we would give up much less for Stafford than we would for Watson.
3. If the #2 and #3 options don't work out, I would establish a open QB competition between Heinicke, Allen and a rookie QB.
I am with u on these, I don't see Ron playing a rookie QB next yr.. Unless it was TLAW and that ain't happening.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #58
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Mac Jones is going to be very interesting. In most mock drafts I see he is going in the 1st or 2nd round. But on a lot of prospects rankings he is graded as a 3rd+ rounder. Pretty far off. I think he could fall to 19 but definitely isn't making it to 51.

Wonder if we can possibly have another Montez Sweat situation where we trade back up into the end of the 1st if he's still available. Lose a pick but gain another year of control.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:40 PM   #59
Ohioskins
Special Teams

After the Championship game, Jones is not going to fallout of the first round.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #60
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I am with u on these, I don't see Ron playing a rookie QB next yr.. Unless it was TLAW and that ain't happening.
Yeah I agree
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote