Broncos @ Skins GameDay Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #136
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Broncos @ Skins GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
This worries me a bit, last season he brought a new dynamic to this D. It's pre season, but we have a young and exciting DB squad, so I don't like the defacto leader of our secondary playing sloppy...
DJ has not looked good. As a group, our DB's and LB's have missed a lot of tackles this preseason. A couple of times, they were just plain run over in the hole. That's a bit worrisome.

Also, our OL reserves have looked like pure trash. I truly feared a serious injury to Colt McCoy behind that group. At least, we know that Nseke can play. It is also a near certainty that they'll keep the rookie tackle even though he has a long way to go. Beyond that, I won't miss anyone they decide to cut. I'm hoping we'll pick up a decent, experienced interior OL when teams make their final roster cuts.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-26-2018, 07:47 AM   #137
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
DJ has not looked good. As a group, our DB's and LB's have missed a lot of tackles this preseason. A couple of times, they were just plain run over in the hole. That's a bit worrisome.

Also, our OL reserves have looked like pure trash. I truly feared a serious injury to Colt McCoy behind that group. At least, we know that Nseke can play. It is also a near certainty that they'll keep the rookie tackle even though he has a long way to go. Beyond that, I won't miss anyone they decide to cut. I'm hoping we'll pick up a decent, experienced interior OL when teams make their final roster cuts.
OL depth is an issue. I've watched a bit of Jordan Mailata during the preseason, he's raw, but man his physical abilities make up for it big time! He also seems to be putting in a lot of work: he started learning the rudiments of football a few months ago and he already has a solid kick step!

We've shown interest in him, so while the Eagles are more and more likely to keep him in the 53, if they don't I hope we keep him up! He's learning to play tackle but he's a freak of nature so I guess you could line him up anywhere...

In any case I do hope our FO is watching tape on back ups OL...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #138
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The plan is to win now, so i think a player who is raw is not the answer for us on the OL. I'm talking about picking up a proven veteran to backup the Center and Guard positions.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #139
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
The plan is to win now, so i think a player who is raw is not the answer for us on the OL. I'm talking about picking up a proven veteran to backup the Center and Guard positions.
We clearly need that. Just saying, if he's available, I'd take the chance. Anyway apart from the starters and Nsekhe I don't know who we want to keep in that squad...
So we can cut and then sign several back up Olinemen. Right now watching tape I'd take Mailata over Geron Christian.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 08-26-2018 at 11:23 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #140
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
a solid LG please!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote