Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

How Republican(Democratic) are you

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-02-2019, 08:35 PM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

How Republican(Democratic) are you

So this thread is mainly for G1's sake.
I tried a couple online quizzes for political affiliation, and mostly they seem pretty obvious, but if anyone feels like wasting some time on this 4th of July week here they are. I showed my results where they could be copied easily:
https://brainfall.com/quizzes/how-de...lican-are-you/
Quote:
You lean to the right-wing of the political spectrum, but you are a conservative who understands the benefits of compromise, and you know how to reach across the aisle to make progress. You believe in limited government, low-taxes, and a strong military... but when it comes to social issues, your views might not align with the Party.
http://chartsme.com/
this one is interesting because it doesn't ask political questions. It also got me wrong,
Quote:
Your brain is a Democrat
Conservative (43%)
Liberal (57%)

Feel free to find other quizzes - there are tons out there, and please G1 Share your results!!!

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: How Republican(Democratic) are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I tried a couple online quizzes for political affiliation, and mostly they seem pretty obvious, but if anyone feels like wasting some time on this 4th of July week here they are. I showed my results where they could be copied easily:

this one is interesting because it doesn't ask political questions. It also got me wrong,

Feel free to find other quizzes - there are tons out there, and please G1 Share your results!!!

WOW , so it's ok for you but not for me ???
Old 07-02-2019, 09:03 PM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

This is a safe-space, no judgement thread. Share results if you want to.

G1, don't be so brash. Everything is ok. You can be yourself in here, we all love you.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:07 PM   #4
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
WOW , so it's ok for you but not for me ???
I think the chartme one is actually way off, but it was the only one that didn't ask standard political type questions. They also note that it may be skewed by people who have worked in jobs that may make others squeamish. As a military policeman I had a few things that may have overall skewed my answers against their hypothesis that Republicans generally have more "disgusted by" moments.

I did think the first one was a fairly good statement of my political leanings.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Did you read the questions??? If that isn't a bias quiz then nothing is!
Old 07-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #6
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
This is a safe-space, no judgement thread. Share results if you want to.

G1, don't be so brash. Everything is ok. You can be yourself in here, we all love you.

I'm fine ,I don't need to defend my political believes ,...........as trumpettes do.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

typically non-responsive. You are the one who proclaims often that you are republican while citing liberal sources like HuffPost and attacking conservative outlets.

What's odd is I think everyone on here is fairly up front and realistic with their political identity, whether liberal - mooby and matty, or conservative, or trumpettes as you call chico and me, except you.

I didn't make this asking you to defend your beliefs, rather take a few for fun quizzes and see what shakes out.

As for the quizzes having bias, like i said there are literally hundreds of them so find a few you like and post them here along with these two.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #8
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

You are 25% Democrat and 75% Republican, you are a Moderate Conservative!

That seems like an odd result. I rarely agree with Democrats.

I will take the second one listed.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:00 AM   #9
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

The second test was a joke:

Conservative (44%)
Liberal (56%)

Some of the questions to me needed more choices. I don't like milk or chocolate.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:34 AM   #10
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I did your first quiz Cred, it shouldn't take much to figure out what I got.

85/15 Dem.

Quote:
Your views align with the major positions of the Democratic Party, and chances are you will be voting "D" straight down the ticket come November! You believe progressive change is needed to restore power to the middle class, and voice your concern for the less fortunate. You care about people, and it shows!
This shouldn't be judged as the end all/be all position though, some of the questions I didn't like the options. Like the gun one, I don't think asking for loopholes to be closed and tougher background checks is unreasonable, but that's not an option so I picked banning assault weapons.

And the wall one, well let's see. A wall would be good at stopping illegal aliens crossing the border on foot, but that's about it. It would do nothing to stop people who overstay their visas, it would do nothing to stop bulk drug shipments arriving via truck, train, plane, boat, etc. Which I guess is fine if you only care about seeing less latinos in your daily environment, but it isn't much good for anything else.

And my final complaint is there needs to be an option for those of us who aren't educated enough on certain subjects to skip the question. I don't like speaking about subjects I know nothing about. They don't give you that option on several questions.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

85/15 Dem.

This shouldn't be judged as the end all/be all position though, some of the questions I didn't like the options. Like the gun one, I don't think asking for loopholes to be closed and tougher background checks is unreasonable, but that's not an option so I picked banning assault weapons.

And the wall one, well let's see. A wall would be good at stopping illegal aliens crossing the border on foot, but that's about it. It would do nothing to stop people who overstay their visas, it would do nothing to stop bulk drug shipments arriving via truck, train, plane, boat, etc. Which I guess is fine if you only care about seeing less latinos in your daily environment, but it isn't much good for anything else.

And my final complaint is there needs to be an option for those of us who aren't educated enough on certain subjects to skip the question. I don't like speaking about subjects I know nothing about. They don't give you that option on several questions.
I agree the answers could have been a lot more nuanced, or some ability to give a strength of agree or disagree to your answers.

Also some skip or not sure would have been useful .

Finally a few seemed like they should have been multiple choice, or better, ranking the options. Like your comment on the wall question, no one answer was the end all solution, but how you rank them would be more predicative of where you fall politically.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
typically non-responsive. You are the one who proclaims often that you are republican while citing liberal sources like HuffPost and attacking conservative outlets.

What's odd is I think everyone on here is fairly up front and realistic with their political identity, whether liberal - mooby and matty, or conservative, or trumpettes as you call chico and me, except you.

I didn't make this asking you to defend your beliefs, rather take a few for fun quizzes and see what shakes out.

As for the quizzes having bias, like i said there are literally hundreds of them so find a few you like and post them here along with these two.
The fact that you think there is a quiz that can prove you're one way or the other says alot about your mind set. You and chico are just going to have to live with the fact that there are republicans out there that think trump is a effing asswipe and that he and his followers are wrecking the country.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

85/15 Dem.

Both tests are a joke and as you say steer you in directions with limited answers and making you choose one that you don't agree with.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #14
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The fact that you think there is a quiz that can prove you're one way or the other says alot about your mind set. You and chico are just going to have to live with the fact that there are republicans out there that think trump is a effing asswipe and that he and his followers are wrecking the country.
The tariff's are the ones that got me, they created havoc. They did not work as intended when it came to steel and aluminum raw materials. Even though not subject to tariffs the suppliers raised their prices on USA sourced materials. The mills charged the wholesalers more and the wholesalers added extra markups on top of that.

Some items went up 50% over night, it was like places were just were trying to find the tipping point of what they could get away with. Of course they all blamed tariffs. Material salesman made up all kinds of crazy lies to try to justify the absurd price increases.

The big annoyance to me was when bidding on a job you could no longer make an assumption on metal prices or availability. Instead of just assuming 300 pounds of 2" round aluminum will be about $2.50 per pound and they will have plenty on the shelf I have to call or e-mail for price and delivery. Of course I am not the only on that now wants pricing in writing on everything so the sales offices are swamped with requests. Sales haven't increased just paperwork so the companies aren't going to add staff.

A quote for metals that used to take minutes now can take over 24 hours, total PITA. Trump just seems to throw crap on the walls and see what sticks. As much as he disgusts me I will take him over Hillary Clinton. At least with Trump all his warts are out in the open for all to see. Hillary is like a poisonous snake in the grass. She wants money and power and would eat her grandchildren to get it.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
The tariff's are the ones that got me, they created havoc. They did not work as intended when it came to steel and aluminum raw materials. Even though not subject to tariffs the suppliers raised their prices on USA sourced materials. The mills charged the wholesalers more and the wholesalers added extra markups on top of that.

Some items went up 50% over night, it was like places were just were trying to find the tipping point of what they could get away with. Of course they all blamed tariffs. Material salesman made up all kinds of crazy lies to try to justify the absurd price increases.

The big annoyance to me was when bidding on a job you could no longer make an assumption on metal prices or availability. Instead of just assuming 300 pounds of 2" round aluminum will be about $2.50 per pound and they will have plenty on the shelf I have to call or e-mail for price and delivery. Of course I am not the only on that now wants pricing in writing on everything so the sales offices are swamped with requests. Sales haven't increased just paperwork so the companies aren't going to add staff.

A quote for metals that used to take minutes now can take over 24 hours, total PITA. Trump just seems to throw crap on the walls and see what sticks. As much as he disgusts me I will take him over Hillary Clinton. At least with Trump all his warts are out in the open for all to see. Hillary is like a poisonous snake in the grass. She wants money and power and would eat her grandchildren to get it.
I guess you can see that my beef is with the hit the Farmers took,they struggle as it is now and he pulls this shit . He was going to save coal and that hasn't happen yet and ..........the Vets, while I admit it's not trumps fault at the VA he has done what all the others have done ..talked alot and done very little.