Dallass Postgame Version 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Dallass Postgame Version 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Landon Collins (who played very well today) is most likely lost due to an Achilles rupture per Keim.
And I bet they sign Eric Reid.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #32
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Different questions (just for fun):

- Do you try to see if Dallas will bite on Haskins for a 2nd? I mean, it would suck if he turned out to be amazing, but....

- Do you sign Eric Reid at this point or go with what you have at safety?
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:50 PM   #33
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Nothing does. He just seems to wasted on that team.

What would he be on this team? Lol. I am assuming you mean what would it take for us to get him from the Texans.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:54 PM   #34
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What would he be on this team? Lol. I am assuming you mean what would it take for us to get him from the Texans.
That is what I mean. I think this team COULD be good next year. WE have some good pieces and some money to spend next offseason.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:56 PM   #35
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
Different questions (just for fun):

- Do you try to see if Dallas will bite on Haskins for a 2nd? I mean, it would suck if he turned out to be amazing, but....

- Do you sign Eric Reid at this point or go with what you have at safety?

You could try and see if any team ever would trade a 2nd for Crapkins ....they wont.

Sure but it will probably make a minimal difference. Guy should definitely be on a roster, but isn’t that good. He is like Collins - good run stopper. Lost in coverage.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #36
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://twitter.com/11w/status/1320481840575188992?s=21

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #37
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Love that guy.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #38
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
And I bet they sign Eric Reid.
For what? To come in and start on two weeks notice? DeShazor Everett has played solid in Collins' absence, it would be an insult to every depth player on this roster if Rivera did that. They might bring a guy up from the practice squad or sign Reid to be a backup but no way they bring in a guy off the street as a starter (which Reid probably wants to be).

For two weeks life is good. Good game today, no complaints, and I feel like Hopkins deserves the benefit of the doubt for his kicking woes as he's normally serviceable. Hope they all enjoy the bye week and come back ready to beat the Giants ass in two weeks.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #39
Number44
Special Teams

To think, had the officials called the Giants' illegal contact penalty on the 2-point conversion, we might well have three wins with the tie breaker vs. all three division opponents.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #40
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
For what? To come in and start on two weeks notice? DeShazor Everett has played solid in Collins' absence, it would be an insult to every depth player on this roster if Rivera did that. They might bring a guy up from the practice squad or sign Reid to be a backup but no way they bring in a guy off the street as a starter (which Reid probably wants to be).

For two weeks life is good. Good game today, no complaints, and I feel like Hopkins deserves the benefit of the doubt for his kicking woes as he's normally serviceable. Hope they all enjoy the bye week and come back ready to beat the Giants ass in two weeks.
Because he played well for Rivera last year in Carolina. I would prefer they promote Jeremy Reaves from the PS.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #41
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Holcomb balled out. Gibson and mclaurin balled out. Im not gonna get upset about draft position because we have so many holes and a 1st round talent at any of those positions will be great. I still want us to win. I cant condition that out of my system. We played the best 60 minutes we have in a while.
I hate the Bostic hit. Anyone who does that should be suspended, imo.
It was a good game. I wasnt expecting that, honeslty...but i love seeing us win. Allen looks like he can be a competent qb if he can cut the turnovers out. He made some really great throws in traffic. Took sacks where he needed to, and wasn't the cause of turnovers. I knownhes not a world beater....but with more play time in a system he knows, he could hold us over if we don't get "that" guy in the draft. Theres a lot to like about this game today. I like winning, damn the draft....esp in a Dallas week.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:10 PM   #42
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Holcomb balled out. Gibson and mclaurin balled out. Im not gonna get upset about draft position because we have so many holes and a 1st round talent at any of those positions will be great. I still want us to win. I cant condition that out of my system. We played the best 60 minutes we have in a while.

It was a good game. I wasnt expecting that, honeslty...but i love seeing us win. Allen looks like he can be a competent qb if he can cut the turnovers out. He made some really great throws in traffic. Took sacks where he needed to, and wasn't the cause of turnovers. I knownhes not a world beater....but with more play time in a system he knows, he could hold us over if we don't get "that" guy in the draft. Theres a lot to like about this game today. I like winning, damn the draft....esp in a Dallas week.
Yep all great points.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #43
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
DeShazor has been playing alongside Collins, taking over Apke’s spot. With Collins out it’s either Curl or Apke playing back there.

I wouldn’t mind bringing in Reid but based off our lack of FA moves this year I doubt they do so.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
Agreed.

This draft nonsense - the two best young qb's in the NFL today (Mahomes and Russell Wilson) were drafted with the 10th overall pick and in the 3rd round. With 2 wins we're already out of the TL sweepstakes anyways and he might stay in school if the Jets get the first overall pick. If Kyle Allen isn't the guy (and we know he might not be, and we know we won't have an opportunity to take the guy we want in the draft) go get another stopgap qb in FA to hold down the fort until we get a long term solution. Can't holdup 52 guys for 1 guy like Ron said.

On the Bostic hit, that was hella dirty and he deserves everything he gets. But I have yet to see a pattern with Bostic the way everyone saw it with Vontaze Burfict so I don't think he needs to be cut. Just accept the suspension and be better next time. Because if there is a next time, he no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:21 PM   #45
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
DeShazor has been playing alongside Collins, taking over Apke’s spot. With Collins out it’s either Curl or Apke playing back there.

I wouldn’t mind bringing in Reid but based off our lack of FA moves this year I doubt they do so.
I thought Everett was SS? You are right, forgot that Apke got benched last week. I'd still let Curl prove himself before signing someone to start though.