Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #76
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

For those saying they don't believe Dan really cares about how things are going, just remember...we know he at least tried to replace Manusky and possibly Gruden in the offseason...we just don't know to what extent and/if Allen was involved with any of that. While I like the idea of bringing in Gibbs to help with the replacement of Allen, if we are so lucky for that to actually happen, I don't think Gibbs would do it or should really be the one to, and maybe someone like Tony Dungy would be a better choice to help guide Snyder through the transition. Dungy is well respected, still plugged into the league, and if nothing else would provide some damage control and send a message to the league that..."hey I'm trying here to put things on the right path"...just a thought.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-30-2019, 10:32 AM   #77
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
For those saying they don't believe Dan really cares about how things are going, just remember...we know he at least tried to replace Manusky and possibly Gruden in the offseason...we just don't know to what extent and/if Allen was involved with any of that. While I like the idea of bringing in Gibbs to help with the replacement of Allen, if we are so lucky for that to actually happen, I don't think Gibbs would do it or should really be the one to, and maybe someone like Tony Dungy would be a better choice to help guide Snyder through the transition. Dungy is well respected, still plugged into the league, and if nothing else would provide some damage control and send a message to the league that..."hey I'm trying here to put things on the right path"...just a thought.
If Snyder really "tried" to fire Gruden, he would be fired. The owner of the team can do that. I agree on Gibbs, but I don't think much of Dungy. Honestly, unless Dan changes [not likely] it isn't going to matter who takes Allen or Gruden's place.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #78
SunnySide
Playmaker

I agree with everything Craig Hoffman is saying here. Real good read, scathing assessment of the Skins current position and bleak alternatives going forward.

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...re-to-be-found
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #79
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I just can't see how Synder justifies having this piece of shit running his franchise.

The only answer that seems plausible is that he is an even bigger piece of shit and uses Bruce as a shield. Bruce ruins everything he touches, so it clearly has nothing to do with football business acumen.

Bruce = 💩💩💩💩💩

Dan = 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #80
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I agree with everything Craig Hoffman is saying here. Real good read, scathing assessment of the Skins current position and bleak alternatives going forward.

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-...re-to-be-found
Thanks for the link. Hoffman basically says the Skins have no plan, try to split hairs, and do things on the fly. Sad.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:37 PM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Thanks for the link. Hoffman basically says the Skins have no plan, try to split hairs, and do things on the fly. Sad.
Andy Reid twice have suckered Bruce and Dan into taking past prime QB in extremely knee jerk trades. Not once, but twice. And both times didnt consult coaches and both weren't scheme fits for the particular offenses. On the fly franchise setting-back decisions...

Dan has never changed, he's never learned a fuckin thing in this business

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #82
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We are at an all time low folks, this could be the worst season in skins history
Old 09-30-2019, 12:45 PM   #83
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Andy Reid twice have suckered Bruce and Dan into taking past prime QB in extremely knee jerk trades. Not once, but twice. And both times didnt consult coaches and both weren't scheme fits for the particular offenses. On the fly franchise setting-back decisions...

He enjoys playing GM more than he wants to win.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:54 PM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

They should just put a concrete sarcophagus over Fed Ex field and leave it as a monument to Snyder Redskins Chernobyl-like disgrace of a franchise. I swear, I cant believe after 20 year this piece of shit has destroyed my team.

the next hurricane that forms, I want to put Snyder on his yacht and sail that bitch right into it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Hes done it again with Haskins. The next HC is walking into a pre-arranged marriage with Haskins.

Already our new GM and HC search is compromised.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #86
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Pierre Garcon weighs in on Twitter:

Pierre Garçon

Verified account

@PierreGarcon
4h 4 hours ago

Is it too early to talk about new potential head coaches? Asking for a friend and alums of the Redskins

___
Send him our way Pierre!!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Hes done it again with Haskins. The next HC is walking into a pre-arranged marriage with Haskins.

Already our new GM and HC search is compromised.
This is true. The next HC is going to have to publicly commit into making Haskins a franchise qb.

If I'm Dan Snyder here's my plan:

1. fire Bruce Allen, and probably Doug Williams by extension.

Interview for GM/Team President. Open it to everybody willing to work for Dan. Your Team President will be Dan's handler for football ops, and most likely final power for making major football decisions. The GM should be hands-off when it comes to building the coaching staff, GM hires the HC and the HC hires the entire coaching staff.

Team President/GM/HC all in one - not preferred

Team President/GM -> HC

Team President -> GM -> HC

Kyle Smith deserves an interview for GM, but obviously he's too young to be Team Prez and GM.

Same thing with O'Connell for HC, even though I'm not sold on him after the underwhelming start to the season. It's easy to lay the blame on Gruden for how we're playing but O'Connell surely has some responsibility for it too.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:57 PM   #88
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If Snyder really "tried" to fire Gruden, he would be fired. The owner of the team can do that. I agree on Gibbs, but I don't think much of Dungy. Honestly, unless Dan changes [not likely] it isn't going to matter who takes Allen or Gruden's place.

I think Gibbs might be the only person who can talk Snyder into firing Bruce.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:03 PM   #89
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Skip
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:07 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Exactly. That is the real 500 lb turd in the room. I mean how many times do we have to see it, and the more time goes by, and the more we showcase our ineptitude the less of a chance a ringer arrives in Washington. He has our fandom by the nuts in a vulcan death grip, and we are powerless. He literally has ruined what used to be a really fun part of my life.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote