Confirmed: Bruce Allen has been fired

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #76
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Confirmed: Bruce Allen has been fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I seriously think Grant has a poster above his bed of McVay, Cousins and Kyle.
and himself.

The GM building around Haskins should be a team goal at this point and would be for any team in the same position. And I think Ron realizes this as well given his interest in the position.

Grant is just trying to cook up drama. We should probably give a lil credit for Dan being decisive in firing Bruce and moving quickly to secure interview with top HC prospect.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #77
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I ain't saying this is the right move but with our history of the last 3-4 years it's hard to disagree with.
In some ways, I feel bad for the guy because our facilities and equipment have always been criticized as poor, old and lacking.

I hope Rivera and the head trainer he brings in takes one look around, makes a grocery list, hands it to Snyder and Snyder gets every last item.

We need better facilities. We need more money spent on pro and college scouting.

Dan spend some of that damn money. And not just on payroll or a new head coach but on things that dont get media and PR attention. The stuff that is equally important to a winning culture and organization.

-----------------------------------
Former defensive back Will Blackmon played for Green Bay, Seattle and the New York Giants, in addition to the Redskins (2015 and 2016). While he was with the Packers, Blackmon said he never saw the executive offices. In Seattle, he said execs worked on a higher floor than where players practice and train. And Blackmon said he doesn't even know where the Giants' executive offices are located.

At Redskins Park, Blackmon knew where to find the executives. That's because, unlike many other teams, the Redskins are housed in a mom-and-pop-type shop, a 27-year-old facility packed with offices where secrets rarely remain so.

The executive and coaches offices are on the same floor, separated by a lobby area. The players are often in that area -- going in and out of meetings -- because of the tight layout. Redskins Park predates Snyder's ownership, but ownership renovated the facility in 2013 -- thanks to a $4 million grant from the state of Virginia -- and added numerous offices and employees.

While that renovation made it newer inside, it has also cramped the main level.

The office and training facilities at Redskins Park comprise 121,000 square feet, according to Redskins.com. By comparison, the new Minnesota Vikings' state-of-the-art TCO Performance Center has 277,000 square feet for offices and training facilities, per Vikings.com. For comparison, the Vikings' previous facility, Winter Park, had 138,000 square feet -- still larger than a renovated Redskins Park.

"[Redskins Park] is so small quarters that you run into everybody all the time. It was tough because everything always got out," said Blackmon, who added he had no issues with Allen. "There were always rumors and so many stories and it's exhausting. It's like we're on Capitol Hill when it comes to politics."

Too many issues reach the locker room. There are plenty of stories describing a divide between the coaches and the front office or a coach sharing his thoughts on a player to his teammate.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...uce-allen-next
Old 12-30-2019, 04:47 PM   #78
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
In some ways, I feel bad for the guy because our facilities and equipment have always been criticized as poor, old and lacking.

I hope Rivera and the head trainer he brings in takes one look around, makes a grocery list, hands it to Snyder and Snyder gets every last item.

We need better facilities. We need more money spent on pro and college scouting.

Dan spend some of that damn money. And not just on payroll or a new head coach but on things that dont get media and PR attention. The stuff that is equally important to a winning culture and organization.
+1

It has always boggled my mind that an owner like Dan who's willing to spend as much as it takes for a player won't build a new practice facility. It's a general consensus that the Redskins have one of the worst facilities in the league.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:51 PM   #79
SunnySide
Playmaker

They just got god damn hyperbaric chambers last year? I would bet the bengals are the only team without them.

The god damn bengals.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #80
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Why would you want to get rid of an up and coming eye for talent like Kyle Smith who has proven the last 2 years that he knows what he’s doing. That would be seriously stupid.

Exactly. The guy had an awesome 2019 draft. Almost a dozen rookie STARTERS from the draft and UDFA. His THIRD ROUND pick almost was Rookie of the Year. That’s huge!

If he wasn’t on this team, other organizations would be thinking about him as a GM. Because he’s attached to this franchise, everyone thinks he sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #81
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Exactly. The guy had an awesome 2019 draft. Almost a dozen rookie STARTERS from the draft and UDFA.

McLaurin is the only draftee that I feel confident saying will be a starter 3 years from now.

Haskins and Sweat are question marks. Haskins had imo 1 good half of football and that was against the Giants. Sweat had one good game, yesterday. The rest of the guys are very much question marks. I like the promise of Harmon, Sims, Sims jr, Martin but those guys should not be considered starters next year.

2018 draft - Payne was taken 13th overall and I like him and I think he brings a lot that doesnt show up on stat sheets but has he played above a 13th overall level? Has he played better than Derwin James (injured this year)?

Did Smith want Payne OVER Derwin James? When we had a huge need at S but just took a similar IDL in Allen 17th overall the year before?

2018 draft you have Settle, SDH, Apke, Geron Christian, Stroman = who knows if any of these guys will be on the roster 2-3 years from now.

-----------------------

Im encouraged by the young guys but I feel like looking at it objectively ..... Im over valuing our young players. Imaging the best case scenario for all of them playing out.

And I want to keep Kyle Smith. 100%

But I also want to pump the brakes on over hyping the last few drafts.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:28 PM   #82
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Did you watch Sweat yesterday? Settle is a stud and could be starting on another team, Harmon, McLaurin and Sims will be starting next year and be more productive, same goes for Haskins. Martin proofed he can play also, what is it that you are not seeing!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #83
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Boy if that article doesn't paint a depressing picture of life inside Redskins Park. Why does the concept of building a new practice facility seem so foreign to Danny?
Old 12-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #84
Warthog
The Starter

Other teams, like the Vikings, get huge grants for practice facilities and stadiums FROM TAX PAYERS! $4 mill from VA is chump change.

Snyder obviously doesn’t like to spend money on things he doesn’t see on the field. He’ll thrown $100 mill at an ultimate loser FA player like Hainesworth, but cheaps out on scouting and practice facilities. I mean the training camp field doesn’t even have stadium seats -you just sit on a grass hill! Even HIGH SCHOOL teams have stadium seating.

Another Snyder trait that must change to be competitive.

Flyboy.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #85
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Trents situation was always about money and wanting a new multi-year contract with more guaranteed money. All the drama aside, Trent Williams is old, injury prone, and one drug test away from a 1 year suspension. He’s not the type of player you bring back at the kind of money he’ll demand. He’s the kind of guy you trade to clear cap space and get draft picks to improve your teams future.

Our offensive line did just fine without Trent Williams this year. Well do fine without him next year. If we bring him back, I’ll have lost any confidence in the new front office.

Count me among the few who could care less if Trent comes back. He was already on his last legs before the holdout. He was still playing well, but the injuries were piling up. Jay even said at one point over the last couple of seasons that Trent had a degenerative knee condition and would one day need a replacement. Trent made his bed and he needs to lay in it now. I agree with all of your points, we need to move on beyond Trent
Old 12-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #86
Warthog
The Starter

I wouldn’t say our OL was “fine”. We were 22 in rushing even with strong performances by Guice and AP. Whoever was QB was under strong pass rush pressure for most of the games.

Moses sucked and had an unbelievable amount of penalties.

Scherff may go elsewhere.

Martin looked good to the end of the season.

Flowers did surprisingly well but needs to be resigned.

Penns is freakin’ old. How much gas does he have left?

Throwing away Trent Williams is the easy choice, but he had some real problems with BA and the medical staff. Both are gone due to poor performance, so maybe he was right!!.

Get a couple years of top OT performance from TW while getting new OL draft picks THIS year. This year Bruce Allen brought in Penns and it worked.... barely. His tactic to “punish TW until he comes back to play” was a colossal failure and stupid. If Trent will come back, get him. He’ll be well rested and healthy next year.

Flyboy.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:10 PM   #87
Warthog
The Starter

Confirmed: Bruce Allen has been fired

Sunny side- Damn you’re harsh! Rookie Group 2019

Ok, Haskins didn’t have one good half of football.

His second to last game was a 121 QB rating. He played the whole game.

His last game was a 143 QB rating. For a rookie, with a crappy OL, three rookie WR, no decent TE and only 7 games experience, he had some phenomenal growth. He may not be the best but he’s off to a fast start for a rookie.

McLaurin was almost Rookie of the Year. He would have made it with a good QB situation and supporting WR group.

Steve Sims, JR and Harmon did very well for rookies. I bet at least one of them will be part of the outstanding Redskins possie in 3 years.

Holcomb- will be elite

Martin- good showing in last games

Sweat had a great last game. I don’t judge anyone on defense with Manusky in charge. The defense was POORLY COACHED. Next year with Rivera in charge this defense will shine - with many of the young players in the team NOW. Chase Young and Sweat are going to be a dynamic pass rush.

Overall, the team was playing 8-9 rookies in the end. That’s an incredible draft in my eyes.

Flyboy.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #88
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
@kareemcopeland

Multiple sources say director of pro personnel Alex Santos has been let go. #Redskins
Oops!!!

Looks like the decision on director of pro personnel Alex Santos was not finalized. He was told at a late afternoon meeting that he's safe. That's on me. Lots of moving parts today. Still, that's on me. #Redskins

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #89
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I feel the main issues at Redskin Park were/are more about the people inside the building. Not the building itself.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #90
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I feel the main issues at Redskin Park were/are more about the people inside the building. Not the building itself.
I mean if you read the article it specifically mentions how easy it is for rumors to get around because execs and football players are cramped on the same floor together.

It's time for Danny to bring the team into the 21st century. This includes a modern practice facility with modern improvements.