Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #17
jbcjr14
The Starter

Re: "Coach Joe is on the Warpath!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Gibbs is not the guy to throw stuff and break thing it just not in him now or in his past.
Oh I beg to differ my friend. Joe in his first tenure was a madman in the locker room at half time. It has been documented by players that Joe used to light some people up in the locker room at half time when things weren't going well.

You don't win championships by not motivating your players. I can bet on more than several occassions he has punched a chalkboard to fire his guys up.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #18
MTK
\m/

Coach is fired up I just hope the team reflects that this weekend.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #19
warriorzpath

Yup, reading that fires me up and firing up the media and fans is fun -but hopefully this was just a peek of what is happening behind the scenes in the locker room.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #20
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I say, coach suit up and kick ASS!! Who doesn't love Joe, the man is a WINNER in everything he gets involved, getting fired is a good sign of things to come. I want him fired up every week including Dallas week, then I want him frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #21
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I'm not trying to sound like a sour grape but Gibbs lied. He told George that he wants to run 70% of the time and "take our shots." That is what he said. I heard it myself. So I'm not sure what Gibbs is talking about.

Bottom line is Det has a pretty good front 7 led by Shawn Rogers who is one of the best DT's in the NFL. But they are ranked 30th or 31st against the pass. So going in and trying to run 70% of the time against the lions is a stupid game plan. If the coaches watched the tape against Phi. then they should know Det. has serious problems in the secondary.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #22
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Whatever--I did not see the George Michaels thing, so I can't be sure what he meant by that, but he has been preaching balance from day one in Gibbs II.

I just am glad to see some fire from the man. No doubt, he's not visiting the message boards or anything, but he's been taking a lot of crap the last two weeks, and that stuff about Portis and his knee was pretty silly, IMO. No more Mr. Nice-guy would be a good thing.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #23
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

I loved that interview. The media hasn't been good to joe so why should joe be good to them.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Hell yea! The coach is fired up, and the team is gonna come out and make a BIG STATEMENT!

We are gonna stomp the LIONS ASS!

Just remember its NOT 70%! Its BALANCED! DONT FORGET IT!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #25
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm not trying to sound like a sour grape but Gibbs lied. He told George that he wants to run 70% of the time and "take our shots." That is what he said. I heard it myself. So I'm not sure what Gibbs is talking about.

Bottom line is Det has a pretty good front 7 led by Shawn Rogers who is one of the best DT's in the NFL. But they are ranked 30th or 31st against the pass. So going in and trying to run 70% of the time against the lions is a stupid game plan. If the coaches watched the tape against Phi. then they should know Det. has serious problems in the secondary.
It wouldn't be the first time Gibbs lied. He's a good guy and all, but he will tell us what we want to hear. He's a diplomat.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #26
artmonkforhallofamein07
Pro Bowl

Good to see that fire back n Joe. Hopefully the players wil respond. Sounds like Portis is on a mission as well. HAIL!!! Get them Lions!!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #27
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm really happy to see that Joe is fired up and a little ticked off again. I didn't think he had it in him anymore, but he suprised me. I want to see the guys play with that kind of attitude all year.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #28
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

History will tell you that when the Redskins were in their glory years, we had a balanced offensive attack. As much as Gibbs has been known for his ball controlled offense, we actually had a pretty decent balanced offense.

I didn't see the interview with George Michael, but I wouldn't doubt if what Gibbs said to him wasn't meant to be tongue and cheek and the media taken every word as gospel. If that's the case, it isnt' lying, I mean heck, what team wouldn't want to win every ball game by just handing it off to the running back?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #29
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Gibbs is not the guy to throw stuff and break thing it just not in him now or in his past.
That is absolutely, factually incorrect. There are documented reports that have Gibbs punching holes in chalkboards, knocking over chairs, and starting a foodfight with a bucket full of oranges at halftime to get his team fired up.

He HAS done this in his first stint as head coach. I haven't heard of him doing this his second time around. But trust me -- it HAS happened.

Joe Theismann on the Dan Patrick Show said that on a Monday after a loss, his players were in a meeting going over film from the day before. When noticing that his players weren't really into it, daydreaming and carrying on, he immediately put his fist through the glass on the overhead projector when trying to diagram a play.

What we see on the sidelines, and what he shows in public to the media is, according to reports, NOTHING like what the players used to see in private.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
That is absolutely, factually incorrect. There are documented reports that have Gibbs punching holes in chalkboards, knocking over chairs, and starting a foodfight with a bucket full of oranges at halftime to get his team fired up.

He HAS done this in his first stint as head coach. I haven't heard of him doing this his second time around. But trust me -- it HAS happened.

Joe Theismann on the Dan Patrick Show said that on a Monday after a loss, his players were in a meeting going over film from the day before. When noticing that his players weren't really into it, daydreaming and carrying on, he immediately put his fist through the glass on the overhead projector when trying to diagram a play.

What we see on the sidelines, and what he shows in public to the media is, according to reports, NOTHING like what the players used to see in private.
I'm don't doubt any of these stories are true. We all the know guy is competitive as hell. My point is he is stubborn as hell and in his 2nd go around it's hurt the team.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote