Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Ron Rivera Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 29,649
Ron Rivera Thread

It's been almost a full season under Ron, lets look back at a few notes:

1. His battle with Cancer through most of this season.
2. Taking over a horrible situation and roster with no Off season.
3. QB situation was a hot mess to start.
4. Starting the season 1-5
5. Many were questioning if he was the right choice after just 6 weeks.

Fast forward to Mid December and he has this team and fan base 100% bought in to the new culture, the defense is as good as it's been since the Sean Taylor days in WSH.

Alex Smith is 4-1 as a starter coming off one of the worst injuries in sports history.

The CULTURE is different now, the TEAM is finally one.

I was excited when they hired Ron but now I'm even more ALL IN. If this team finishes 8-8, does Ron win the Coach of the Year?
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,052
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

I'd say if we finish 9-7 then he definitely should be CotY!
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,280
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...harted-waters/

https://blog.fantasylifeapp.com/2020...s-c20b42b34dc7

https://medium.com/top-level-sports/...0-157625e1727f

Here's a couple articles regarding how the five new head coaches were ranked earlier this year.

McCarthy was ranked #1 by all of them - Bwahahahahah!!!!!

Of course if WFT wins the division, I would put Ron at the top considering all this team has overcome and accomplished in his first year.

Honestly if Gibson didn't get hurt, we could be looking at coach of the year, comeback player of the year, defensive rookie of the year, and offensive rookie of the year. Still will likely end up with three of those four.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 02:55 PM   #4
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 29,649
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...harted-waters/

https://blog.fantasylifeapp.com/2020...s-c20b42b34dc7

https://medium.com/top-level-sports/...0-157625e1727f

Here's a couple articles regarding how the five new head coaches were ranked earlier this year.

McCarthy was ranked #1 by all of them - Bwahahahahah!!!!!

Of course if WFT wins the division, I would put Ron at the top considering all this team has overcome and accomplished in his first year.

Honestly if Gibson didn't get hurt, we could be looking at coach of the year, comeback player of the year, defensive rookie of the year, and offensive rookie of the year. Still will likely end up with three of those four.
Everyone picked this team to go 3-13 or 4-12 at best, I saw #1 overall pick projections. If they win the division he has to be COY
__________________
“Mediocre people don’t like high achievers, and high achievers don’t like mediocre people.”
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,405
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

In hindsight that McCarthy #1 overall - LOL

But Chief, I disagree on 3/4. Even if Gibson didn't get injured, a good rookie QB is always the sexy pick for OROTY and Herbert has had a good season. Not to mention James Robinson is getting way more love and accolades than Gibson ever did. Gibson has the numbers edge wise on TD's, but Robinson outpaces him everywhere else.

Ron might get some votes for COTY but I expect someone else to take it. Alex probably wins CPOTY just based off what he came back from. Chase probably leads for DROTY but it's not over yet.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #6
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,872
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

McCarthy was a garbage hire, I think it's become obvious his success in GB was tied to Rodgers. But of course it's Dallas, so anything they do is over hyped.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,452
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

I had been in wait and see mode with Rivera ever since we hired him, despite the fact that I had a good feeling about the hire. But after the last two games, it's tough to remain in the wait and see mode. As we all saw, Rivera had already made positive impact on the team in many areas and the players obviously believe in themselves, which is not something we could say with the previous coaches. I'm definitely a believer in Rivera and I am looking forward to see how far this team will go once we find our QB.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:25 PM   #8
Chief X_Phackter
The Starter
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,280
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
In hindsight that McCarthy #1 overall - LOL

But Chief, I disagree on 3/4. Even if Gibson didn't get injured, a good rookie QB is always the sexy pick for OROTY and Herbert has had a good season. Not to mention James Robinson is getting way more love and accolades than Gibson ever did. Gibson has the numbers edge wise on TD's, but Robinson outpaces him everywhere else.

Ron might get some votes for COTY but I expect someone else to take it. Alex probably wins CPOTY just based off what he came back from. Chase probably leads for DROTY but it's not over yet.
Well, I said we could be looking at offensive rookie of the year. He was definitely coming on of late, who knows what his final five games could have been, and where he would have stacked up. As of right now Gibson has like 80 less carries, but averages more yards per carry than Robinson, and he has four more rushing TDs. Agree that the QBs always have a leg up on these awards, but the team's record often also plays a big part for some reason.

Anyway, I'll take 3 of the 4 awards. What a season...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #9
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 17,405
Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Well, I said we could be looking at offensive rookie of the year. He was definitely coming on of late, who knows what his final five games could have been, and where he would have stacked up. As of right now Gibson has like 80 less carries, but averages more yards per carry than Robinson, and he has four more rushing TDs. Agree that the QBs always have a leg up on these awards, but the team's record often also plays a big part for some reason.

Anyway, I'll take 3 of the 4 awards. What a season...
I'll take 2/4, CY99 and Alex Smith gotta be the leaders in their categories. If Ron gets COTY I'll take that too, but historically in the last 10 years COTY has at least 11 wins minimum (exception is Bruce Arians 9-3 in 2012 filling in for Chuck Pagano). Also Ron is a two time COTY winner already. I think the cancer thing will swing some votes his way but otherwise it will go to some 11+ win team who overperformed expectations (Kevin Stefanski or Sean McDermott looking at you)
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.26015 seconds with 10 queries