Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trouble in Redskins Park?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #196
jamf
Pro Bowl

Thumbs down Re: Trouble in Redskins Park?

If Bruce is drafting, we are going to get Christian McCaffrey in the first round.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #197
mredskins
MVP

Re: Trouble in Redskins Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
aka he's drying out
Exactly, if it was his grandmother dying and its the combine his biggest time of the year, you suck up your grandma's death; at least to get you through those critical days for your job.

Redskins are handling this the total correct way; basically saying nothing.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:46 AM   #198
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
That all said, it's still not good to be missing the star employee at a crucial time of the year. So fingers crossed for this draft.
I know right!

Scott you had one job! One job!
Old 03-02-2017, 11:54 AM   #199
metalskins
The Starter

He probably did have a family member to pass, but he had been muzzled since the end of January.

It's just a horrible time for him to miss. Hopefully he's left the combine in good hands.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #200
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

If Scott is drinking again who could blame him? The dysfunction in Redskin park is enough to make Jesus,Gandhi,and Ted Nugent all become alcoholics
Old 03-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #201
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
He probably did have a family member to pass, but he had been muzzled since the end of January.

It's just a horrible time for him to miss. Hopefully he's left the combine in good hands.
It's all about Gruden. He's in the room for the interviews. He should be the opinion they listen to. I do think he gets it and I trust him.

Doug Williams was a Super Bowl Winning QB, so I think he probably gets it. But Gruden's the one with the vision for what he wants the team to be.

Hopefully Allen's smart enough to lean on Jay.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #202
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

for what its worth:

Source (CSN Mid Atlantic):

Quote:
One source with knowledge of the situation told CSN of the drama surrounding the Redskins general manager, "It's all bullsh**, he's not fired."
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #203
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Aka... Scot will be back when he sobers up. It's so damn obvious that he had a relapse or went on a binge.

The Redskins need someone in PR thst knows that hell they're doing. For a big huge operation they come across as fools. Someone needs to sit folks down over and give them a lesson on PR. For me it all started with the head coach basically talking smack about SM's first round picks. I mean how does your head coach say.. " yeah our 1st round picks the last few years is a guard and the other didn't play".. could you imagine Gibbs saying that? Now the shit show keeps going with Cooley and this mess with SM.

Sometimes I think Snyder likes this shit cause it keeps his team in the news. Being a professional operation like Pittsburgh probably bores him to death . Like I said, I feel SM's days are numbered here.

Last edited by skinsfan69; 03-02-2017 at 12:55 PM.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #204
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
It's all about Gruden. He's in the room for the interviews. He should be the opinion they listen to. I do think he gets it and I trust him.

Doug Williams was a Super Bowl Winning QB, so I think he probably gets it. But Gruden's the one with the vision for what he wants the team to be.

Hopefully Allen's smart enough to lean on Jay.
Yeah, ultimately, it's your head coach that needs to say this is a guy we want to draft or not. And I think there is a respect and trust between Jay and Scot. I just hope once McCloughan returns, everything will be back to "normal" and all the speculation will be behind us.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #205
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Aka... Scot will be back when he sobers up. It's so damn obvious that he had a relapse or went on a binge.

The Redskins need someone in PR thst knows that hell they're doing. For a big huge operation they come across as fools. Someone needs to sit folks down over and give them a lesson on PR. For me it all started with the head coach basically talking smack about SM's first round picks. I mean how does your head coach say.. " yeah our 1st round picks the last few years is a guard and the other didn't play".. could you imagine Gibbs saying that? Now the shit show keeps going with Cooley and this mess with SM.

Sometimes I think Snyder likes this shit cause it keeps his team in the news. Being a professional operation like Pittsburgh probably bores him to death . Like I said, I feel SM's days are numbered here.
Preach. First, admit u have a problem...and I'm not talking about Scott....I'm talking about the constant mishandling of shit. And then u let it turn into drama.

McC has shown results quickly....he better stay. I have zero fuckin faith in bruce.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #206
FRPLG
MVP

I think the PR issues have less to do with the PR problems and more to do with the likes of Snyder and Allen (and past FO big shots) being boobs about PR. They've hired well respected PR types who have then proceeded to proverbially s**t the bed consistently when infected by said boobery. When everything becomes about perception to the FO then everything they do looks like a PR stunt and most of the time is perceived poorly. I've finally given up...as long as DS owns this team the drama will never go away. He doesn't have it in him to be just operate normally. And I have been a long time DS apologist.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #207
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
Well if thats true, and it sounds like it is then we should can him ASAP.
He'll miss the combine and wont have time to properly prepare for the draft.
You are giving thw combine way to much importance. It has become a media three ring circus. We are drafting football playerseason not work out track stars.
Film study, interviewso, medical background and background check are just as important.
Combine is overblown
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #208
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Why is it Snyder's fault that McC seems to be drinking himself out of another job?
Working for Dan Snyder could probably turn the Pope into an alcoholic.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #209
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Whose to say he didn't relapse after a death in his family? Idk the circumstances, but it looks like a big ol' shit sandwich right now. I just hope McC handles his issues and comes back. Like others have said, 0 faith in Bruce/Dan. Hopefully Jay Gruden is leading the show right now.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #210
FlyerSkin

The combine is overrated and not a good indicator of how an individual will perform during an actual game. How many receivers are going to run routes unimpeded in a real game or be able to leap 42 inches to grab a ball? It is a hype job to promote the league. Even the draft has become a joke. Very few players actually drafted make a true impact. Case in point is our last draft!!! Initially we received an a- by some observers, but it was downgraded to a c after the season was complete. Nobody from the front office needs to be present at the combine. That is what scouts are for.
FlyerSkin is offline   Reply With Quote