Trouble in Redskins Park?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-31-2017, 06:22 PM   #766
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Trouble in Redskins Park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I am told that the original deal has not changed, which could have paid Cousins close to 20 million a season if certain incentives were met. Riggins said on his page that in every day people world, that's a shit ton of money, in NFL Starting QB world it is insulting. The baseline deal without incentives was around 18 million.

Add also Jay Gruden heaping praise on Sudfeld and commenting that they think he can be "the guy", and I think the book is already closed on Cousins this year, he plays out the year as a lame duck QB and then next year goes and makes superstar money. He can't be sad because he will have made more than 70 million in three seasons...
I wonder what happens if KC goes out and throws for like 5,000 yards and 35 TD's and we make a serious playoff run. It is possible that this happens if things gel. Then they let him walk?? I mean that would really be a mess....

As far as Sud goes, we'll see. He hasn't done anything in a regular season game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2017, 06:48 PM   #767
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

It sounds like Gruden (the guy on the hook for these folks to respond on the field) will have more say in the players chosen.

I also think our Def coaches got better, especially on the d-line and secondary.
It's not hard for us to improve our defense compared to last year. We just weren't that good.

The big question for me is whether the run game can get better. If it can, then I can actually view us as an improved team, even with the loss of Garcon & Jackson.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #768
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
It sounds like Gruden (the guy on the hook for these folks to respond on the field) will have more say in the players chosen.

I also think our Def coaches got better, especially on the d-line and secondary.
It's not hard for us to improve our defense compared to last year. We just weren't that good.

The big question for me is whether the run game can get better. If it can, then I can actually view us as an improved team, even with the loss of Garcon & Jackson.
A Dalvin Cook would do it instantly.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:20 PM   #769
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
A Dalvin Cook would do it instantly.
AGREED!!!!

He would instantly improve the passing game and the D too. Being able to run the ball helps everything.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:52 PM   #770
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
AGREED!!!!

He would instantly improve the passing game and the D too. Being able to run the ball helps everything.
If we have a chance to get an elite pass rusher I wouldn't pass him up...but I completely agree with you. And if, God forbid, Cook were to get injured, Fat Rob would be right there to step in. Imagine this offense with a running game. I happen to think we have some pretty good players on defense. I DON'T think they're being used as well as they could be. Preston Smith especially. I remember reading before we drafted him how he was used from one end of the line to the other and was very disruptive. Just saying drafting Cook wouldn't be the worse idea in the world and Manusky is known as an aggressive coach. Murphy had a good year last year at OLB and with Cravens actually having a position that is probably the best for him, all kinds of good things are possible. Still, you can never have enough quality pass rushers but drafting Cook sure as hell wouldn't break my heart.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:14 PM   #771
Schneed10
A Dude

Still believe firmly in BPA. If that's Cook, then great.