Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #1306
wilsowilso

Re: Redskins vs Cowboys Gameday Thread

I think Kyle Shanahan deserved to lick the sweat off a dead man's balls tonight.

Rex was no better than a D+.

WR corps was really really exposed.

Otherwise I'm cool.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #1307
53Fan
Franchise Player

We had the game....we lost it. This is a tough loss but it's only one loss. It's still early in the season. We ARE better than last year and we finally have a defense we can be proud of and it will get even better. I wanted to go deep to Moss at least once but KS for some reason abandoned the running game when Hightower and Helu could have done the most damage. It's baffling and frustrating but maybe he'll figure it out. I sure as hell hope so.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 AM   #1308
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
So now we're gunning for the #1 pick?
Luck will fall to us at our mid round pick ; o) just being melodramatic. But I am worried about the Skins going on a skid. So surprised that we couldn't beat a sloppy team with a lot of mental breakdowns. Judging by this performance, I'm worried about the rest of the season. Definitely need to rebound against the Rams, who'll be looking to save their season.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #1309
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Costa must be a secret Redskins fan trying to sabotage Romo.
thats the guy they cut Gourde for? lololololol unbelievable.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #1310
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

How about the amount of pressure the Dallas defense was putting on the OL? You guys forget Dallas has a pretty good D and a Defensive coordinator?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #1311
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Hmmm... let's see. Boneheaded interception. Tossing up another one that is picked except for Moss playing DB. Shit decision making, leading Moss right into a kill shot. Zero zip on his passes to the outside and general lack of accuracy. Dropping the ball every time he gets sacked. Athleticism of your average donut. Shit field awareness..... do I need to go on?

Interesting. Well it's difficult to win them all and as much as I hate this loss and hate losing to the Cowboys, it was on my list of losses. I figured playing in Dallas would be difficult and chocked it up to one of my losses. So hopefully we can go into the bye at 3-1 after beating the Rams and we will be right on schedule with my wins and losses. We come out and need to beat the Eagles at home making us 4-1. I still have us beating:

Panthers
Bills
49ers
Dolphins
Dallas (must win at home now)

"IF" this happens we would be 9-1 at this point. Now the Seahawks don't look very good which could be a win for us. I have us losing to:

Jets
Patriots
Giants (will want revenge, but a win would be awsome)
Eagles (in their house, but they don't look good at this point)

If we beat the Seahawks we'd be 10-1 and with the 4 losses above we'd be 10-5. The Vikes should be a win also but who knows. This would make the Skins 11-5. Can is happen? yes, will it happen? probably not. but this is why I thought 9-7 possibly 10-6. Maybe the team loses to one of the expected wins then they diffinitly will have to win one of the expected losses. Either the Giants or Eagles.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #1312
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
How about the amount of pressure the Dallas defense was putting on the OL? You guys forget Dallas has a pretty good D and a Defensive coordinator?
I could be wrong but I feel that Rex made it look like Dallas was all over him...but honestly I felt he had time most of the snaps.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #1313
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I didn't say because some guy on ES said it. I said the facts and numbers were posted in regards to special teams. It wasn't just a dude calling for D. Smith to be fired.

Why does any coach get fired for Smoot? It's called accountability. Why does a coach get fired when his team goes 1-15? Is he out there throwing the passes? Making the tackles? Kicking the field goals? It's not his fault so why is he fired? Because he's held responsible for the play of his team. By in far, our special teams have sucked the past couple years. To say otherwise is...well...having your head buried in the sand.
Well our punters, isolated from the rest of the special teams, have been awful over the last few years, but that's been a non-issue in the first three games.

The rest of the special teams have done just fine.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #1314
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
Luck will fall to us at our mid round pick ; o) just being melodramatic. But I am worried about the Skins going on a skid. So surprised that we couldn't beat a sloppy team with a lot of mental breakdowns. Judging by this performance, I'm worried about the rest of the season. Definitely need to rebound against the Rams, who'll be looking to save their season.
At this point I'm so sick of hearing about Luck I don't want him. I can only pray and hope some other team sucks worse then us and takes him prior to our pick just to shut up everyone about him.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #1315
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I could be wrong but I feel that Rex made it look like Dallas was all over him...but honestly I felt he had time most of the snaps.
They were lining Ware all over, Sean Lee, Spencer, Ratliff are pretty good players, plus others.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #1316
wilsowilso

We are going to battle for a decent record all year long.
Luck is just out of the question.
We won't get within ten picks of Luck.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 AM   #1317
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Interesting. Well it's difficult to win them all and as much as I hate this loss and hate losing to the Cowboys, it was on my list of losses. I figured playing in Dallas would be difficult and chocked it up to one of my losses. So hopefully we can go into the bye at 3-1 after beating the Rams and we will be right on schedule with my wins and losses. We come out and need to beat the Eagles at home making us 4-1. I still have us beating:

Panthers
Bills
49ers
Dolphins
Dallas (must win at home now)

"IF" this happens we would be 9-1 at this point. Now the Seahawks don't look very good which could be a win for us. I have us losing to:

Jets
Patriots
Giants (will want revenge, but a win would be awsome)
Eagles (in their house, but they don't look good at this point)

If we beat the Seahawks we'd be 10-1 and with the 4 losses above we'd be 10-5. The Vikes should be a win also but who knows. This would make the Skins 11-5. Can is happen? yes, will it happen? probably not. but this is why I thought 9-7 possibly 10-6. Maybe the team loses to one of the expected wins then they diffinitly will have to win one of the expected losses. Either the Giants or Eagles.

I said 9-10 wins and sticking to it.. 9-7 most likely and a WC spot.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #1318
Bucket
Playmaker

Dallas made some mistakes tonight, and we couldn't break them for it.. We should of been able to score more points, and when Jenkins when out we should of been able to throw the football more. I feel like Kyle was playing WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY to conservative tonight.. A lot of 2 man routes, and max protection tonight
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #1319
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Id rather be 1-2 right now and have beaten the Cowboys. I hate the g** damn Cowboys. HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!!

I cant decide who I blame more, Grossman for fumbling once again or Haslett's punt block formation blitz. Im going with Haslett, you expect better from coaches.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 09-27-2011 at 12:47 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #1320
Swarley
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Dallas made some mistakes tonight, and we couldn't break them for it.. We should of been able to score more points, and when Jenkins when out we should of been able to throw the football more. I feel like Kyle was playing WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY to conservative tonight.. A lot of 2 man routes, and max protection tonight
sometimes when you're in a close game you're scared to go for it so you don't end up losing it. I think that's what happened with our playcalling. Usually when you do that though, you end up losing anyways.