Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFC East Teams Rosters vs the Skins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dust has settled mostly with the rosters and now gives us a chance to take a look around at our immediate competition and how do we stack up.

If I had to rank our roster within our division I’d say it’s 3 out of 4 teams because Giants are in a clear rebuild as they have removed a lot of the talent on the team.

I actually think from a talent position, Eagles and Cowboys are close and within the NFC only the Saints, Vikings, Bears, Rams are in their class. My personal feeling is Rams are a little overrated and Vikings are underrated.

The Skins have an outstanding mix of young and vet talent BUT at skill positions we are largely unproven or too volatile due to health. We must have a lot “come together” in order to compete within the division ie staying healthy and young guys need to emerge from “potential” to consistent contributors.

Dline, Corner, And RB...this is where we hold our ground with talent. Landon Collins and Trent Williams are outstanding players

Eagles: Oline, QB, TE, WR. Fletcher Cox and Jenkins are outstanding on a solid defense

Cowboys: Oline, LB, RB, WR. Byron Jones and D Lawrence are outstanding individual talents.

Giants: Saquon Barkley...biggest offense weapon in our division.

Everyone deals with injury but it’s really impeded our squad the couple years...I’m hoping for health. I think the Eagles defense could be much better if their Secondary also remains healthy they got crushed with injuries last year. Too me, the thing holding the cowboys back is the coaching. Dak played well the second half, but he needs to put it together for an entire year for them to be successful.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: NFC East Teams Rosters vs the Skins

Pretty much nailed it. I like keeping the discussion here to the level of talent, rather than taking it to the injury risks, because while those risks are completely real it gets exhausting talking about them.

Our roster in the trenches stacks up well throughout the NFL, we just happen to share a division with the Cowboys and Eagles who are probably 1-2 in the entire league for offensive line.

But you said it, pass catchers for us are light years behind the others. Jeffrey, Jackson, Agholor, Ertz, and Goedert. I mean god damn. Then the Cowboys have Cooper and bunch of jags, but when you have Zeke running behind that line and Cooper drawing attention, a bunch of jags are enough.

I keep saying it - WR position will be the reason we're either stuck at 7-9 or we break through to a playoff berth. We have some potential in spots. There's reason to be excited about McLaurin and Sims in particular. But until they prove it you have to slot our roster below the Eagles and Cowboys.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
Warthog
The Starter

We have a lot of "potential" at WR and TE but its whether guys match that potential AND stay healthy. I think we'll see some guys like Quinn move up to be very good but we have let a lot of WR talent walk out the door with 1000 yd players like Crowley, Jackson and Garcon all go and we're still playing guys like Doctson...

I think the big issue with the 'skins is the QB position. As far as Haskins goes, he either starts right away, starts after 5 games or so, or waits out the season and probably gets a new coach and offense next year. If Haskins starts right away, then you will see some occasional great plays mixed with rookie buffoonery. If he waits to start until the fifth game it is because we probably LOST most of the first games and the story of the rookie QB moves on as stated before. If he sits for the whole season, then we are putting it all on Case Keenum, who has not demonstrated an ability to win on any other team.

The Eagles are the team to beat. I personally think the Cowboys are overrated and we are better than the Giants because of our defense and DL.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think Cam Sims starts at WR opposite P Rich.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #5
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think Cam Sims starts at WR opposite P Rich.
I like that idea!

Flyboy.

Old 08-06-2019, 02:53 AM   #6
Warthog
The Starter

I think we’ll see MacLaurin start with Richardson and Quinn in the slot. I like Cam Sims but he can be a little inconsistent for now. He’ll be backup. Doctson will be the #5 Wr. # 6 WR is ac toss-up between Quick and Harmon. WR group is significantly upgraded from last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

Old 08-06-2019, 04:11 AM   #7
calia
Playmaker

Don’t sleep on Robert Davis.

Davis, Harmon, Sims, McLaurin - lots of young talent. Quinn, PRich and Doctson. They aren’t likely to keep 7, are they? And I don’t see Quick sticking given this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Here is the Athletic's all defensive team for 2019.

For the Norman haters , you may want to look away.

I like this list BTW
Old 08-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #9
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Here is the Athletic's all defensive team for 2019.

For the Norman haters , you may want to look away.

I like this list BTW
Not sure I can quibble with any of it. Nary a Giant to be found, which is probably as it should be.

On the slot corner spot, if the Eagles were healthy at CB entering the season I'd probably take their slot corner over Anthony Brown, whether their slot corner ends up Sidney Jones or whoever. But they're not healthy. And this is a small quibble. You could make the case either way.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #10
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Not sure I can quibble with any of it. Nary a Giant to be found, which is probably as it should be.

On the slot corner spot, if the Eagles were healthy at CB entering the season I'd probably take their slot corner over Anthony Brown, whether their slot corner ends up Sidney Jones or whoever. But they're not healthy. And this is a small quibble. You could make the case either way.
For sure, on offense at LT they have Smith since Trent is holding out. No redskin made the offensive list
Old 08-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #11
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
For sure, on offense at LT they have Smith since Trent is holding out. No redskin made the offensive list
Makes sense, but did they put Saquon over Zeke for the same reason? If so I'm good, if not...

It should be Zeke and Trent, under normal circumstances, over Saquon and Tyron Smith.

At TE you have to take Ertz. At C it's definitely Kelce. At WR you gotta go Cooper, Jeffrey and Jackson.

At G I suppose they went Zack Martin and Brandon Brooks? Their stuff sits behind a pay wall so I can't see it. I take umbrage with Brooks over Scherff, don't think that's a good choice.

QB is obviously Wentz.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #12
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Makes sense, but did they put Saquon over Zeke for the same reason? If so I'm good, if not...

It should be Zeke and Trent, under normal circumstances, over Saquon and Tyron Smith.

At TE you have to take Ertz. At C it's definitely Kelce. At WR you gotta go Cooper, Jeffrey and Jackson.

At G I suppose they went Zack Martin and Brandon Brooks? Their stuff sits behind a pay wall so I can't see it. I take umbrage with Brooks over Scherff, don't think that's a good choice.

QB is obviously Wentz.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:51 AM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Pretty close Schneed, I'd take Saquon over Zeke
Old 08-06-2019, 10:55 AM   #14
Schneed10
A Dude

Will Hernandez over Brandon Scherff and Brandon Brooks, that's laughable.

It's pretty annoying to see them put Zeke over Saquon, when they put Tyron Smith over Trent. Trent's definitely a better player. I get your point about Saquon being the truth, but Zeke is more established.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:59 AM   #15
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Will Hernandez over Brandon Scherff and Brandon Brooks, that's laughable.

It's pretty annoying to see them put Zeke over Saquon, when they put Tyron Smith over Trent. Trent's definitely a better player. I get your point about Saquon being the truth, but Zeke is more established.
Yeah Hernandez was not very good at all last yr, Scherff proved how great he is when he was injured. Zeke is right up there no doubt but I'd take Saquon just due to the fact that he is a huge threat in the pass game. Trent in the better LT but for some reason the media loves Smith