Winning

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #46
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You just love to make this shit up don't you chico? Find a post from anyone that says a company willing to pay it's workers more is wrong???

Funny you quote Warren Buffet yet when it came to the Tax cuts and he was speaking out about how he pays less in taxes than his secretary how much screaming did you do then?I'll remind you none.

Lets just read more about what Warren thinks.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...ax-reform.aspx

But don't expect the tax cuts to benefit everyday Americans
While Buffett acknowledges that Berkshire's bottom line will be helped by the new tax law, and he predicts the stock market is likely to rise, that doesn't mean he thinks the GOP's tax-reform bill is in the best interest of the American public.

Buffett recently wrote an article for Time magazine in which he explained why trickle-down economics doesn't really work.

The whole idea behind the GOP's tax-reform bill is that the massive tax cut for corporations will "trickle down" to the American public in the form of more jobs and higher wages. And the early indications are that this is somewhat true -- several high-profile companies announced bonuses for their workers or higher minimum wages in the wake of the legislation.

However, Buffett points out that historically, trickle-down economics hasn't had the promised effect. He gives the example of the Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans. Between the first version of the list in 1982 and today, the wealth of the top 400 has multiplied by a factor of 29, from $93 billion to $2.7 trillion. Buffett says that at the same time, "many hardworking citizens remained stuck on an economic treadmill." He added: "During this period, the tsunami of wealth didn't trickle down. It surged upward."
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...son/1491329535

https://q13fox.com/2018/09/20/need-a...s-the-country/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/13/targ...ay-season.html

Read the news...higher, competitive demand for holiday worker...higher wages, incentives, perks, employee discount, ETC.

Amazon is getting out in front, trying to keep its workforce...this was a competitive WAGE HIKE due to demand. This was not some bullshit handout...this is business and a strategy by Amazon to retain workforce and compete other employers who are direct competition

This is what happens in a great economy.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #47
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Read the news...higher, competitive demand for holiday worker...higher wages, incentives, perks, employee discount, ETC.

Amazon is getting out in front, trying to keep its workforce...this was a competitive WAGE HIKE due to demand. This was not some bullshit handout...this is business and a strategy by Amazon to retain workforce and compete other employers who are direct competition

Yeah but we're borrowing at an absurd rate to make it happen, which eventually has consequences.

Trump's tax plan dropped tax rates, so parts of the public are enjoying that significant change, but the federal government has not reduced spending in concert. The deficit has grown significantly larger.

It's the same effect as a stimulus. Obama's was an injection fed by quantitative easing, ours is an injection of Chinese cash buying up more of our debt. It will eventually impact inflation rates and the strength of our currency in a negative way.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
LOL, and you and your fuck America act is getting thin to.
feel free to leave, I was just about to reply to your list as a useful starting point. You can still go
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah but we're borrowing at an absurd rate to make it happen, which eventually has consequences.

Trump's tax plan dropped tax rates, so parts of the public are enjoying that significant change, but the federal government has not reduced spending in concert. The deficit has grown significantly larger.

It's the same effect as a stimulus. Obama's was an injection fed by quantitative easing, ours is an injection of Chinese cash buying up more of our debt. It will eventually impact inflation rates and the strength of our currency in a negative way.
I agree, and a side note on this, people may have started noticing the fed raising rates, and while individuals may feel a little of that, guess what happens when the federally borrowed money starts having to pay higher rates, it's not a good thing.

I do think the difference on the stimulus vs solid gdp growth, is a lot of the stimulus was borrowed money that doesn't increase the tax base. In sound GDP growth, tax revenues rise as a result. BUT your point is right it's not enough, and Congress needs to stop living in tax and spend environment.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #50
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

That started with Obama ,don't forget that.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #51
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
feel free to leave, I was just about to reply to your list as a useful starting point. You can still go
Right back at ya there ...comrade is it?
Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #52
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That started with Obama ,don't forget that.
ha...its literally hilarious you don't understand. True if you talking the deficit chunks

But Obama at anytime could have enacted measures to get the economy going. Dodd-Frank, Fed Regulatory laws, Tax policy, etc....get into the weeds G1 and you can find the answers.

We agree to disagree
Old 10-03-2018, 10:00 AM   #53
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

WOW:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...warning-825358

Trump’s new loyalty test: Don’t make trade deal with China

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...deal-1.4118165

Fucking Ruthless by Trump and Administration. Talk about cut throat...

The new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement allows any of the countries to withdraw from the deal on six-month's notice if one of the partners enters into a free trade agreement with a non-market economy -- language widely seen as referring to China

The USMCA also requires a member country to provide notice and information to the other two partners if it plans free trade talks with a "non-market" economy

The clause in the new agreement -- which still needs formal approval in all three countries -- gives the other partners a say in the text of such a deal.

Conservative MPs repeatedly referred to that clause as a "Trump veto" during question period, while trade experts remained divided on whether that was in fact the case

This is the type of deal Trump practice in private...just fucking ruthless.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #54
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
ha...its literally hilarious you don't understand. True if you talking the deficit chunks

But Obama at anytime could have enacted measures to get the economy going. Dodd-Frank, Fed Regulatory laws, Tax policy, etc....get into the weeds G1 and you can find the answers.

We agree to disagree
So trump walked in to the same economy as Obama did?
Old 10-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #55
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
WOW:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...warning-825358

Trump’s new loyalty test: Don’t make trade deal with China

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...deal-1.4118165

Fucking Ruthless by Trump and Administration. Talk about cut throat...

The new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement allows any of the countries to withdraw from the deal on six-month's notice if one of the partners enters into a free trade agreement with a non-market economy -- language widely seen as referring to China

The USMCA also requires a member country to provide notice and information to the other two partners if it plans free trade talks with a "non-market" economy

The clause in the new agreement -- which still needs formal approval in all three countries -- gives the other partners a say in the text of such a deal.

Conservative MPs repeatedly referred to that clause as a "Trump veto" during question period, while trade experts remained divided on whether that was in fact the case

This is the type of deal Trump practice in private...just fucking ruthless.
LOL, fucking stupid .You do realize once trump is gone so is this stipulation...it means squat. He made his administration do it and they are all running for their lives.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #56
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
So trump walked in to the same economy as Obama did?
old troll strikes again
Old 10-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #57
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL, fucking stupid .You do realize once trump is gone so is this stipulation...it means squat. He made his administration do it and they are all running for their lives.
Do you think China conducts fair trade with the United States?

I find it funny that the left has cozied up to China and Iran recently. Folks are so blinded by their trump syndrome.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
old troll strikes again

.............and you still won't answer it honestly.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #59
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I find it funny that the left has cozied up to China and Iran recently. Folks are so blinded by their trump syndrome.
You lie like trump lies. The left has not cozied up to China,Iran or Russia the way trump has .Try again you trumpette.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #60
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

It's why trumpettes are called the trump cult.