Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should we be drafting Tua???

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2020, 09:54 AM   #61
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I read it and you used the word twice.in describing Haskins. I like the kid and he has potential but you were wrong to describe him as elite after this year, as for Haskins I'm not saying one bad word about him but no player is elite after two games in his rookie season.
You're picking the fly shit out of the pepper. The gist of his post is that he believes that Haskins has enough potential as an NFL QB that we can afford to go for Chase Young with our #2 pick. You know what he meant to convey and nobody cares about how precisely he writes or your reading comprehension.

You give a Giants fan a chance on the board and... no, j/k, I actually enjoy most of your posts.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #62
mredskins
MVP

Elite is a meaningless word in sports now a days anyways. Every youth team I see is Elite Such and Such, give me a break.

Also for the record he said “could be” elite and for two games “played at”a elite level.

And with that I think DH is going be Jack shit in this league draft Tau.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #63
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Elite is a meaningless word in sports now a days anyways. Every youth team I see is Elite Such and Such, give me a break.

Also for the record he said “could be” elite and for two games “played at”a elite level.

And with that I think DH is going be Jack shit in this league draft Tau.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:07 AM   #64
Defensewins
Playmaker

We don’t need to draft another injured player or one with a serious injury history. After the last two seasons did we not learn anything?
Chase Young is the choice.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:30 AM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
We don’t need to draft another injured player or one with a serious injury history. After the last two seasons did we not learn anything?
Exactly. I don’t get it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #66
Warthog
The Starter

Should we be drafting Tua???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post

Haskins improved over his rookie season. He started with a disastrous first game and then got better every game. His last two games were outstanding. He showed the POTENTIAL to be our franchise QB. We will know a lot more about him this season when:

1. OL is stabilized by resigning Scherff, Flowers and maybe Trent Williams. I’m sure they will draft for the OT. Martins progressed and will either be a very good backup or a good starter. BL - the OL will be much better than last year.

2. We will sign either Hooper or Henry in FA for top dollar ($10-11 mill/yr). I think the team will use there third round draft pick (#66) for a TE. BL - the TE position will be improved greatly over last year. This will help Haskins in the Red Zone.

3. Not sure what the team will do for WR #2. Rumors of Cooper ($20 mill/yr) which I think are smoke and mirrors. I think the team will draft for a WR, versus using FA. But they may hire a older WR for a short contract. BL - WR will be better because our rookies will be more experienced. We may get a speedster in the draft or FA to compete with Harmon.

4. Besides the filling the TE black hole, the biggest improvement for Haskins will be the OC, Scott Turner. Scott is green, but he will change the Redskins offense using passing-heavy schemes with our rejuvenated WR & TE. KOC may improve under McVay, but he operated a run-intense offense that was very predictable AND ineffective. That’s why we were the WORST offense in the NFL. We ran on first down something like 80% of the time. Scott Turner will bring this offense into the 21st century. This can only help Haskins.

So with all these improvements we will see whether Haskins has the juice to be our franchise QB or not. There can be no excuses. He either improves steadily as he did last season, or he doesn’t. I think he will get better as he gains more experience. I think he could be the long-term QB we have long waited for. But we’ll know more this season.

BTW, the Tua talk is just more smoke generated by the Redskins to see what offers they can get at their #2 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #67
EdmundDorf
The Starter

I think they want to know if Detroit is seriously interested.....
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:01 PM   #68
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Haskins improved over his rookie season. He started with a disastrous first game and then got better every game. His last two games were outstanding. He showed the POTENTIAL to be our franchise QB. We will know a lot more about him this season when:

1. OL is stabilized by resigning Scherff, Flowers and maybe Trent Williams. I’m sure they will draft for the OT. Martins progressed and will either be a very good backup or a good starter. BL - the OL will be much better than last year.

2. We will sign either Hooper or Henry in FA for top dollar ($10-11 mill/yr). I think the team will use there third round draft pick (#66) for a TE. BL - the TE position will be improved greatly over last year. This will help Haskins in the Red Zone.

3. Not sure what the team will do for WR #2. Rumors of Cooper ($20 mill/yr) which I think are smoke and mirrors. I think the team will draft for a WR, versus using FA. But they may hire a older WR for a short contract. BL - WR will be better because our rookies will be more experienced. We may get a speedster in the draft or FA to compete with Harmon.

4. Besides the filling the TE black hole, the biggest improvement for Haskins will be the OC, Scott Turner. Scott is green, but he will change the Redskins offense using passing-heavy schemes with our rejuvenated WR & TE. KOC may improve under McVay, but he operated a run-intense offense that was very predictable AND ineffective. That’s why we were the WORST offense in the NFL. We ran on first down something like 80% of the time. Scott Turner will bring this offense into the 21st century. This can only help Haskins.

So with all these improvements we will see whether Haskins has the juice to be our franchise QB or not. There can be no excuses. He either improves steadily as he did last season, or he doesn’t. I think he will get better as he gains more experience. I think he could be the long-term QB we have long waited for. But we’ll know more this season.

BTW, the Tua talk is just more smoke generated by the Redskins to see what offers they can get at their #2 pick.

I agree that OC Scott Turner will help in the long term. I was so tired of Gruden's no adjustments coaching staff. Terrible at developing talent.
Getting back to a more traditional offense, getting a FB lead blocker, play action deception and getting away from Grudens offense will go a long way.
Gruden never saw the benefit of having a run blocking FB or TE. It was all about passing, Jordan Reed and having no FB's on the roster is proof. We need run blocking TE and FB.
Glad change is here.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Haskins will be a good QB, lets not overreact here to Tua Mania. The issue is we need so much more than a QB, we don't even know who will be starting on the line lol, you want to bring in a guy that may sit out 2020 with the #2 pick? No way man, he's got great potential but let Miami take that chance... We need Chase Young
Old 03-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #70
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Haskins will be a good QB, lets not overreact here to Tua Mania. The issue is we need so much more than a QB, we don't even know who will be starting on the line lol, you want to bring in a guy that may sit out 2020 with the #2 pick? No way man, he's got great potential but let Miami take that chance... We need Chase Young
I would not draft him - He cant stay healthy...... That being said if Burrows drops (chances of this are slim to none) draft him - trade Haskins (not a knock on Haskins). Bengals take Burrows, we take Young - plain and simple....unless offered a a kings ransom in picks....Also dump Williams for what ever you can get for him. He does not want to be a redskins....
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #71
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I wish I could hibernate until April 23rd.

We're drafting Chase Young. Let's all accept it and move on.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #72
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I wish I could hibernate until April 23rd.

We're drafting Chase Young. Let's all accept it and move on.
The off season sucks. I get sucked in for a day and then realize I just can't do it. The combine and all these pro days, Tua vs Haskins... just a bunch of nonsense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:14 PM   #73
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

If we drafted Tua, he wouldn’t be competing with anyone.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

“Rivera told Tagovailoa he wants to bring him to Washington to compete with second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins during their meeting at the NFL combine, a source told the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

“They felt like Dwayne was not the guy right now,” the source said.

This is a surprise if the source is legit
Old 03-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #75
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
“Rivera told Tagovailoa he wants to bring him to Washington to compete with second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins during their meeting at the NFL combine, a source told the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

“They felt like Dwayne was not the guy right now,” the source said.

This is a surprise if the source is legit
Even if Rivera said that it could just be BS propaganda trying to get teams interested in Tua to offer the Redskins a king's ransom for the 2nd pick. Around draft time coaches and general managers are about as honest as used car salesmen and politicians.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote