Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Coach Joe is on the Warpath!"

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-05-2007, 08:53 PM   #31
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Re: "Coach Joe is on the Warpath!"

Stubborn? In what way? I think he's shown a willingness to change -- giving up playcalling to Al Saunders was a huge departure from the norm for Gibbs.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2007, 11:46 PM   #32
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm really happy to see that Joe is fired up and a little ticked off again. I didn't think he had it in him anymore, but he suprised me. I want to see the guys play with that kind of attitude all year.
Instead of getting pissy with a bunch of reporters, I'd rather hear that Gibbs is going medieval on the players in practice after an absolute meltdown of a 2nd half against NY. Gibbs 1.0 would have had them in full pads, with full contact practices all week after such a galling loss. I really don't sense that the players have a healthy fear of Gibbs since he returned.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #33
MTRedskinsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Instead of getting pissy with a bunch of reporters, I'd rather hear that Gibbs is going medieval on the players in practice after an absolute meltdown of a 2nd half against NY. Gibbs 1.0 would have had them in full pads, with full contact practices all week after such a galling loss. I really don't sense that the players have a healthy fear of Gibbs since he returned.
Agreed. I'm not sure that media session means anything. Winning games w/ guys flying around the field making huge plays will be the only way to know whether it means anything. If Gibbs can begin to fire-up his boys it will make all the difference, because so far in 2.0 there just has not been the kind of inspired play seen under HOF coaches. I know this is an age old argument and my dad will always say that NFL players are supposed to be professionals (paid a shitload of money) who shouldn't need to be inspired. Give me a friggin break. Look at how guys get fired up under Dungy and Belichick and Cowher (even if I don't like the guy). Not to mention most of the ballers are still kids. Shit, Portis is two years younger than I am. Younger guys look for inspiration. If the coaching staff can't light a fire under the asses of testasterone laden, half-juiced jocks there's a big f'n problem. I'm praying this is our breakout game. Hail Skins!
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:59 AM   #34
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post

I agree totally. I think JG getting pissed is definitely a good thing, but I would also like to see some of that on the players a bit as well.

Seems like JG finally woke up....

Redskins 38 Lions 17

Game on.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 AM   #35
saden1
MVP

Sounds like a player or a coach really pissed of the Joe...let it all out Joe...let your inner people go!

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #36
chrisl4064

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Gibbs is not the guy to throw stuff and break thing it just not in him now or in his past.
haha what are you his roommate?
chrisl4064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #37
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Stubborn? In what way? I think he's shown a willingness to change -- giving up playcalling to Al Saunders was a huge departure from the norm for Gibbs.
Yeah he gave up the playcalling but he is dictating to Sanders. This is not the way Sanders wants to run his offense.

Plus those two terrible play calls at the end of the Giants game were his.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #38
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Honestly I don't care if Gibbs breaks 100 film projectors. It doesn't matter. We need to win cause it's a conference game and we need to come out and score some points. Det is going to score, I have no doubt about that. So I want to see us going down the field on these guys like Philly did. McNabb lit them up with Kevin Curtis. So if Kevin Curtis can have a big day then Santana and ARE should have a field day.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
#56fanatic
The Starter

He needs to be on the Warpath. i am a bit tired of the same ole act week in and week out. "they fought their guts out....we are in this thing together.... blah blah blah. He needs to start busting some ass around redskin park and get people fired up and motivated to play. I am sick of the no fire this team has. In 2005 this team had a swagger and fight about them. I just dont see that same attitude from this team yet.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #40
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
History will tell you that when the Redskins were in their glory years, we had a balanced offensive attack. As much as Gibbs has been known for his ball controlled offense, we actually had a pretty decent balanced offense.

I didn't see the interview with George Michael, but I wouldn't doubt if what Gibbs said to him wasn't meant to be tongue and cheek and the media taken every word as gospel. If that's the case, it isnt' lying, I mean heck, what team wouldn't want to win every ball game by just handing it off to the running back?

Gibbs made a concentrated effort to drive home the point he expects to run a "balanced" attack. During the course of that MB he used the word "balanced" at least ten times, in an effort to ensure they grasped the significance of what he has consistently maintained....."balance".
Old 10-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #41
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

That "swinging soul" quotation is priceless. I think all the 'ra-ra' yelling and stuff is way overrated in the NFL (not that I've ever been in an NFL locker room or anything). I kind of suspect all that stuff makes a lot more difference to the fans and the media than it does for the players. They just need to show up and play and execute the game plan. Hit Kitna, get some turnovers, don't give up big plays, stop the Lions on third-down, control the clock, and keep the defense off the field. That is the bottom line. These are adults, they are professionals, does a screaming boss get you guys going at work? You need control of the locker room and respect, but come on, this isn't high school.

Still love that "swinging soul" line, though. I'm gonna try to work that into a conversation, though I know I'd probably just get a really perplexed look.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 PM   #42
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm don't doubt any of these stories are true. We all the know guy is competitive as hell. My point is he is stubborn as hell and in his 2nd go around it's hurt the team.

I don't see how you can say that. He's given up the offense to Saunders. I don't find that to be stubborn at all. I mean, I'm sure he's going to want the freedom to have his input with the way the offense is ran. After all, he is the head coach. I would expect this from any head coach who's been successful in this league.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:12 PM   #43
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Gibbs made a concentrated effort to drive home the point he expects to run a "balanced" attack. During the course of that MB he used the word "balanced" at least ten times, in an effort to ensure they grasped the significance of what he has consistently maintained....."balance".

Exactly! It has always been about balance, whether if the team is a run first or pass first team. That is how he won those three Super Bowls in the 80's, and a balanced offensive attack never goes out of style.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #44
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah he gave up the playcalling but he is dictating to Sanders. This is not the way Sanders wants to run his offense.

Plus those two terrible play calls at the end of the Giants game were his.
But, he's the head coach. That is what head football coaches do, normally.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
I don't see how you can say that. He's given up the offense to Saunders. I don't find that to be stubborn at all. I mean, I'm sure he's going to want the freedom to have his input with the way the offense is ran. After all, he is the head coach. I would expect this from any head coach who's been successful in this league.
Then why bring the guy in here? If your not going to let the guy do it his way then have Don Breux call the plays.

I'm just starting to think that as long as Gibbs is the coach we are never going to have an offense like some of the top NFL offenses. It's always going to be run first no matter who we play. As I said Det. has the 31st ranked pass defense. So I'm looking for a pass first game plan.