Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Redskins Meetup

Tailgate tickets for opening day.

Redskins Meetup

Old 08-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Riggo44
The Starter

Tailgate tickets for opening day.

Hi Guy’s,
I was just wondering if any of you ever get the tailgate tickets. I'm taking my girlfriend to DC for the Cowboys game and wondered if I should by them. We got a hotel room by the stadium and are going to take a cab to the game so we won’t have a car to tailgate at. I have taken a back pack full of beer and just walked around the parking lot in the past but would rather do something more this time. I’ve seen the tic’s on E-Bay for about $65. Any thoughts from any of you that have been before would be appreciated. Thanks and H.T.T.R!!!!!!

Advertisements
Old 08-24-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
12thMan
MVP

Re: Tailgate tickets for opening day.

What exactly does a tailgate ticket get you?
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Riggo44
The Starter

All you can eat BBQ and drinks plus entertainment. I'm really not sure what else that's why I'm asking.
Thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

Yeah I'd be interested in this too. I don't really go to many games because frankly I think FedEx Field is a crappy game experience and absurdly overpriced, but I got invited to opening night and I'm not paying for my ticket, so why not. But I don't know my way around the stadium/parking lots, so this could be fun.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
Hi Guy’s,
I was just wondering if any of you ever get the tailgate tickets. I'm taking my girlfriend to DC for the Cowboys game and wondered if I should by them. We got a hotel room by the stadium and are going to take a cab to the game so we won’t have a car to tailgate at. I have taken a back pack full of beer and just walked around the parking lot in the past but would rather do something more this time. I’ve seen the tic’s on E-Bay for about $65. Any thoughts from any of you that have been before would be appreciated. Thanks and H.T.T.R!!!!!!
you might have trouble watching the game if you are in dc . honestly i have not been in the tailgate club but i have heard good things and bad things. it all really depends on what you want to get into during the tailgate. the tailgate club from what i have heard is more of a family thing free food and drinks and they usually have a decent cover band. the one thing is that the alcohol is not free and i think it's up to 8.50 a beer at fedex, i honestly haven't bought one there in over 3 years. i think you also get to go to the club level after the game for a little while too. they have a few bars that stay open after the games there. i know that the tailgate club typically opens 3 hours before the game, but with the gates opening at noon for that game i'm not sure. cause typically gates open four hours before the game starts not eight. but if you wanna shotgun a few beers before the tailgate club opens hit me up in the green lot just follow the air raid siren

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Riggo44
The Starter

Thanks for the tips mlmdub130. I just may take you up on shotguning some beers!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Years back I won a few tickets and they included the tailgate package. The food was ok and I can't remember if the beer was free or if they charged. It was pretty much just a tent with a band but I don't think I would pay $65 to go. Why not ask who here is going to the game with a car and hook up with them and chip in on food.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
InsaneBoost
The Starter

I can get in free cause a family member knows some of the security, however I've never been to them. They do look good though. I believe all the Ribs are from Famous Daves, I know there's live performances, cheerleader performance and I believe they do raffles to win autographed jerseys, footballs, etc.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I got this email from the Redskins:

Quote:
The Washington Redskins are proud to inform you that you’ve won (2) tickets to Allstate Kickoff in the Capital, featuring Virginia Tech vs. Boise State, on September 6th, 2010!

Your winning package includes (2) tickets to the Virginia Tech vs. Boise State game and (2) wrist bands to our AAA Ultimate Fan Zone! Watch Virginia Tech take on Boise State on September 6th at FedExField and enjoy our AAA Ultimate Fan Zone as well!

The AAA Ultimate Fan Zone opens up (3) hours before kick off. Catered by Famous Dave’s, the AAA Ultimate Fan Zone includes DJ music, Arcade games and more. AAA Ultimate Fan Zone wrist bands additionally grant you access to our Luxurious Club Level post game for our Famous 5th Quarter Party.

Parking is included with ticket.
How cool is that!
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Congrats man, I def wanted to be there for it but it's definitely not looking likely now. Have fun!
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah I'd be interested in this too. I don't really go to many games because frankly I think FedEx Field is a crappy game experience and absurdly overpriced, but I got invited to opening night and I'm not paying for my ticket, so why not. But I don't know my way around the stadium/parking lots, so this could be fun.
F-51 Green Lot, DTC tailgate

depending on your company
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Haha yeah, depending on your company is right.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
F-51 Green Lot, DTC tailgate

depending on your company
i have tried talkin with those guys and they seem pretty douchy. we relocated our tailgate from what used to be green c21 last year to green e-43 when the lots got re-configured. still trying to get the tailgate back to what it was but we have a good time and we'll be goin all out on the 12th

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
redskinsdiehards
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
Years back I won a few tickets and they included the tailgate package. The food was ok and I can't remember if the beer was free or if they charged. It was pretty much just a tent with a band but I don't think I would pay $65 to go. Why not ask who here is going to the game with a car and hook up with them and chip in on food.

firstdown, that's a great idea.
redskinsdiehards is offline   Reply With Quote