Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What do you want to see in our next QB?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #106
Warthog
The Starter

Re: What do you want to see in our next QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
I agree with Warthog in principle but I also see the argument to playing Smith (better chance at winning games right now) until we're eliminated at least. While I don't hold out much hope of winning the division, the only way we make the playoffs, it is a possibility and you don't just turn your back on that possibility until it cases to exist.

I agree. Alex Smith may play a couple more games until we are eliminated. Also he pushes players like Cam and Steve Smith to see if they can be part of the revamped Offense of 2021.

Another issue may be that Rivera/Smith/Turner see something BAD about Dwayne that just eliminates him from the QB competition. Something not noticeable to us fans. Something in practice, preparation, etc. It wouldn’t surprise me if Alex finishes out the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2020, 11:41 PM   #107
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

He was a reach to begin with
Old 11-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #108
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Just read this summary in a mock draft that had us taking Lance.

With rumors of Dwayne Haskins’ time being up, the football team in Washington could be on the lookout for another QB in this year’s draft. Lance is essentially a higher-upside version of what Jordan Love was in 2020. As a redshirt freshman, Lance connected on 67-percent of his passes. He threw 28 touchdowns to zero interceptions. He also rushed for 1,100 yards and 14 touchdowns. Due to the FCS season being cancelled, Lance was able to showcase his skillset in just one game this season – a 39-28 win for NDSU in which Lance threw for 149 yards on 30 pass attempts (two touchdowns and one interception). The lackluster performance is unlikely to keep Lance out of the first round.

Also

Old 11-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #109
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

[QUOTE=Monkeydad;1265375]Just read this summary in a mock draft that had us taking Lance.

With rumors of Dwayne Haskins’ time being up, the football team in Washington could be on the lookout for another QB in this year’s draft. Lance is essentially a higher-upside version of what Jordan Love was in 2020. As a redshirt freshman, Lance connected on 67-percent of his passes. He threw 28 touchdowns to zero interceptions. He also rushed for 1,100 yards and 14 touchdowns. Due to the FCS season being cancelled, Lance was able to showcase his skillset in just one game this season – a 39-28 win for NDSU in which Lance threw for 149 yards on 30 pass attempts (two touchdowns and one interception). The lackluster performance is unlikely to keep Lance out of the first round.

I like Wilson or Trask or Jones..... One thing I noticed historically QB Heisman trophy winners don't fair well in the NFL. googled Ohio State QB's in Nfl and they haven't been that good either. I want someone who has at least 2 years as a starter (preferably 3 or 4)
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote