Democratic Primary Push for White House

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #256
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Democratic Primary Push for White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
If "mid game" means Russia had one foot in, one foot out and Russia could be swayed either way, i agree with that. No fly zone in N Iraq is different than Syria.

Hillary Clinton ran on a "no fly zone" policy in Syria in 2016. I think the risks would be to great and get us further complicated in the complicated Syria civil war.

-------

Retired senior US military pilots are increasingly alarmed that Hillary Clinton’s proposal for “no-fly zones” in Syria could lead to a military confrontation with Russia that could escalate to levels that were previously unthinkable in the post-cold war world.

The proposal of no-fly zones has been fiercely debated in Washington for the past five years, but has never attracted significant enthusiasm from the military because of the risk to pilots from Syrian air defenses and the presence of Russian warplanes.

Many in US national security circles consider the risk of an aerial confrontation with the Russians to be severe.

“I wouldn’t put it past them to shoot down an American aircraft,” said James Clapper, the US director of national intelligence, on Tuesday in response to a question from the Guardian at the Council on Foreign Relations.

Those who have patrolled no-fly zones over the relatively freer skies of Bosnia and Saddam-era Iraq fear that a President Clinton would oblige the US to what one retired US air force three-star general described as an indefinite “air occupation”. Such a move would risk the lives of US pilots – and dare confrontation with a Russian military which is more aggressive than it has been in years.

Critics of the plan also question how using US military power to establish and police a safe space for beleaguered Syrian civilians would contribute to the downfall of President Bashar al-Assad – the explicit goal of US policy in Syria.

“If she is not politically posturing, it’s going to be a disaster. I hope it’s political posturing,” said John Kuehn, a retired navy officer who flew no-fly zone missions over Bosnia and Iraq. Kuehn who called denying an adversary its airspace “the cocktail party military application of power of choice”.

David Deptula, a retired air force lieutenant general who commanded the no-fly zone operations over northern Iraq in 1998 and 1999, said the Russians were a “complicating factor” but considered the problems with a no-fly zone to be more fundamental.

“Until a strategy that defines the desired end-state is clearly laid out in a comprehensive way, it’s difficult to advocate for a no-fly zone,” said Deptula.

“Right now, the way it’s being discussed, it’s a solution in search of a strategy. Until coalition powers define what it is they wish to accomplish, banding about a solution like a no-fly zone is a non-starter.”

The challenges for a no-fly zone over Syria outstrip those the US has faced over Libya, Bosnia and Iraq. Assad’s surface-to-air missiles, protecting the Mediterranean coast and southern regions the regime still controls, were formidable before the recent Russian addition of what Clapper, a former air force general, called “very advanced” S-300 and S-400 systems that can blanket the majority of Syrian airspace with missiles.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-russia-us-war
Look I don't want to post quotes of the effectiveness of it or proponents of it advising for it. But if you think the Syrian Government would have challenged our resolve for implementing it...lets be honest, they had their hands full and could not have handling an air campaign against us...yeah, not happening, not close.

Plus, the no fly zone is extremely....flexible lets say. We chose how and when...and why. Before the Russians were 100 involved it should have been done...like ive stated the IRANIANS were the ones keeping Assad in power, not the Russians. When the Russians made the commitment...it trumped Obama. It was game over.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #257
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Look I don't want to post quotes of the effectiveness of it or proponents of it advising for it. But if you think the Syrian Government would have challenged our resolve for implementing it...lets be honest, they had their hands full and could not have handling an air campaign against us...yeah, not happening, not close.

Agreed. im sure you could find articles and quotes supporting the no fly zone or articles against the no fly zone .. and theyd both make sense.

Cheers to the weekend. Taping into some RAR 1st meal stout tonight .. and I know we can always agree that is a good thing.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:11 PM   #258
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Every country in the world has a preference on who they want the American president to be. The same way America does for other countries in the world. Y'all are just fucking obsessed with Russia.

Trump can't do anything about a country wanting him to be re-elected. If the house is so obsessed with Russia then they should review what the country is doing (going back to long before Trump) to prevent actual illegal interference and pass law(s) or include extra money in the budget, etc. to develop better ways to monitor and stop this from happening.

Whether Russia wants Trump or not, he isn't losing to any of these Democrat clowns that are running in 2020.
I guess you know more than US Intel .
Old 02-21-2020, 03:26 PM   #259
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I guess you know more than US Intel .
G1 are you gonna vote for a communist this coming election?

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2020, 06:40 PM   #260
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lol Chris Mathews on MSNBC saying the Bernie win in Nevada is like when the Nazis overran the Maginot Line in 1940

Right into my veins

He Gets Us
Old 02-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #261
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
G1 are you gonna vote for a communist this coming election?
You mean like you did a few years ago voting for trump?
Old 02-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #262
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Lol Chris Mathews on MSNBC saying the Bernie win in Nevada is like when the Nazis overran the Maginot Line in 1940
chico , keep rooting for the downfall of America
Old 02-22-2020, 08:23 PM   #263
Giantone
Gamebreaker

You are going to see this happen more and more................

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...173420544.html

Clint Eastwood Ditches Donald Trump for Mike Bloomberg in 2020 Election

Longtime Republican Clint Eastwood is pulling support from Donald Trump in the 2020 election. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the actor-director signaled that he thinks a different candidate would be the better choice
Old 02-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #264
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Always knew Clint Eastwood was a pussy! /s/
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:15 AM   #265
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
chico , keep rooting for the downfall of America
Hilarious...2020 is 2016 and they are not seeing it as it happens to them.

And now for Conservatives, will the monkey paw story come true against them?

He Gets Us
Old 02-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #266
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Common sense should point to the obvious reason Russia would support Trump and that is because they gain when our political house is fractured. And it is fractured because of the bizarre hatred and vindictiveness from both sides that they, the Russians, can - as you said - so easily manipulate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hmmm. CNN walking back reports. Note the last line
Quote:
Russia is interfering in the 2020 election, intelligence officials say, but the US doesn't have evidence that it's aimed at reelecting Trump -- only sowing discord

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:05 PM   #267
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Hmmm. CNN walking back reports. Note the last line

Enemy of the people. Fucking pathetic

He Gets Us
Old 02-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #268
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Right into my veins
Who is that pathetic clown pulling for? Of all the left wing journalists on TV he is the one I can't stand the most. I really enjoyed watching him damn near cry on the air when Trump won. He is definitely one of those that has zero tolerance for anyone who does not agree with him 100%. I always laugh at the hypocrisy of the left as they preach tolerance, unless of course your views don't align with theirs, then they want you thrown off a cliff.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #269
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I always laugh at the hypocrisy of the RIGHT as they preach tolerance, unless of course your views don't align with theirs, then they want you thrown off a cliff.

..................corrected it for you. Funny how easy that was.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:09 AM   #270
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Enemy of the people. Fucking pathetic

Yes, trump is! Nice you see the light now!