Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What would you most like to see this season?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 07:56 PM   #16
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: What would you most like to see this season?

$1.00 beers at the stadium.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2019, 07:58 PM   #17
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Keeping my hopes modest:

- When Haskins plays I hope he shows promise even if it doesn't add up to wins right away.

- It would be nice to see Guice have a strong season, plus with his personality he could own DC and be a very popular player league wide.

- I'd like to see Sweat be that impact pass rusher we kept waiting for Preston Smith to be.

- I want to see Landon Collins live up to his contract.

- Overall I just want a competitive team that is in the hunt come December, and please not another season ruined by injuries.
Yeah, this. All our rookies and new talent kick butt. I want this team to build from the draft rather than chasing overpaid, past-their-prime FA players.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #18
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I'd like to see Haskins have a great rookie season and prove that he is the franchise QB for the next decade or longer. When was the last time we had a real, young, franchise QB? I want him to be the answer.
Never? Sonny, Billy, and Joe didn't start for the Redskins until they were in their late 20's or early 30's. That goes back to the early 60's. that covers the NFL watching time of my life.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #19
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo bob View Post
never? Sonny, billy, and joe didn't start for the redskins until they were in their late 20's or early 30's. That goes back to the early 60's. That covers the nfl watching time of my life.
rg3
Old 08-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #20
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
rg3
He said young franchise QB, how is RG3 a franchise QB? RG3 was a one hit wonder.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 08-01-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #21
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

bruce allen fired
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #22
Warthog
The Starter

Yeah! Well let’s hope Haskins is the long-time franchise QB answer for this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:42 PM   #23
Warthog
The Starter

If Haskins is the franchise QB of the future, we’ll finally find out what it’s like to have a premier player who can make the team a contender EVERY season for the next dozen years.

Flyboy.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:42 AM   #24
budw38
Playmaker

To see a top 10 Defense . To be good ever week , and dominated our division home games . For our young OLine to look strong …. and for Haskins ( OSU ) to start to develop into a top young qb .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:55 AM   #25
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
If Haskins is the franchise QB of the future, we’ll finally find out what it’s like to have a premier player who can make the team a contender EVERY season for the next dozen years.

In today's NFL you need a top QB and a head coach to be a contender year in and year out. If Haskins is the answer I still think we are lacking in the coach department.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
In today's NFL you need a top QB and a head coach to be a contender year in and year out. If Haskins is the answer I still think we are lacking in the coach department.
When Jay had Kirk, our offense was really good, and we won games with terrible defenses. Jay isn't that bad
Old 08-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #27
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. I think Gruden is a good coach but I don't think he is an elite coach. I just don't see how he can survive this year UNLESS he hitches his wagon to Haskins and goes forward as the Hc to guide Haskins to the next level.

With either Colt or Case as the starting QB, I just don't see this team being 9-7. Both these guys are turn-over monsters. Especially with an average OL, if TW doesn't come back and a rebuilding WR group who will be playing rookie or second season WR like McLaurin, Cam Sims, Trey Quinn, Harmon and maybe Davis. 9-7 or better is what Jay is going to need to stay on as the HC under the "winning coach" scenario. I do believe Gruden could be given another year if Bruce Allen and Snyder think Jay is the right guy to teach Haskins how to become elite.

Flyboy.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #28
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
With all the crap Gruden has navigated and not lost the locker room I actually think he is underrated. I really have a hard time buying into we are going to suck this year. I fully understand why it is a common belief, but for some reason this year I can't buy into it.

- across the board the roster has been made younger and more talented (last three drafts)

- Kase Keenum might suck, or he might be Rich Gannon (their career stats to this point are pretty close). Gruden can get QBs to play to their potential.

- The injuries have to calm down at some point. Is there a stats guy on this board that can figure out far from the mean we have been the past two years? A full standard deviation?

I am probably wrong but I think we are in better shape than most think.

Anyway, Gruden has been able to accomplish more than any other coach not named Gibbs. It has taken 5 years but for the most part he has reduced the insanity and turned the ship in the right direction. I hope he sticks.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #29
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope View Post
With all the crap Gruden has navigated and not lost the locker room I actually think he is underrated. I really have a hard time buying into we are going to suck this year. I fully understand why it is a common belief, but for some reason this year I can't buy into it.

- across the board the roster has been made younger and more talented (last three drafts)

- Kase Keenum might suck, or he might be Rich Gannon (their career stats to this point are pretty close). Gruden can get QBs to play to their potential.

- The injuries have to calm down at some point. Is there a stats guy on this board that can figure out far from the mean we have been the past two years? A full standard deviation?

I am probably wrong but I think we are in better shape than most think.

Anyway, Gruden has been able to accomplish more than any other coach not named Gibbs. It has taken 5 years but for the most part he has reduced the insanity and turned the ship in the right direction. I hope he sticks.
We share same feelings about Gruden, I really believe not enough people give him credits for handling all Redskins BS stuff. Yes, Redskins have been an average team in last few years but all Redskins fans know Gruden were put on a very difficult path so I am appreciative of Gruden and his commitment to the team. Although I have to admit, there is one thing that I'm extremely frustrated with Gruden - it seems as if he is never able to get team prepared for national games..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #30
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

I wanna see a top notch defense and some good luck with injuries. This team has been besieged with injuries and is overdue for an injury free year. Think it will help our record a ton. Home fan attendance should be interesting this season.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote