Debating with the enemy

Old 01-27-2020, 07:19 PM   #436
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: trump Inpeachment...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
So do your posts.
Burisma will be the new Hillary Emails...get used to hearing it and get your liberal talking points in defense of a true piece of shit, Hunter Biden

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #437
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Burisma will be the new Hillary Emails...get used to hearing it and get your liberal talking points in defense of a true piece of shit, Hunter Biden
Against my better judgement and in all seriousness, why is Hunter Biden a piece of shit?
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:42 PM   #438
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Against my better judgement and in all seriousness, why is Hunter Biden a piece of shit?
I’m glad you asked.

https://www.businessinsider.com/hunt...ess-dealings-8

Nothing says quality person like divorcing his wife, mother of 3 kids to date his recent dead brothers wife...while also fathering the child of a DC stripper. He of course fought the paternity case.

He was also is into Cocaine and moonlights a crack head.

He got kicked out the navy for testing positive for coke.

Great dad huh?

Most jobs and access were given to him because of his dad.

Burisma...so run by an eastern block Oligarch...was offered a job to sit on board and has admitted he didn’t do shit for the company except be the Vice President son in order to get them out of a major investigation of fraud and corruption where they were having assets frozen.

I would advise you to look into Burisma the company...it crooked AF. They are a natural gas energy company...but not like your typical Exxon...their founder was in the Ukraine government and control access natural gas commodity.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 10:00 AM   #439
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
Nepotism? Yes. He got a job with a foreign corporation bc he was VP Biden's son.

Conflict of Interest? Probably. State Dept in 2014 sd there was no conflict bc Hunter was a private citizen.

Corruption? No. Actually the opposite. International community was pushing for this prosecutor to be removed bc he WASNT pursuing corruption against companies like Burisma.

Investigation? had nothing to do with Hunter's position.

https://www.axios.com/joe-hunter-bid...51759063c.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...asis-quicktake
https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...plained-2019-9
----------------------------------

Politics today is theater of the absurd imo.

Does Hunter and Joe have anything to do with Trumps impeachment? No. Do the republicans know this? Yes. Would the Dems do the same thing? Yes.

Should Trump be censored or technically impeached? Probably. Removed? No.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:10 AM   #440
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Nepotism? Yes. He got a job with a foreign corporation bc he was VP Biden's son.

Conflict of Interest? Probably. State Dept in 2014 sd there was no conflict bc Hunter was a private citizen.
Corruption? No. Actually the opposite. International community was pushing for this prosecutor to be removed bc he WASNT pursuing corruption against companies like Burisma.

Investigation? had nothing to do with Hunter's position.

https://www.axios.com/joe-hunter-bid...51759063c.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...asis-quicktake
https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...plained-2019-9
----------------------------------

Politics today is theater of the absurd imo.

Does Hunter and Joe have anything to do with Trumps impeachment? No. Do the republicans know this? Yes. Would the Dems do the same thing? Yes.

Should Trump be censored or technically impeached? Probably. Removed? No.
Yes, this whole thing is over a corruption case where the President asked to investigate corruption with the Bidens and Burisma. Hunter Biden is front and center of this entire issue.

You mean the Obama State Department said no corruption because Hunter Biden was on the board? Are you serious with this statement? A politically connected citizen then are not corruption targets...that happens to be a Son within the administration? The state department didn't investigate. Can we at least be honest in our discussion and not completely biased?

Sunnyside, so Don Jr working for an Oligrach within a corrupt nation is just fine? That would be ok...nothing to see?

Look at the timeline of events Ive posted...you are good with that?

Absurd is right.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #441
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Yes everyone rush to protect Hunter Biden.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #442
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Yes, this whole thing is over a corruption case where the President asked to investigate corruption with the Bidens and Burisma. Hunter Biden is front and center of this entire issue.

You mean the Obama State Department said no corruption because Hunter Biden was on the board? Are you serious with this statement? A politically connected citizen then are not corruption targets...that happens to be a Son within the administration? The state department didn't investigate. Can we at least be honest in our discussion and not completely biased?

Sunnyside, so Don Jr working for an Oligrach within a corrupt nation is just fine? That would be ok...nothing to see?

Look at the timeline of events Ive posted...you are good with that?

Absurd is right.
Corruption case - what corruption case is there that involves Hunter Biden? Burisma was "under investigation" before Hunter joined.

Trump saying he wanted Ukraine to announce and start an investigation into Hunter doesnt mean there was any actual corruption involving Hunter.

Corruption involving Hunter has never been articulated at all. The appearance of conflict of interest and him being susceptible to undue foreign influence is certainly there.

I personally wouldnt want a VP's son to be working for a foreign company bc he would be susceptible to foreign influence.

Yet to Trumpers ... "susceptible to foreign influence" is perfectly fine when it comes to the WH over ruling Kared Kushners denial of security clearance by the House Oversight Committee ..

She also reportedly told the committee that a background investigation into Kushner brought concerns regarding foreign influence, personal conduct and other business interests, according to the Post.

The issues raised by Kushner's background check were not made clear, but the Post reported in 2018 that foreign officials had allegedly discussed ways to influence Kushner by leveraging his business dealings and lack of foreign policy experience.

The United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico reportedly discussed such efforts, current and former officials told the paper.

The New York Times reported in February that Trump ordered Kushner be given top-secret security clearances despite concerns raised by the intelligence community. Cummings's memo did not mention Kushner or any other specific individuals, but Reuters reported Monday that Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, President Trump's daughter, are among the individuals who received clearance despite warnings from experts.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rns-of-foreign

--------------------

Its the hypocrisy from trumpers on the right and the far left that make this whole thing absurd to me. Hunter should have never been on that board, Ivanka/Jared should not be overridden by the intelligence community and given top secret clearance.

Bringing up Hunter's marriage and cocaine use? LOL ... dude, your trump guy has done way worse re moral character. How you can bring up a private citizens past and completely over look the parallel to the POTUS is ... astounding but sadly expected.

Chico ... you seem to be entrenched and bunkered down in your opinions. Thats your right but you seem to be yelling at people. IDk man ...
Old 01-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #443
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Corruption case - what corruption case is there that involves Hunter Biden? Burisma was "under investigation" before Hunter joined.

Trump saying he wanted Ukraine to announce and start an investigation into Hunter doesnt mean there was any actual corruption involving Hunter.

Corruption involving Hunter has never been articulated at all. The appearance of conflict of interest and him being susceptible to undue foreign influence is certainly there.

I personally wouldnt want a VP's son to be working for a foreign company bc he would be susceptible to foreign influence.

Yet to Trumpers ... "susceptible to foreign influence" is perfectly fine when it comes to the WH over ruling Kared Kushners denial of security clearance by the House Oversight Committee ..

She also reportedly told the committee that a background investigation into Kushner brought concerns regarding foreign influence, personal conduct and other business interests, according to the Post.

The issues raised by Kushner's background check were not made clear, but the Post reported in 2018 that foreign officials had allegedly discussed ways to influence Kushner by leveraging his business dealings and lack of foreign policy experience.

The United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico reportedly discussed such efforts, current and former officials told the paper.

The New York Times reported in February that Trump ordered Kushner be given top-secret security clearances despite concerns raised by the intelligence community. Cummings's memo did not mention Kushner or any other specific individuals, but Reuters reported Monday that Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, President Trump's daughter, are among the individuals who received clearance despite warnings from experts.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rns-of-foreign

--------------------

Its the hypocrisy from trumpers on the right and the far left that make this whole thing absurd to me. Hunter should have never been on that board, Ivanka/Jared should not be overridden by the intelligence community and given top secret clearance.

Bringing up Hunter's marriage and cocaine use? LOL ... dude, your trump guy has done way worse re moral character. How you can bring up a private citizens past and completely over look the parallel to the POTUS is ... astounding but sadly expected.

Chico ... you seem to be entrenched and bunkered down in your opinions. Thats your right but you seem to be yelling at people. IDk man ...
Look, like I said before, I kept quiet and waited for the house investigation but when the articles were draft without a crime...then I absolutely knew this entire thing was bullshit. Nancy knew she had gone too far and couldn't turn around so she had to do something.

Im not yelling, but I'm sorry, you cant circumvent the Constitution and electoral process because of partisanship. The threshold of crime was not met.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #444
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

So... the republicans best argument is, "lets not talk about the presidents corruption. let's shift the discussion to Hunter Biden's corruption." Even in the scenario where both Joe and Hunter Biden were found guilty of incredible corruption, it would not be OK for the President to hold up approved aid to Ukraine until that evidence was produced. That is an abuse of power for personal gain plain and simple.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:27 AM   #445
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Look, like I said before, I kept quiet and waited for the house investigation but when the articles were draft without a crime...then I absolutely knew this entire thing was bullshit. Nancy knew she had gone too far and couldn't turn around so she had to do something.

Im not yelling, but I'm sorry, you cant circumvent the Constitution and electoral process because of partisanship. The threshold of crime was not met.
I honestly dont know enough about impeachment proceedings, I slept through Con Law I and II.

Clinton is the most recent and relevant. He wasnt impeached for any specific crime but for obstruction of justice and abuse of powers. Trump was impeached for ..... obstruction of justice and abuse of powers.

Clinton testified under oath to Ken Starr. Witnesses were called.

Trump should testify under oath and witnesses should be called.

Pelosi and the House should have issued subpoenas then went to the court to enforce those subpoenas, likely drawing out the process by a year or so. They shouldnt have expected a republican majority Senate to do additional fact finding.

Is this all a farce? Im kinda split. You cant have the POTUS with holding congress approved aid bc he wants a foreign country to announce an investigation into his rival. At the same time, it doesnt rise to the level of removing an elected president.

Hopefully Trump is out by 2020. If not, Ill put my head back in the sand for another 4 years.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #446
SunnySide
Playmaker

Still have never heard any specifics about this corruption regarding Hunter Biden.

What specifically is he accused of doing?
Old 01-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #447
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So... the republicans best argument is, "lets not talk about the presidents corruption. let's shift the discussion to Hunter Biden's corruption." Even in the scenario where both Joe and Hunter Biden were found guilty of incredible corruption, it would not be OK for the President to hold up approved aid to Ukraine until that evidence was produced. That is an abuse of power for personal gain plain and simple.
Agree. What Hunter did has no bearing on the impeachment. I do think it is clever though because it does severely damage Joe's campaign which I believe is the main reason they are bringing up Hunter Biden.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #448
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Agree. What Hunter did has no bearing on the impeachment. I do think it is clever though because it does severely damage Joe's campaign which I believe is the main reason they are bringing up Hunter Biden.
Hunter Biden was the source of the corruption Trump sought out, correct? So if it found that indeed he was corrupt or laws were broken then vetting out corruption by the administration is justified.

So how is Hunter Biden not significant?

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #449
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post

Give me the source where the President laid out this conditions for aid

When you do, contact Adam Scheft and Nancy P. You are walking out theories not based on the evidence.

Can you answer, why wasn't criminal charges brought in the articles?

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #450
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Hunter Biden was the source of the corruption Trump sought out, correct? So if it found that indeed he was corrupt or laws were broken then vetting out corruption by the administration is justified.

So how is Hunter Biden not significant?
Did Trump say hey investigate this that would be great or did he say hey investigate this or I will withhold funds, I think that is what is on trial in the senate here not whether a president has a right to seek out corruption.

FWIW I think discussing Hunter Biden and Burisma corruption is a smart move by Republicans. I genuinely think it makes Joe un-electable.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote