Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

How likely is it Ron and the front office will pursue Aaron Rogers?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-25-2022, 12:18 PM   #46
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: How likely is it Ron and the front office will pursue Aaron Rogers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'd have no problem going all in for Russ, AR, or Watson.
Absolutely. You have to try, odds are we don't land any of them, but you never know...maybe one of these guys really likes Ron or mutual agent or something. Stranger things have happened. They have time to explore every current QB possibility while other folks study the QBs in the draft for plan B.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2022, 12:21 PM   #47
Ruhskins
Living Legend

A lot of people think this is the Vinny-led Redskins team. We have our issues, but I don't see why we cannot bring a big talent QB like Russ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We are all pretty smart football fans. The Wilson and AR talk is just a total waste of time. Neither are coming here so to me there is no point in even discussing it. Sure you can daydream I guess.

Why would Seattle trade a franchise QB in the prime of his career? Not happening.

Because Russ wants out and Seattle needs to think about a world after Russ. They can either be proactive about it and get compensation or have a public PR fight with their QB about trying to keep him in Seattle

Watson? I just don't see that as an option either. 1. He doesn't want to come here. 2. We don't have the draft capital that some of our competition has. 2 strong reasons why that isn't going to happen.

Until he's completely cleared of all of his legal issues and has cleared the court of Roger Goodell, Houston is not going to get the bounty they think they are going to get for him in a trade

We have to realize that this isn't the Redskins of the 80's and 90's. This isn't a destination that players like AR, Watson or Wilson will come to. In order for us to get that kind of player it will have to be through the draft.

We have young offensive talent, a lot of salary cap room, a winnable division, and a respected head coach. How is this not a good destination? Brady could have gone to a more talented Chargers team, but did not want to face Mahommes twice a year.

We couldn't even land Cooper when Ron offered more $ than Dallas. They saved us from a bad signing.

With the QBs we had on the roster, we were not landing anyone
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #48
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Used carpets perhaps?
No joke! I have been getting used carpets for free of late , its crazy! no one wants them after they are pulled out.

Been having a great run on used motor oil and toothbrushes as well.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:30 PM   #49
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
We are all pretty smart football fans. The Wilson and AR talk is just a total waste of time. Neither are coming here so to me there is no point in even discussing it. Sure you can daydream I guess.

Why would Seattle trade a franchise QB in the prime of his career? Not happening.

Watson? I just don't see that as an option either. 1. He doesn't want to come here. 2. We don't have the draft capital that some of our competition has. 2 strong reasons why that isn't going to happen.

We have to realize that this isn't the Redskins of the 80's and 90's. This isn't a destination that players like AR, Watson or Wilson will come to. In order for us to get that kind of player it will have to be through the draft.

We couldn't even land Cooper when Ron offered more $ than Dallas. They saved us from a bad signing.
I found if there is something i don't want waste my time on here talking about i just don't click the thread.

Perhaps you will enjoy the home improvement thread and wonders they are doing with use carpet over there.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:39 PM   #50
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Personally I have no issue with them trying to trade for a top QB; if they can pull it off, it's an instant upgrade. I just think a) it's incredibly unlikely for most of the reasons already given and b) its akin to the Rams win now approach. It might work, but its a formula for catastrophic failure if it doesn't. I can't see RR buying into that (though Danny definitely would).

AR is looking for a contender that his arrival would push over the top. We're not in rebuild mode, but we're not an immediate contender either (unless we miracle draft our gaps on O&D this year). I can imagine him in LV, Miami, Philly, NO etc. far easier than imagining him here.
Watson might come with the right offer, but I doubt he wants to, and all that legal baggage feels like it would turn out a hangover after a lousy night out, all the pain and none of the pleasure (Watson's already had the pleasure apparently).
Wilson might, but I agree Seattle aren't letting him stroll out the building. Would he work here anyway? Right now we have an unknown re the OL (Scherff?), 1 top WR, unknown at TE (will LT come back 100%?), questions about our running attack; he alone can't make us a top O, and losing the picks we'd need to land him, we couldn't add via the draft this year (and probably next).

I would chase AR but I can't see it being a chase we come close to succeeding with. For me, pick up best FA (DON'T trade for Jimmy G or Carr), draft a QB without reaching and if needs be, draft QB again next year.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:41 PM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Ruhskins - Wilson may or may not want out. Yeah his agent put out a "if Russ were to leave here are teams he'd be interested in" but that doesn't mean he is going anywhere. He is still under contract, is still a great QB and w/out any options behind him, they are simply not going to deal him.

As far as Brady goes he had two really good wr's in Goodwin and Evans. Those two you could argue are better than our best guy. Plus he had 2 solid TE's ( before Gronk signed) and a really good o-line plus warm weather and no state taxes. Tampa was a top destination for Brady, much better than here.

I'll give you Cooper, we had no QB here so he took less..

I still feel Watson is going to end up in Philly simply because they probably aren't sold on Hurts and they have 3 1st rounders. They could offer all 3 1st rounders and who could match that? We'll see what happens.

I see Trubisky coming here because .. 1. Ron if familiar w/ the people in Buffalo. 2. He was almost traded here. 3. The cost to get him here is low.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:43 PM   #52
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I found if there is something i don't want waste my time on here talking about i just don't click the thread.

Perhaps you will enjoy the home improvement thread and wonders they are doing with use carpet over there.
lol.. I just feel we ruin the quality of the board talking about things that are never going to happen. But I don't want to become the Schneed of the board so maybe I'll look at that home improvement section.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:44 PM   #53
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Teams with QB needs (and potential QB needs). What's the best destination?

Detroit: has the draft ammo, but does anyone really want to go to Detroit and their crazy ass coach?

Houston: no one on their roster, and are probably more dysfunctional than Washington. You also have to play the Titans and Colts twice a year.

Giants: they are a mess and will be in big time rebuilding mode.

Carolina: coach on the hot seat, but there is talent (CMC, Moore)

Atlanta: has offensive talent (Patterson, Pitts), would need to get rid of Matt Ryan (don't think this would be an issue).

Denver: popular destination, has offensive talent, but will now have a new coach. Oh, you play Mahommes twice a year.

Vikings: good roster, winnable division if Rodgers leaves. First year coach, will they be able to get rid of Cousins and do they have cap room?

Browns: also good roster, will they get rid of Baker?

Eagles: they are probably in a similar situation as Washington, minus the respected coach. They have the ammo for a trade. Will they get rid of Hurts?

Saints: good roster, excellent coach (if he stays). Do they have the cap room?

Bucs: good roster, but very high expectations after Brady.

Bears: I don't think they have a first round pick. And they are a mess.

49ers: would be a top destination, but they have a 2nd year QB that was picked in the first round.

Seattle: If they move on from Russ, what do they have? Metcalf is a top player. But their offensive line sucks and is one of the reason Russ wants out.

Raiders: good team with talent, tough division.

Steelers: excellent coach, good talent on both sides of the ball, competitive division.

Colts: will they move on from Wentz, good offensive talent and one of the best RBs in the league. Tough division.

Dolphins: Tough division, good talent, will they get rid of Tua?

Am I missing any other teams?
R.I.P. #21

Last edited by Ruhskins; 01-25-2022 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:53 PM   #54
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I am not sure Houston is looking after they way Mills played and Fields has very good potential in Chicago so i think you could rule them out other than looking for a solid back up.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:57 PM   #55
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Am I missing any other teams?
Steelers, Colts (possibly), Dolphins (new coach?). And I'd be inclined to take Houston off your list; I reckon they'll stick with Mills given his potential and what he showed this year.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #56
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Steelers, Colts (possibly), Dolphins (new coach?). And I'd be inclined to take Houston off your list; I reckon they'll stick with Mills given his potential and what he showed this year.
Good call, added them to my post. I don't trust Houston to make a good decision.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #57
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

To this day, people think we offered significantly more $$ to Cooper, but he chose Dallas instead.

WFT offered $23mil guaranteed. DAL offered $60mil guaranteed. Which one would you choose?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #58
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Offer this years 1st and 2nd to Chicago for Fields. New coach, new GM no draft capital so in a rebuild. See if they want to get their own guy in as QB
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:41 PM   #59
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Offer this years 1st and 2nd to Chicago for Fields. New coach, new GM no draft capital so in a rebuild. See if they want to get their own guy in as QB
fields is Hakins 2.0; nothing has excited me about fields.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:42 PM   #60
mredskins
MVP

what if we some how got AR and kept it quit and he announced on 2/2 he was coming here and the new name. probably be the biggest highlight since 1991.