Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

On to the Vikings (Pregame)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #31
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: On to the Vikings (Pregame)

Just don't rush back only to reinjure.

Not that they wouldn't be thoughtful about that. But if getting Scherff back to 100% means we have to sit him this week, I vote to sit him.

Hopefully he'll get to a point where the doctors say listen you're at no added risk to reinjure yourself, it's just pain tolerance now.

Same goes for others, though obv Scherff and Trent are incredibly important.

Advertisements
Old 11-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #32
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Just don't rush back only to reinjure.

Not that they wouldn't be thoughtful about that. But if getting Scherff back to 100% means we have to sit him this week, I vote to sit him.

Hopefully he'll get to a point where the doctors say listen you're at no added risk to reinjure yourself, it's just pain tolerance now.

Same goes for others, though obv Scherff and Trent are incredibly important.
Does it really matter if they rush back Reed? He is just going to get injured again. It sucks.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

It's terrible to say, but I would rather the OL sit this week. I know the Vikings front 7 are aggressive, and having our best players out there would give our offense a better shot at being effective, but I also think the risk of re-injury/aggravation is greater as well.

I guess that speaks tons to the confidence the defense has inspired because I think that they will keep the game winnable, and if they feel they need to put the team on their shoulders, that might make them even more hyped than last week, if that's possible.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #34
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Does it really matter if they rush back Reed? He is just going to get injured again. It sucks.
Nailed it. There's little reason to believe he can have a healthy year going into 2018 and 2019, either. Frustrating.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #35
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
It's terrible to say, but I would rather the OL sit this week. I know the Vikings front 7 are aggressive, and having our best players out there would give our offense a better shot at being effective, but I also think the risk of re-injury/aggravation is greater as well.

I guess that speaks tons to the confidence the defense has inspired because I think that they will keep the game winnable, and if they feel they need to put the team on their shoulders, that might make them even more hyped than last week, if that's possible.
Re: the bolded, we're just not doctors. We can't play armchair doctor with any reasonable credibility.

We can play armchair GM or armchair coach, but armchair doctor is something altogether different.

With some, you could still be in a lot of pain but have no greater risk of reinjuring than any other player does of injuring a healthy body part.

With others, you could have tolerable pain, but instability in the joint or muscle that leads to a greater probability of reinjury.

Have to leave it to the medical pros and trust they'll make the wise call.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #36
J. Falcon
The Starter

This game is going to come down to Defense and Turnovers. Though I would love to see us pour the points on, something like last year's game against the Packers would be sweet.
J. Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #37
metalskins
The Starter

I've been very disappointment with Reed when it comes to injuries. Not that I'm disappointed in Reed himself. When he's healthy, he's a weapon, but he just can't seem to stay healthy. I almost never expect him to play in all 16 games - that would probably be a first in his career if he ever did. But I'm not sure if he's even going to see the field anymore this season. As long as Davis continues to perform well, I say keep Reed out and let him heal up completely.

As for the offensive line. I definitely understand the idea of giving them one more week, but you also don't want to get Cousins hurt. That's taking a huge chance.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #38
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I've been very disappointment with Reed when it comes to injuries. Not that I'm disappointed in Reed himself. When he's healthy, he's a weapon, but he just can't seem to stay healthy. I almost never expect him to play in all 16 games - that would probably be a first in his career if he ever did. But I'm not sure if he's even going to see the field anymore this season. As long as Davis continues to perform well, I say keep Reed out and let him heal up completely.

As for the offensive line. I definitely understand the idea of giving them one more week, but you also don't want to get Cousins hurt. That's taking a huge chance.
Totally agree. If the doctors say they can play without risk of reinjuring themselves, then if I'm Jay I'm going to them and saying suck it up buttercup we really need you.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #39
Schneed10
A Dude

Cousins was awesome on Sunday, delivering several big throws while staring down the gun barrel, knowing he was going to get blasted. It won us the game and he deserves mad props.

But remember, he had to stare down the gun barrel knowing he would get blasted, and he got blasted.

I don't want him doing that more often than he absolutely has to.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Re: the bolded, we're just not doctors. We can't play armchair doctor with any reasonable credibility.

We can play armchair GM or armchair coach, but armchair doctor is something altogether different.

With some, you could still be in a lot of pain but have no greater risk of reinjuring than any other player does of injuring a healthy body part.

With others, you could have tolerable pain, but instability in the joint or muscle that leads to a greater probability of reinjury.

Have to leave it to the medical pros and trust they'll make the wise call.
I mean, obviously that's true, but usually there are percentages to risk levels, and I am saying as a team I would use a higher threshold of safety for this game.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 AM   #41
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

duplicate post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I hope they keep Davis in there. He's earned the right to be the full time starter.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #43
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Cousins was awesome on Sunday, delivering several big throws while staring down the gun barrel, knowing he was going to get blasted. It won us the game and he deserves mad props.

But remember, he had to stare down the gun barrel knowing he would get blasted, and he got blasted.

In a way, that was kind of a positive thing for Cousins to go through that. Worst possible odds, and Cousins delivered. He has to be beaming with a lot of confidence.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #44
calia
Playmaker

I think if folks on the O line can go, they should even if not 100%. The risk of re-injry is important and has to be calibrated for each individual, and we have to make sensible decisions, including whether going at less than 100% is going to render someone less effective than a backup.

But I am worried about the risk of new injury -- specifically, to Cousins -- if we don't have some of our starting O line playing. And if Cousins goes down, let's be honest, the season is truly over. And imagine how awful the contract discussions would be if he were to go out for the rest of the season after getting blindsided by Griffen (knock on wood).
Old 11-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #45
MTK
\m/

Quote:

He’s got balls of steel, those last two throws to Quick and Doctson were just clutch AF.

The question of whether he can play well without Jackson and Garçon has been answered. Because not only has he played well without them, but he’s played well with an atrocious offensive line now.