Burn it down: Redskins - Cowboys Post Game Central

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-01-2017, 08:52 AM   #16
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Burn it down: Redskins - Cowboys Post Game Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
How much as I want him benched, I'm not sure we have the bodies to afford that...
Why wasn't Brian Quick playing BTW? I thought he was back from his concussion, he didn't have any injury designation this week.
Bodies don't mean shit if you don't have discipline. We have lacked this for decades now. It's time we get a tough coach who's going to instill some discipline in this team. I like Crowder, but it's way past time to bench him. After last night, he has to be benched and made inactive.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #17
metalskins
The Starter

Simply put. You can't win in the NFL when you turn the ball over 4 or 5 times in a game. That's outrageous. You also can't sustain success when you have guys being carted off the field in each and every game. No offensive line. Only two running backs and we darn near lost Perine last night. Heck, almost lost Cousins.

I'm always emotional after a loss against those Cowpukes. We can lose every single game of the season, but if we beat the Cowboys, it's always a fantastic thing to me. To have been swept by that horrid team two years in a row, that is a bitter pill to swallow, because Cowboys fans are going to let you know about it. They love to talk!

Anyway, I'm fearing this team is headed toward, yet, another shake up by the end of the season. I just hope we keep Kirk Cousins. He's the biggest bright spot of this team. If we lose him, this team is starting all over again. It's like the same nightmare that keeps starting over and over again. We never get out of the rinse cycle.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:59 AM   #18
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
To me...it seems like Breeland and Fuller have been outplaying Josh. Even Dunbar on limited work has played decent. I wonder if Josh drop off is injury related? Call me crazy, but a move like Norman for a number 1 WR would be something Im interested in. Breeland play has been better and better as the season has wore on...maybe Gray coaching? I would make an offer to keep Bree.
Norman simply isn't a true shut down corner and shouldn't be paid as such. Take a pay cut or be cut.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Breeland got smoked last night. You guys are crazy if u think Josh isn't our best player on D.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:30 AM   #20
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Breeland got smoked last night. You guys are crazy if u think Josh isn't our best player on D.
He is overall on the season. But since the Vikings game I don't know if he's playing hurt or what but he's not playing good.
I feel like once he gets beat once or twice in a game he gets mad and makes mistakes.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #21
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I would make Crowder inactive for the rest of the season. Too many fumbles. Way too inconsistent. It's time to do the same thing he did with Matt Jones. The biggest problem with this team is discipline. Period. Injuries has set us back, but discipline continues to remain an even bigger issue.
Crowder has been terrifying me on punt returns every game now. I don't even care if we put someone back there who gets a net five yards on a return, just put someone there who can catch.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #22
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmmrr View Post
I put this entire s%$t Show on Gruden and Cousins. Gruden for not creating a game plan that takes into account the fact that our offensive line is held together with duct tape.

I put it on Cousins because it wasn't until the beginning of the second half that he finally realized that his offensive line was held together with duct tape and he couldn't just stand in the pocket forever.

In the first half of the game Cousins and Gruden seemed clueless to the fact that the offensive line was pure garbage. Like, let's try to run things regular and see what happens. OH, Crap, it's not working, now what do we do.
You have ZERO understanding of QB play if you put any of this debacle on Cousins. Doctson and Crowder had critical drops in the 1st half. The TD drive just before the half was ALL Kirk, with his 3rd down scramble on 3rd and long, then his brilliant throw to Crowder for a huge play on another 3rd and long, then a perfect back-shoulder throw to Grant for the TD. I can see Kirk taking a young Jacksonville, with a great D and running game, deep in the playoffs if he ends up there.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #23
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I say lets just rush 11 and try to block every punt. Let the ball bounce where it may. Putting Crowder back there is the worst option. He stinks at returning punts.

Why cant Maurice Harris return punts? Just let him fair catch it every time if need be.

What a dumb fuck answer by Gruden, even if true, you dont say that shit. That guy is straight clueless.

We need a grown ass man to be our coach. Hire the toughest son of a bitch we can find and give him the money to get the 2 best coordinators he can get.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #24
over the mountain
Playmaker

Some stats ..

We got 1 sack, 4 tfl, 2 PD, 4 QB hits

They got 4 sacks, 8 tfl, 7 PD, 9 QB hits.

Of course, Kirk dropped back 37 times compared to Daks 22 .. so a lot more sack/qb hit opportunities.

They ran the ball 42 times (4.3 avg) compared to our 19 (2.9).

4 TOs for us vs 0 for them.

TOP wasnt that bad, favoring them 32 mins to our 27
------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I walk away from this game knowing with certainty ... you cant win when missing some many starters and backups on O line. Too much of a play calling handcuff. You can only scheme so much.

Last edited by over the mountain; 12-01-2017 at 10:32 AM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #25
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Some stats ..

We got 1 sack, 4 tfl, 2 PD, 4 QB hits

They got 4 sacks, 8 tfl, 7 PD, 9 QB hits.

Of course, Kirk dropped back 37 times compared to Daks 22 .. so a lot more sack/qb hit opportunities.

They ran the ball 42 times (4.3 avg) compared to our 19 2.9).

4 TOs for us vs 0 for them.

TOP wasnt that bad, favoring them 32 mins to our 27
------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I walk away from this game knowing with certainty ... you cant win when missing some many starters and backups on O line. Too much of a play calling handcuff. You can only scheme so much.
When you play from behind your Offensive plays are going to be more pass and less run and the other team knows it and can defend it better.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #26
irish
Playmaker

IMO the Skins have been living on borrowed time and overachieving in spite of how decimated they are due to injuries. Last night it finally caught up to them and they got dusted. I don't think anyone can read anything more into it than that.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #27
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

People can blame Gruden all they want and yes he’s at fault for some shitty play calling at times, I don’t believe he should be fired.

Either people forget or are dilussional if you think you stay competitive with a makeshift OL, one RB, no TE, lose a decent WR to a concussion during the game, your best and fastest ILB gets nicked again and slows him down, etc. It’s amazing that they have been competitive, but time and good players ran out.

Allen and Kowitca need to be fired, I give Gruden a pass. The 49ers, Giants, Packers and Redskins have something in common, a
Shitload of injuries and how are they doing? Think about that.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #28
Schneed10
A Dude

Cousins was outstanding. He made plays when none were there.

The defense came to play at the beginning of the game but simply couldn't hold up - they were on the field too much. Dallas's offensive line will lean on you if you allow the Cowboys to get up on you.

Which brings me to Crowder. The mistakes and turnovers are what killed us. It let Dallas get ahead, and then they just pounded the rock. If you get up on Dallas, then it takes that element away, and they're not good enough to throw on you to catch up.

Crowder's mistakes lost the game. Jay sits at the podium after the game and says I don't have another punt returner to put back there right now. Doesn't matter, you're missing the point Jay. You have to send a message to Crowder and your team that that bullshit is not acceptable. Put anybody back there, doesn't matter who. They can't fumble it more often than Crowder. And it sends the needed message.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #29
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
He is overall on the season. But since the Vikings game I don't know if he's playing hurt or what but he's not playing good.
I feel like once he gets beat once or twice in a game he gets mad and makes mistakes.
Agree 100%. Fuller is currently our best DB.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #30
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Cousins was outstanding. He made plays when none were there.

The defense came to play at the beginning of the game but simply couldn't hold up - they were on the field too much. Dallas's offensive line will lean on you if you allow the Cowboys to get up on you.

Which brings me to Crowder. The mistakes and turnovers are what killed us. It let Dallas get ahead, and then they just pounded the rock. If you get up on Dallas, then it takes that element away, and they're not good enough to throw on you to catch up.

Crowder's mistakes lost the game. Jay sits at the podium after the game and says I don't have another punt returner to put back there right now. Doesn't matter, you're missing the point Jay. You have to send a message to Crowder and your team that that bullshit is not acceptable. Put anybody back there, doesn't matter who. They can't fumble it more often than Crowder. And it sends the needed message.
He would have put Harris in there but he went out with a concussion

Purveyor of fine Filth