Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should we be drafting Tua???

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2020, 03:25 PM   #16
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

IMO NO we have become the TEAM that likes shinny new things we never support what we have. DH will be a GREAT QB he just needs to know this organization has his back.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #17
Number44
Special Teams

Haskins + Young > Tua. And my son went to Alabama, so I've always been a big Tua fan. But drafting Young or trading down for a king's ransom are the best choices here, IMO.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #18
SunnySide
Playmaker

Surprisingly .... Im fine with either.

RR and team likes Tua that much, go with Tua.

If youre not convinced Tua is a franchise QB, go Chase Young.

Hell, if we get offered 3 1st R, im cool with trading the no. 2 overall (as long as we stay in the top 6 for 2020).

Id favor just taking Chase Young and not over thinking this thing though.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #19
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Haskins + Young > Tua. And my son went to Alabama, so I've always been a big Tua fan. But drafting Young or trading down for a king's ransom are the best choices here, IMO.
Possibly. However, the coaches could believe Haskins is a bust, Young is overrated, and Tua is one of the top QB prospects to enter the league in years.

QB is the most important position in professional sports. Pass rusher is a distant second post important position on a team. It all comes down to how the current coaching staff evaluates Haskins.

In a very small sample size, he has shown incredibly poor leadership, judgement, and commitment to being a pro. He's also shown steady improvement on the field. So its a mixed bag. What he does over the next two months is critical. He has the all the physical and mental tools. If he shows the leadership and commitment, I say you keep rolling with him as your starting QB and build around him. If he doesn't, then I'd really evaluate the QBs in the draft and go after one of them if Rivera and Turner loves him.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #20
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

You can win a SB with a really GOOD DEFENSE just ask Trent Dilfer.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:16 PM   #21
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
You can win a SB with a really GOOD DEFENSE just ask Trent Dilfer.
That was an all time defense, not just a good one

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #22
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

It's easy to say let's roll with Haskins and take Young...however, we'd all go back in time to 2012...keep the picks and draft Russell Wilson knowing what we know now. And Tua could very well be the next Wilson, we've all seen the talent and in huge games. He's got "IT"...and he's also gotten injured, even behind a good Oline. It's a tough decision. Would you draft Khalil Mack over Russell Wilson...if you already had Jacoby Brissett as your QB now??
Redskins247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:57 PM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
It's easy to say let's roll with Haskins and take Young...however, we'd all go back in time to 2012...keep the picks and draft Russell Wilson knowing what we know now. And Tua could very well be the next Wilson, we've all seen the talent and in huge games. He's got "IT"...and he's also gotten injured, even behind a good Oline. It's a tough decision. Would you draft Khalil Mack over Russell Wilson...if you already had Jacoby Brissett as your QB now??
Tua could also be the next RG3.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Possibly. However, the coaches could believe Haskins is a bust, Young is overrated, and Tua is one of the top QB prospects to enter the league in years.

QB is the most important position in professional sports. Pass rusher is a distant second post important position on a team. It all comes down to how the current coaching staff evaluates Haskins.

In a very small sample size, he has shown incredibly poor leadership, judgement, and commitment to being a pro. He's also shown steady improvement on the field. So its a mixed bag. What he does over the next two months is critical. He has the all the physical and mental tools. If he shows the leadership and commitment, I say you keep rolling with him as your starting QB and build around him. If he doesn't, then I'd really evaluate the QBs in the draft and go after one of them if Rivera and Turner loves him.
BHA I really don't disagree with you that much but I find this hilarious. Incredibly poor leadership and judgement, and commitment to being a pro? This reads not like a balanced and informed opinion, but like you walked in on Haskins banging your wife.

Is the kid the second coming of Brady? No. Is the kid Jamarcus Russell? Until he brings in a blank cd and tells Coach Rivera he studied the tape, also no. All you can say for certain (since none of us know the kid or work with him every day at Redskins Park) is that he showed drastic improvement from his first two games to his last two games. And that's with 3 rookie starting wideouts, a backup to the backup tight end starting, and an average offensive line missing its' best player. And a 34yo HOF running back getting most of the snaps for the year.

This is a no-brainer for me. You spend your 2nd overall pick on Tua, you have doomed your 15th overall pick from 2019 to being relegated to permanent bust status forever. Unless Rivera has seen enough to know he doesn't want Haskins around (which judging by his recent comments doesn't sound like it) it sounds like Haskins will be the guy. It's a 2 option board for me, you draft Young at 2, or you trade down and draft Young at 3 or a different guy at 5 or lower (after receiving a massive trade offer of course).
Old 02-27-2020, 05:27 PM   #25
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

No to Tua.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:34 PM   #26
httr198020
Special Teams

Absolutely not! We just draft Haskins last year in the first round. At least give him some time to prove he's not the guy before drafting another qb. If we were going to draft another qb it sure as hell shouldn't be Tua. This dude is injury prone.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:35 AM   #27
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I've got blinders on and I don't care, I want Young.
Here here.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:40 AM   #28
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

The only acceptable reason we don't come out of this draft with Chase Young, is if the Bengals make the right call (for them), and take him 1st overall.

Unless that's the case, don't care if it's even the Dolphins 1st round picks, I'll be upset if CY is not on our team.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #29
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No to Tua.
I would say no to him at #2 even if it was last year and we didn't have Haskins. I do not like his injury history. The NFL has gone crazy with the QB position as far as reaching in the draft. You watch, he won't be durable enough to play 16 games a year in the NFL on a consistent basis.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I would say no to him at #2 even if it was last year and we didn't have Haskins. I do not like his injury history. The NFL has gone crazy with the QB position as far as reaching in the draft. You watch, he won't be durable enough to play 16 games a year in the NFL on a consistent basis.
It's because KC moving up for Mahomes happened. You HAVE to have a QB, Chase Young is great but without a good QB he doesn't bring much value to the team from a winning standpoint. So I can see the logic