Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #76
irish
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
The NFL has changed. QB start sooner than before. What exactly is Dwayne learning by watching Case pass for 77 yards or in another game cause 5 turnovers? Or watch Colt put out similar numbers and lose. Case’s numbers are getting him to the bottom of the NFL. Yeah, worst QB in the league.

So what if Dwayne starts against a really good defense? He’ll LEARN from that experience. The problem with the Redskins is that they’re playing scared. So, Haskins had a 3 INT game. So did PEYTON MANNING as a rookie. We need to be getting experience for Haskins and all the rookies. Develop them and see what they’ve got. I’d rather play Haskins now and know whether he’s a dud or stud by 2021.

By the Haskins doubters reasoning, what happens if Alex Smith comes back next season and plays well? Do we give him another year off to “learn” more by riding pine?

Get him in there and see what he has!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All great points except for the notion that this team is playing scared. This team isn't playing scared, they think they can still slide into a playoff spot and are acting accordingly. Haskins wont play until it is 100% crystal clear that the playoffs aren't going to happen.

Until this organization stops lying to itself and its fans about what it is and where it is in the NFL pecking order things wont change.

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: The Haskins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
All great points except for the notion that this team is playing scared. This team isn't playing scared, they think they can still slide into a playoff spot and are acting accordingly. Haskins wont play until it is 100% crystal clear that the playoffs aren't going to happen.

Until this organization stops lying to itself and its fans about what it is and where it is in the NFL pecking order things wont change.
I agree and I don't see how anyone thinks a 1-6 team can make a run
Old 10-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #78
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: The Haskins Threat

With this upcoming draft being strong for QB's, they simply have to play him to find out if he's the guy. By trotting Case out there they're only screwing themselves. I don't even think they have the balls to admit failure on Haskins after one year. In other words if he plays and plays poorly they wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round next year a la Cardinals.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
With this upcoming draft being strong for QB's, they simply have to play him to find out if he's the guy. By trotting Case out there they're only screwing themselves. I don't even think they have the balls to admit failure on Haskins after one year. In other words if he plays and plays poorly they wouldn't draft a QB in the 1st round next year a la Cardinals.
Not if Bruce is still in charge, but as I was saying the other day from what I heard the FO is scared to play him because there is fear that if he looks bad the media will pressure the team to draft another QB and that would cripple their reputation even more
Old 10-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #80
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Not if Bruce is still in charge, but as I was saying the other day from what I heard the FO is scared to play him because there is fear that if he looks bad the media will pressure the team to draft another QB and that would cripple their reputation even more
Yeah and some ex-players like Portis worry the fans would turn on Haskins if he struggled. This franchise is such a mess in so many ways. No plan and scared to act.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #81
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah and some ex-players like Portis worry the fans would turn on Haskins if he struggled. This franchise is such a mess in so many ways. No plan and scared to act.
You think this fanbase wouldn't turn on Haskins if he struggled this year?

It is absolutely true, we have no plan beyond "fire Gruden if he gets off to a bad start."

What is Dan and Bruce's plan, beyond making Gruden the scapegoat for all the team failures?

Next offseason they will hire another HC, most likely from a weak group of candidates because no sane man will want to work for Dan and Bruce.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:59 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You think this fanbase wouldn't turn on Haskins if he struggled this year?

It is absolutely true, we have no plan beyond "fire Gruden if he gets off to a bad start."

What is Dan and Bruce's plan, beyond making Gruden the scapegoat for all the team failures?

Next offseason they will hire another HC, most likely from a weak group of candidates because no sane man will want to work for Dan and Bruce.
I think most reasonable fans understand a rookie QB is going to struggle especially on a bad team.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:50 PM   #83
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Who cares if the fans turn on him? If he's mentally weak then he's not franchise material anyway. But I highly doubt that. His make up seems to let things roll off his back and get on w/the next play. I don't see someone that's mentally weak at all.

Look at Daniel Jones? He sure has cooled off. But at least the Giants are all in. And they benched a 2 time SB winner, yet we won't bench Keenum. What a joke.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #84
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Who cares if the fans turn on him? If he's mentally weak then he's not franchise material anyway. But I highly doubt that. His make up seems to let things roll off his back and get on w/the next play. I don't see someone that's mentally weak at all.

Look at Daniel Jones? He sure has cooled off. But at least the Giants are all in. And they benched a 2 time SB winner, yet we won't bench Keenum. What a joke.
The Giants aren't lying to themselves like the Skins are. That's why they are all in with DJ.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
I think most reasonable fans understand a rookie QB is going to struggle especially on a bad team.
Id like to think most reasonable fans would understand a rookie is going to struggle and its more about the process than results .... but how many fans are reasonable?

A percent of fans wanted him to start week 1, no matter what. Now a portion of fans think he is a bust because its being leaked hes not ready and its week 7.

We HAVE to play the rookie at least 5-7 games to see what we have. If they dont start him against the Bills or Jets ... it would sadly continue a long line of indefensible illogical decisions.

I think (and kinda hope) the Vikes roast us and the noise to not start Haskins is to loud to ignore.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #86
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I expect him to struggle.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:37 PM   #87
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I don't see how it can get any worse.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:28 PM   #88
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The organization is at the bottom of the league and it doesn't look good anytime soon. I hope we get a good coach that has control
Old 10-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #89
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
I am all for starting him against the Jets. I could care how many turnovers he has. I just want to see improved footwork and learning how to protect himself better. I can't see the fans turning on him after what we have seen from Case and Colt. This team is headed for 1-15 with either of those two, so what do we have to lose?
Old 10-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #90
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I am all for starting him against the Jets. I could care how many turnovers he has. I just want to see improved footwork and learning how to protect himself better. I can't see the fans turning on him after what we have seen from Case and Colt. This team is headed for 1-15 with either of those two, so what do we have to lose?
If he's not starting against NYJ coming out of the bye something is seriously not right with this situation.