Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #46
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Colt Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schndr_tdd View Post
Colt is a mobile,strong arm,accurate,energetic QB.
Yes, he certainly was in college. He is also our 3rd string QB right now. If he is currently so mobile, strong armed, accurate, and energetic, why is it that he hasn't even been able to win the #2 job over a 38 year old, mild mannered, quiet, lead footed, mediocre-armed QB? Exactly.

Advertisements
Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #47
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yes, he certainly was in college. He is also our 3rd string QB right now. If he is currently so mobile, strong armed, accurate, and energetic, why is it that he hasn't even been able to win the #2 job over a 38 year old, mild mannered, quiet, lead footed, mediocre-armed QB? Exactly.
What has Jason done in the league? Look this is starting to become stupid. So i go back to my first statement. When he gets his shot he prove people wrong and everybody will convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
For the record, Flacco didn't "get it done" yesterday. 10-21 for 146 yards with a TD and a pick. The Ravens didn't win because of him

Also,

Ravens LT: Jared Gaither (2nd year, first full year as a starter)
Ravens LG: Ben Grubbs (2nd year starter)
Ravens C: Jason Brown (4th year, 3rd year starter)
Ravens RG: Chris Chester (3rd year, 2nd year starter)
Ravens RT: Who's starting there these days? Is it Anderson?

Falcons LT: Sam Baker (1st year, IR I think)
Falcons LG: Justin Blalock (2nd year)
Falcons C: Todd McClure (10th year)
Falcons RG: Harvey Dahl (2nd year, first year starter)
Falcons RT: Tyson Clabo (3rd year)

With the exception of the Falcons' center, we're talking about youth across the board for both lines. And guys getting the chance to develop together which is huge for an offensive line. I think the argument could be made that chemistry is just as, if not more, crucial than talent.
And if they weren't doing good like last year its because they're too young..This arguement can go anyway
Old 12-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #48
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeofmoval View Post
What has Jason done in the league? Look this is starting to become stupid. So i go back to my first statement. When he gets his shot he prove people wrong and everybody will convert.

Starting to become stupid? It's been stupid for a long time. Just on the flip side of what you're thinking. WTF has Colt done? You didn't answer the question. Why should he even get sniff of the starting job if he's not even good enough to beat out Collins for the #2???

Jason was in the conversation as a pro-bowl/MVP type player this year before the line starting giving way and Portis got so beat up.

He's completing nearly 64% of his passes, his rating is almost 10 points higher than last season, and he has nearly twice as many TDs as INTs. He's not setting the world on fire, but that's so much more the function of a new, complex offense (and a ton of dropped balls) than it is his play.

I wonder why there is no one with a football IQ over 15 suggesting Colt Brennan should be starting? Exactly.

Barring injuries to Collins and Campbell or a trade to a desperate team, that "shot" you speak of for Colt won't be coming any time soon. Don't hold your breath.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #49
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

GMScud:

You plead in vain for thoughtful posts laying out the the reasons why Colt should start. Support for Colt usually amounts to an attack on Jason and barely decipherable statements like "Colt's name is kewl" and "just you wait and see." I have yet to hear anyone articulate a reasonable and well-supported argument in favor of Colt.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #50
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
GMScud:

You plead in vain for thoughtful posts laying out the the reasons why Colt should start. Support for Colt usually amounts to an attack on Jason and barely decipherable statements like "Colt's name is kewl" and "just you wait and see." I have yet to hear anyone articulate a reasonable and well-supported argument in favor of Colt.
I guess I'm holding out hope that I'll either A) get an intelligent answer to my pleas for a reasonable explanation of why Colt is the next big thing, or B) someone will tell me they are just kidding and being antagonistic for the hell of it.

I have a feeling I'll get neither.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #51
prinzeofmoval
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Starting to become stupid? It's been stupid for a long time. Just on the flip side of what you're thinking. WTF has Colt done? You didn't answer the question. Why should he even get sniff of the starting job if he's not even good enough to beat out Collins for the #2???

Jason was in the conversation as a pro-bowl/MVP type player this year before the line starting giving way and Portis got so beat up.

He's completing nearly 64% of his passes, his rating is almost 10 points higher than last season, and he has nearly twice as many TDs as INTs. He's not setting the world on fire, but that's so much more the function of a new, complex offense (and a ton of dropped balls) than it is his play.

I wonder why there is no one with a football IQ over 15 suggesting Colt Brennan should be starting? Exactly.

Barring injuries to Collins and Campbell or a trade to a desperate team, that "shot" you speak of for Colt won't be coming any time soon. Don't hold your breath.
Yeah your right about the football IQ thing...I only clock about 26k per year on sports gambling(and i have the Y.t.d. to prove that). Don't let the amount of post fool you. I've been apart of this site for sometime now I just don't live on it. And if you read what i wrote on the first page i didnt blame nor am i blaming Campbell for last nights lost. I also said i wouldn't throw Colt into the fire also. Im a Colt fan yes. He's not the savior to this team. Yet i wouldn't bet the house on Campbell being a Hall of Famer let alone Multi Pro-Bowler. The guy has too many flaws that i don't see him fixing. Talk about system, JC had the best in Auburn. To hand the ball off to Ronnie or Caddilac isn't rocket science. To go 64% isn't stellar. So stop promoting mediocrity and fix the spots where we need to improve. Once again Colt isn't the savior but West Coast with those smaller recievers a beast for a Rb and the plays we draw up could be a pretty exciting show.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #52
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeofmoval View Post
Yeah your right about the football IQ thing...I only clock about 26k per year on sports gambling(and i have the Y.t.d. to prove that). Don't let the amount of post fool you. I've been apart of this site for sometime now I just don't live on it. And if you read what i wrote on the first page i didnt blame nor am i blaming Campbell for last nights lost. I also said i wouldn't throw Colt into the fire also. Im a Colt fan yes. He's not the savior to this team. Yet i wouldn't bet the house on Campbell being a Hall of Famer let alone Multi Pro-Bowler. The guy has too many flaws that i don't see him fixing. Talk about system, JC had the best in Auburn. To hand the ball off to Ronnie or Caddilac isn't rocket science. To go 64% isn't stellar. So stop promoting mediocrity and fix the spots where we need to improve. Once again Colt isn't the savior but West Coast with those smaller recievers a beast for a Rb and the plays we draw up could be a pretty exciting show.
Good for you on the gambling. I wonder how many sports handicappers make personnel decisions for football teams?? I don't really care how many W2G's you have...

64% isn't stellar, but it is pretty darn good,and he's improving from last season and the season before that. Sure he had a great backfield at Auburn, but he was a big reason his team went 13-0 and I believe he was named the best senior QB in the country.

Look, I don't think JC is flawless either, but you really think Colt doesn't have a ton more faults at this point as far as the pro game is concerned?? Colt may be good in a few seasons and warrant a shot. He may not. Either way, he won't be getting a look any time soon. People may argue that he should, but it ain't happening.

I wouldn't bet the house that Campbell will be a multiple pro-bowler either, but at this point he has a much better shot at that than Colt.

I don't think anyone around here is a Colt Brennan hater (in reference to your signature). I'm thrilled to have the kid on our team. I just think the suggestion that he's a better option for us than Jason this year or next is kinda dumb.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:30 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Executive decision... no more Colt threads for now.