Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ramsey to stay in DC

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 10:47 PM   #16
Scott
Special Teams

I heard a conversation today about brunell, evidentally in his last 3 seasons as a started he never started all 16 games in the season..now I don't know if this is true, but if so, Ramsey will get his shots...think back to win Schroeder was playing poorly, Doug Williams came in and cleaned house, so well that we traded Schroeder the next year.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #17
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Yeah, if Brunell wins the starters job, I am willing to be alot of money, he wont start 16 games.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:24 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

Rarely does any NFL QB start 16 games and take every snap. So chances are pretty good Ramsey will see action sooner or later.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:51 AM   #19
AnonEmouse
The Starter

OK, maybe we should focus on the positive with Brunell/Ramsey. Wouldn't you rather see someone like Brunell pushing Ramsey on (unlike Hasselbeck) and encouraging him to retake the starters job?

Just consider how many teams (Rams only spring to mind) have 2 starter quality QB's? Would you be happy as a defender seeing Brunell going down only to be replaced by Ramsey?

So many people here and outside the skins fan circle are focussing on a QB controversy instead of looking at all the things this adds to the team.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #20
ChounsMan
Special Teams

Bottomline Redskin Fans:

Coach Gibbs is back & I'm sure like his racing team he will find a way to win.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:16 PM   #21
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Matty, you are right that we have not been in salary cap hell (despite what the doomsdayers have said), but we have been unable to sign a large number of quality-depth players (i.e. the Pats) and so whenever injuries arise, we really get hurt (i.e. at CB, DL, QB etc).

The Pats depth is what made them able to overcome a rash of injuries during the season. If we lost 7 starters, we'd be screwed.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:24 PM   #22
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

We are not in salary cap hell, because it sure looks like we'll be able to grab whatever goodies we want yet again this year. Snyder has found a way around the cap, by tossing out huge bonuses out of pocket to allow him to get more cap friendly deals. That Spurrier and co. couldn't make the thing work is not the fault of Snyder and his cap moves. Gibbs and his staff will get the most out of whatever they sign. If they can really build the D in FA, Snyder will have shown that he's figured it out. His problem has been in who he signed (George, Deion) not in the contracts. Given how hyper-active we've been the last few offseasons, why are the Titans imploding, and we're looking to sign Kearse?
Old 02-26-2004, 01:27 PM   #23
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Matty, you are right that we have not been in salary cap hell (despite what the doomsdayers have said), but we have been unable to sign a large number of quality-depth players (i.e. the Pats) and so whenever injuries arise, we really get hurt (i.e. at CB, DL, QB etc).

The Pats depth is what made them able to overcome a rash of injuries during the season. If we lost 7 starters, we'd be screwed.
It seems to me that Belicheck (sp?) is the real reason for the pats success. He has a system and he can motivate a defense to stick to it. In the era of free agency, coaches are more valuable than ever. Given Gibbs track record with the 3QBs, etc., I figure we'll be pretty well off. Sometimes depth happens when everyone is totally committed to a cause.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #24
raleighskinsfan
Camp Scrub

I applaud Dan Snyder

I wish you guys would get off Dan Snyders back. Has every decision he's made been right? No. Would every decision you guys would've made had you been owner been right? NO. I am glad we have an owner who is willing to go out and make bold moves. If you want an old school owner who sits on his hands every off season, go pull for someone else. Most of the moves we made last year were good ones (i.e. Coles, Randy Thomas, Chad Morton)- indeed he has been begrudgeonly been given credit for changing the restricted free agent landscape. He is getting ready to pull off one of the biggest, if not THE BIGGEST trade in NFL history, and for god's sake, he got JOE GIBBS back! He is doing everything humanly possible, from a passionate owner's standpoint, to bring this team back to glory. I pray he never sells this team!
raleighskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #25
Phinehas
Special Teams

Isn't Kearse just the sort of splashy, big-name player that so many fans get down on Snyder for signing?

I have to admit that I totally do not get the whole Snyder-bashing thing in the first place. Especially not now, when Coach Gibbs is obviously large and in charge. It's kinda funny. When someone doesn't like a move the Redskin's are making this offseason, it gets blamed on "Li'l Danny's" interference. When they do like an offseason maneuver, it gets credited to Coach Gibbs' genius. I'm pretty sure that everything we are seeing is Gibbs' idea and that Snyder is simply doing whatever he can to make it happen. Now, it might not always be that way in the future, but I think that's how it is right now.

Sure, Snyder has made mistakes in the past, but at least he's done so as a passionate 'skins fan trying to make the team successful. I suppose if you've all been 'skins fans your entire life you might not realize how stingy some other owners actually are, or how often they sign players for how many tickets they can sell and not how many wins they put up that season. Personally, I'll take an owner who is passionate, even if it is to a fault at times. If Snyder wasn't Snyder, I doubt that Gibbs would be here today. And when all is said and done, I see more 'skins fans throwing around splashy names on this board than I hear coming out of the front office, even while those same fans criticize Snyder for his love of big-name players.

Just something to think about.

*steps off soapbox*

--Phin

PS: Yeah, what raleighskinsfan said!

Last edited by Phinehas; 02-26-2004 at 01:59 PM.
Phinehas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:27 PM   #26
skins009
Impact Rookie

If we were in suck good shape, we would have the money to resign Champ. He's gonna be a HUGE loss when he's gone. I"m telling you all that right now. Smoot will not be able to be the number one corner.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #27
redwagonskins
Impact Rookie

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD: CHAMP DOESN"T WANT TO BE HERE! If he did, he would have taken the contract at the beginning of the year. He wants around $8 mill per, thats 10% of the total cap!! Get over it, he's gone now let's concentrate on what it's going to take to fill in the holes.
redwagonskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:02 PM   #28
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Funny how we've been talking about the team going into "cap hell" for the last 5 years since Danny took over and it's still yet to happen. I look around the league and see several other teams in much worse shape cap wise.

If Danny knows anything it's how to run a business. He's not going to run the team into the ground.
No kidding enough of the Danny boy bashing. He's done a pretty good job.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:25 PM   #29
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagonskins
GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD: CHAMP DOESN"T WANT TO BE HERE! If he did, he would have taken the contract at the beginning of the year. He wants around $8 mill per, thats 10% of the total cap!! Get over it, he's gone now let's concentrate on what it's going to take to fill in the holes.
That's the thing that alot of people, including alot of the media who love to bash the Skins are convienently overlooking...the fact that Champ wants out.

I'm sorry but the deal he was offered was very fair. If we upped the offer critics would laugh and say we over paid, we can't win either way.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 05:33 PM   #30
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

CHUMP,do'nt let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.

i for one will not miss champ,it's clear he never intended to be a lifelong redskin.his offer was way past fair,it was insanely fair.have confidence in the coaching staff,unlike the past dc's,williams knows what he's doing.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote