Will Snyder be pushed out?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Will Snyder be pushed out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Not necessarily. A lot of people realize it's a serious accusation.

The media's apocalyptic claims are what created the big letdown...business as usual for them.

You can be both relived about it not being more and also realize the severity of what DID happen and not be a bad person.
Cryptic media bullshitting everyone days b4 this is release was typical fake news that is somehow acceptable to our society.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #32
mredskins
MVP

Quote:

The media's apocalyptic claims are what created the big letdown...business as usual for them.

You can be both relieved about it not being more and also realize the severity of what DID happen and not be a bad person.
Thank you.

Hate to quote our president but "fake news" prime example here.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #33
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If Snyder was your run of the mill owner (i.e. Khan, Blank, etc., etc.), my answer would be no.

But given all the headaches he's given the league and he's not popular with his peers, it would not surprise me if he's pushed out.

This is my hope. Any other owner would be facing disciplinary action in the way of losing picks fines etc, but this guy isn’t going to have any friends when push comes to shove. I really think his past actions of firing people is going to come back to haunt him. The recent firings aren’t going to be looked at like “hey he heard about what was going on and did the right thing”. It is going to be “this guy was trying to keep this on the DL and knew and didn’t want it to come out”. It will boil down to when did he know, and if it comes to light that he knew all along that is severe enough to warrant his removal imo.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:51 AM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
And you think Snyder as an owner is viewed the same way as Cuban?

Also, when you downplay the severity of this, you're down playing sexual harassment and the terrible things these women went through. I don't get this reaction from people all over Twitter: "Oh bummer, it's just sexual harassment."
I think people are downplaying the severity of this because a lot of us wanted it to be bad enough to force Dan out. I personally am not seeing that.

Yes it's still despicable that this has been going on inside the Redskins organization for almost 2 decades now. But it's not surprising based on old history. We should not be minimizing the trauma the girls suffered, but the reality is most of us work in similar conditions. I've had coworkers get transferred out for sexually harassing women from other departments (my department itself is 95% men inside the shops, and there's about 10-15 women who work at the government center who we only interact with on the phone or email).

It's a shame they had to tolerate what they did, but what's the solution? The employees responsible have been fired/retired, reform is coming, the HR department will grow, Ron has already said his door is open to everyone, the victims involved will receive settlements (if they haven't already) and hopefully with time and whatever help they need will have found a suitable work environment.

Beth Wilkinson will put out a report detailing exactly the failures, somebody will get the blame (I'm sure Snyder mostly because he runs the ship), Snyder will say what he's done to improve the culture, the NFL will give him a fine at minimum, or force him out at maximum (the real question is have the other owners had enough? Or do they not want their own dirty laundry uncovered?). At the end of the day, everybody will still move on. This doesn't feel like the final nail in Snyder's coffin though.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #35
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
i think people are downplaying the severity of this because a lot of us wanted it to be bad enough to force dan out. I personally am not seeing that.

Yes it's still despicable that this has been going on inside the redskins organization for almost 2 decades now. But it's not surprising based on old history. We should not be minimizing the trauma the girls suffered, but the reality is most of us work in similar conditions. I've had coworkers get transferred out for sexually harassing women from other departments (my department itself is 95% men inside the shops, and there's about 10-15 women who work at the government center who we only interact with on the phone or email).

It's a shame they had to tolerate what they did, but what's the solution? The employees responsible have been fired/retired, reform is coming, the hr department will grow, ron has already said his door is open to everyone, the victims involved will receive settlements (if they haven't already) and hopefully with time and whatever help they need will have found a suitable work environment.

Beth wilkinson will put out a report detailing exactly the failures, somebody will get the blame (i'm sure snyder mostly because he runs the ship), snyder will say what he's done to improve the culture, the nfl will give him a fine at minimum, or force him out at maximum (the real question is have the other owners had enough? Or do they not want their own dirty laundry uncovered?). At the end of the day, everybody will still move on. This doesn't feel like the final nail in snyder's coffin though.
this
Old 07-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

You can be both relieved about it not being more and also realize the severity of what DID happen and not be a bad person.
You know what's funny (not really)?

I got burnt by this media guy who worked in the DC market at some point.

Apparently he works for Tucker Carlson now and before that worked for Cambridge Analytica (the sheisty group that was running fake news on FB to influence the 2016 election in Trump's favor).

So yeah, I agree, there was definitely certain media members out there who either exaggerated the story for personal gain or ran with unverifiable parts.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #37
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I believe it depends on the extent of the NFL's investigation, no matter how you slice it the league has to be embarrassed by the consistent turmoil this team brings every yr. There are plenty of rumors out there from legit insiders with the team but until a formal report comes out naming Snyder, I don't see him leaving this yr
Old 07-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #38
Ruhskins
Living Legend

For those that are "disappointed" perhaps you should be more careful of which media members you follow and believe.

IMO, a lot of the people that I follow and trust (Keim, Julie Donaldson, JP, Michael Phillips) didn't hype this up as others did. I think Phillips was basically telling people, stop getting hyped up.

Also, perhaps some media folks were reacting to the fact that not only were female Redskins employees being harassed, but also two members of the media. Now I get Julie Donaldson's "sad and disappointing" comment she made regarding this.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #39
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Old 07-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #40
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cryptic media bullshitting everyone days b4 this is release was typical fake news that is somehow acceptable to our society.

typical anti media BS.

Julie Donaldsons tweet was spot on and not her story to break.
WE the fans ran wild with speculation.

This is on us and our need for TMZ style breaking news.

WaPo report was well written and released properly.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #41
jamf
Pro Bowl

Where's the apology to the Victims?
Snyder is clueless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Old 07-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #42
Monkeydad
Living Legend

That's what passes for an apology in today's media and society. He's just playing the game.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #43
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Where's the apology to the Victims?
Snyder is clueless.
They are all acquisitions at this point. The only real evidence i see is the Mann text and seriously that is complete nothing.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #44
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
typical anti media BS.

Julie Donaldsons tweet was spot on and not her story to break.
WE the fans ran wild with speculation.

This is on us and our need for TMZ style breaking news.

WaPo report was well written and released properly.
No, we the fans didn't create the crazy speculation. It was sold to us by "journalists" on their Twitter.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #45
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No, we the fans didn't create the crazy speculation. It was sold to us by "journalists" on their Twitter.
Show me the Media Report that Snyder and Epstein are linked.
That's on the fans.

"journalist" tweeting rumors isn't the boogeyman media you speak about.