D 1 1.69%
F 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Draft Grades

Gave it an A.

As rocnrik said, we won't know after a few years how good this draft was.

But when you look back at previous years ( National Football League: NFL Draft History - by Team ) we barely got 1 to 3 really productive players per draft (2016: Cravens, Doctson ? wait and see, Fuller ? wasn't consistant but has potentiel. 2015: Scherff, Crowder, Kouandjio, Smith?, Matt Jones?. 2014: Moses, Long, Murphy?, Breeland ? ...).

If we're lucky we could get at least 4 productive players out of this one, and, wether we drafted BPA or need, we ended up with filling up a lot of holes.

With what we know right now, I'm happy.

Offense will be at least as good as last year if we improve the run game. Defense just got a lot better (FA + draft), I don't see anything standing between us and being a playoff team.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 05-03-2017 at 01:41 PM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #17
53Fan
Franchise Player

I give it an A. Word on the TE, Center, and Receiver we got in the lower rounds were excellent picks.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #18
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

I Been a fan forever,one of the best ever drafts in skins history ON PAPER.let,s just hope it converts to the field.
insane4theskinsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

I wasn't aware that this kid also played Guard (very well, btw) and was definitely solid at C too.

I'm liking this draft even more now!

Chase Roullier named one of the best mid-round draft gems
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 01:29 AM   #20
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
I wasn't aware that this kid also played Guard (very well, btw) and was definitely solid at C too.

I'm liking this draft even more now!

Chase Roullier named one of the best mid-round draft gems
Cooley said he was Spencer Long. Not big, not fast, but quick, smart, and good technique.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:11 PM   #21
Bangee7
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Cooley said he was Spencer Long. Not big, not fast, but quick, smart, and good technique.
Well, I hope Cooley's right on that....it would be a good thing for the 'Skins.

We have the pass pro thing figured out, just need to get some holes going for the backs and really get the running game going, especially in the red zone!
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #22
53Fan
Franchise Player

5 reasons to be optimistic about the Redskins' 2017 draft class
Old 05-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Joshua Holsey Showed When Healthy He Can Compete With The Best

Here is my early pick for training camp hero. Gruden already said he is going in the slot to compete...I think he can. Writings on the wall for breeland and fuller is a boundary corner only. My feeling is fuller/Fabian competition opposite Norman on the outside. Breeland/Holsey competition for the slot.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #24
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Joshua Holsey Showed When Healthy He Can Compete With The Best

Here is my early pick for training camp hero. Gruden already said he is going in the slot to compete...I think he can. Writings on the wall for breeland and fuller is a boundary corner only. My feeling is fuller/Fabian competition opposite Norman on the outside. Breeland/Holsey competition for the slot.
I agree. Holsey looks like a nice addition. I do not know who made the picks.... whoever it is deserves a lot of credit. The strategy looks like it was the BPA at a position of need.. I think there will be more than 5 picks make the team and a few more on the practice squad ... if they can hide them there. or they will be on IR
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I agree. Holsey looks like a nice addition. I do not know who made the picks.... whoever it is deserves a lot of credit. The strategy looks like it was the BPA at a position of need.. I think there will be more than 5 picks make the team and a few more on the practice squad ... if they can hide them there. or they will be on IR
The front seven has gotten most of the attention on the defense this offseason...the secondary has been totally revamped. The battles in camp will be most entertaining in this space more than any other spot on the team. Sans the rob Kelly vs the bowling ball from Oklahoma...that's gonna be awesome.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #26
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
The front seven has gotten most of the attention on the defense this offseason...the secondary has been totally revamped. The battles in camp will be most entertaining in this space more than any other spot on the team. Sans the rob Kelly vs the bowling ball from Oklahoma...that's gonna be awesome.
I do not see a Kelly vs Perine battle. I think both will play.

The battle will be in the secondary, just to make the team. Then they will fight for the #2 CB and both safety spots. I think Norman is the only lock to start. Swearinger probably starts.... not sure which S spot though. Then plenty of competition for the nickel and dime spots as well.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #27
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I gave it an A. Allen has the makings of being our best first round pick since Cris Samuels. If we have a perennial pro bowler then that alone makes this draft successful. I like the value of most the picks. We were able to take BPA (mostly), fill needs, find leaders, and good fits to compliment our existing talent. But what really tipped it over to an A for me is that they were patient, didn't panic, tried to trade up for good value but only for the right price, and didn't reach terribly except for maybe one pick.

Trent Williams gets no love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2017, 05:08 AM   #28
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
nice article...ole profootballfocus. I remember back when folks were super-hatting on that site.

Roullier and Callahan need to bond...like to see Luavo get pushed at LG
Site is shit.

Nicholson played on a bad shoulder all year at Safey. Guy is an athletic phenom. He should of stayed another year but will be a good player for us and possible starter by year 3.

Little tidbit of info. Nicholson was recruited by our DB coach Gray when he coached at VT. Thinks highly of him. Can probably coach him up quick.

Give the draft a B+. Would of liked Williams over Anderson but both are great football players.

Nice theme is we are starting to get guys who will punch you in the mouth on defense.

Anderson
Norman
Moreau
Allen
Brown

Something we have lacked forever.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #29
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Site is shit.

Nicholson played on a bad shoulder all year at Safey. Guy is an athletic phenom. He should of stayed another year but will be a good player for us and possible starter by year 3.

Little tidbit of info. Nicholson was recruited by our DB coach Gray when he coached at VT. Thinks highly of him. Can probably coach him up quick.

Give the draft a B+. Would of liked Williams over Anderson but both are great football players.

Nice theme is we are starting to get guys who will punch you in the mouth on defense.

Anderson
Norman
Moreau
Allen
Brown

I've come to appreciate PFF's work more than I once did. Although I agree with you that the short-term grades they do are shit, I think they are able to uncover much of the truth in their long-term grades.

The short-term stuff they do is just to keep up people's interest by having a product to sell during the season. An analysis that is quickly and sloppily thrown together to rank players on a game-by-game basis doesn't work.

I like the fact that, in their grading, reputation and measurements don't taint he process. It's all about how a player actually performs on the field. Yet, PFF is just one tool to use in evaluating a player. I think it's useful, at least as a cross-check.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #30
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Site is shit.

Anderson
Norman
Moreau
Allen
Brown

I am certainly no expert but I don't think Moreau falls into that category from what I have seen and read. He is great talent but not hard by any measure.