Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


D.J. Swearinger released

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Do you approve of the release of DJ Swearinger?
Yes 29 67.44%
No 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #151
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,226
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Maybe I am not understanding your statement but coaches do this and they should. Every week Gruden calls out players in his presser. He should there is nothing wrong with accountability.
No he doesn't. Not at all. He is very protective of his players and coaches.

Gruden always protects his players as much as possible in the media after games.

The lone exception was when RG3 came out and started talking bad about the other players.

Accountability happens in the meeting room not the media.

What good organizations let their players bad mouth coaches and front office through the media? Even if everything is true.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #152
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26,212
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Well known Gruden is a players coach...I think too a fault.
__________________
The League Done Messed Up
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #153
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,226
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...-dj-swearinger

A write up by Finley.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:34 AM   #154
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,727
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

I have one fear.

What if DJ being released (instead of just suspended for the final game) is somewhat of an endorsement of the coaching staff by the FO ?

I mean, if Jay and Manusky were getting canned next week, wouldn't you let it up to the next HC to decide if he wants to deal with a way too loud but overall solid player ?

I hope I'm wrong but, while I think cutting DJ was a painful but appropriate move, pretty much nobody expected that big of a sanction... So isn't it a signal that the FO is supporting the coaching staff?

Simple way to read it would be we got rid of a locker room distraction... but... IDK... I just don't want to be stuck with another year of mediocrity and false hopes...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #155
metalskins
The Starter
 
metalskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,463
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I have one fear.

What if DJ being released (instead of just suspended for the final game) is somewhat of an endorsement of the coaching staff by the FO ?

I mean, if Jay and Manusky were getting canned next week, wouldn't you let it up to the next HC to decide if he wants to deal with a way too loud but overall solid player ?

I hope I'm wrong but, while I think cutting DJ was a painful but appropriate move, pretty much nobody expected that big of a sanction... So isn't it a signal that the FO is supporting the coaching staff?

Simple way to read it would be we got rid of a locker room distraction... but... IDK... I just don't want to be stuck with another year of mediocrity and false hopes...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk


Someone on Twitter said that John Keim pointed out a strong possibility that both Gruden and Allen will be back next season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Reserved for a witty signature.
metalskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #156
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 782
D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Someone on Twitter said that John Keim pointed out a strong possibility that both Gruden and Allen will be back next season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


And that’s what upsets me. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, knows Allen, Manusky, and possibly Gruden need to go.

Yet, instead of Snyder removing the root of the problem they’ll simply cut our pro bowl talents who are speaking OF the problems going on behind closed doors. The same problems Foster, Norman, Brown have spoken about..

This front office and coaching staff have NO CREDIBILITY at this point, and they’ve proven that with their record and decisions over the past 5-6 years. Yet their decisions are being trusted to cut the talent we DO have.

It’s like a regime killing off protesters to keep the truth quiet.

You are what your record is, and that’s exactly what Bruce Allen and Gruden are.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #157
EdmundDorf
Special Teams
 
EdmundDorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK, South
Posts: 233
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

The irony is that DJ speaking out may have been the thing that saved Manusky's job, the front office probably don't want to appear to have allowed a players public opinion to sway their decisions
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:51 AM   #158
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 782
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
The irony is that DJ speaking out may have been the thing that saved Manusky's job, the front office probably don't want to appear to have allowed a players public opinion to sway their decisions


And that’s the same level of nepotism and decision making that’s haunted this organization since 99.

But people support the DJ move, because they can’t see the bigger picture here

People laughed when I said it was a ploy.....we’ll see


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #159
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,454
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

What does the safety tandem of DJ and HaHa have to do with DJ's release? Nothing. Neither he nor HaHa is anything special.

Let me simplify this for you. You can't talk shit about the coaches in the media after you've talked shit about the coaches in the media before and been told by the HC not to talk any more shit about the coaches in the media. I think it's clear that he was released for talking more shit about coaches in the media after he was warned not to do that anymore.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #160
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie
 
5superbowls3wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 782
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What does the safety tandem of DJ and HaHa have to do with DJ's release? Nothing. Neither he nor HaHa is anything special.



Let me simplify this for you. You can't talk shit about the coaches in the media after you've talked shit about the coaches in the media before and been told by the HC not to talk any more shit about the coaches in the media. I think it's clear that he was released for talking more shit about coaches in the media after he was warned not to do that anymore.


What I meant by that is DJ and HaHa are the most talent and closet thing we’ve had to Taylor and Landry. That’s a LONG time, and since then this shit hole of an organization hasn’t been able to replace that.

Now our shit hole of an incompetent coaching staff cut him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #161
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 2,608
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
No he doesn't. Not at all. He is very protective of his players and coaches.

Gruden always protects his players as much as possible in the media after games.

The lone exception was when RG3 came out and started talking bad about the other players.

Accountability happens in the meeting room not the media.

What good organizations let their players bad mouth coaches and front office through the media? Even if everything is true.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
He called out Alex Smith for not hitting open targets. He called out Trent for a penalty that killed a drive etc etc. it is not only RG3 he has criticized. The players need to hear that from the HC
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #162
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,226
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
He called out Alex Smith for not hitting open targets. He called out Trent for a penalty that killed a drive etc etc. it is not only RG3 he has criticized. The players need to hear that from the HC
https://www.redskins.com/video/jay-g...ayers-competed

Just listened to the post giants presser. He didn't throw anyone under the bus.

He came out and said they competed after that s show.

You're right there are examples here and there probably when asked about specific plays?

But generally he is protective and I believe he should be.

A team can't have an "it's us versus the world" mentality when airing it in the media.



Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 12-26-2018 at 11:24 AM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #163
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 2,226
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

And Smoot weighs in:

https://twitter.com/BurgundyBlog/sta...851950082?s=20

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:34 AM   #164
T.O.Killa
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,061
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He is a Pro Bowl alternate and evwryone knows the Pro Bowl is watered down hot garbage. The two best teams don't send their players. DJ is a solid player who can be replaced. That is obvious since he will now be on his 5tth team if someone signs him. No need for loud mouthed cry babies.
Oh really, keep defending our disgrace for an organization. Had he played on the Cowboys, or any respectable team this year, he would have been an all pro. But he played for the idiots of the NFL. Didn't take him long to get a job. He was one of the best values for the money on our team.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #165
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 3,616
Re: D.J. Swearinger released

Swearinger has also mentioned laid back practices and poor preparation....this team isn't where it is only because of injuries....substandard coaching is involved too....
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.13636 seconds with 11 queries