Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"You Like That?!" It's Cousins / Viks Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #16
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: "You Like That?!" It's Cousins / Viks Pregame Thread

Only watching to see how McLaurin plays against an elite corner in Xavier Rhodes.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Old 10-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #18
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

JP Finlay’s podcast has some good/bad stuff:

Scherff wants to remain a Redskin per himself, won’t do anything with contract till season is over.
Callahan wants to stick with Keenum for the rest of the season

Scherff interview at 12:05 of podcast

https://art19.com/shows/redskin-talk...5-69cfe6e56ba4

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #19
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
JP Finlay’s podcast has some good/bad stuff:

Scherff wants to remain a Redskin per himself, won’t do anything with contract till season is over.
Callahan wants to stick with Keenum for the rest of the season

Scherff interview at 12:05 of podcast

https://art19.com/shows/redskin-talk...5-69cfe6e56ba4
I spoke with a former NFL QB (works with me at PFF) who is very close to Jay Gruden and he says that inside the Skins offices there are already concerns about Haskins and they will not play him because " Dan and Bruce do not want to admit they were wrong at the QB position again"

After hearing the news of Callahan saying he doesn't plan on playing Dwayne at all, there is a red flag to me in today's NFL where rookies always play.

Gardner Minshew is starting for god sakes
Old 10-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #20
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I spoke with a former NFL QB (works with me at PFF) who is very close to Jay Gruden and he says that inside the Skins offices there are already concerns about Haskins and they will not play him because " Dan and Bruce do not want to admit they were wrong at the QB position again"

After hearing the news of Callahan saying he doesn't plan on playing Dwayne at all, there is a red flag to me in today's NFL where rookies always play.

Is Gardner Minshew starting because he beat out the competition for the job or is he starting because the starter got injured and he made the most of the opportunity?

2nd, does this coaching staff or the previous HC look like the type of coach that can adapt his system to the player to make them successful? Because I never got that impression in 6 years.

I think this is a wasted year for Haskins anyways because the new HC is most likely going to a Snyder/Allen yes man who will force Haskins to learn another new system which is going to stunt his progress anyways. And if you don't think learning new systems year after year stunts qb progress I'd like to point you to Exhibit A: Josh Rosen.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Is Gardner Minshew starting because he beat out the competition for the job or is he starting because the starter got injured and he made the most of the opportunity?

2nd, does this coaching staff or the previous HC look like the type of coach that can adapt his system to the player to make them successful? Because I never got that impression in 6 years.

I think this is a wasted year for Haskins anyways because the new HC is most likely going to a Snyder/Allen yes man who will force Haskins to learn another new system which is going to stunt his progress anyways. And if you don't think learning new systems year after year stunts qb progress I'd like to point you to Exhibit A: Josh Rosen.
I get Foles got hurt but Keenum has been AWFUL since week 1, I don't see any reason Haskins should not be playing. If they are concerned that he is not ready and that he may not process the offense quick enough then why did they draft him #15?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:59 PM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I get Foles got hurt but Keenum has been AWFUL since week 1, I don't see any reason Haskins should not be playing. If they are concerned that he is not ready and that he may not process the offense quick enough then why did they draft him #15?
A. Because Haskins isn't ready. He played <15 college games, which is way less than all of the other rookie starters. His development is going to take time. Does it really matter that he learns the system of a guy who is not going to be here next year anyways? No, not to me. It's important to me that he studies his ass off, learns what being a pro is about, and is ready to take the reigns for the next HC.

All of this bust talk 7 games into his pro career is the most dumbfuck shit I've heard in years. All of this "all the other rookie qb's are starting" nonsense is dumb as fuck too. Was Mahomes' growth stunted by sitting his rookie year? Is Haskins already a bust because he's not following the assembly line of rookie NFL qb's?

Do you think it's a good idea to start a rookie qb who hasn't earned the job on a short week against a tough defense?

I literally can't fucking wait until this board turns on Haskins when he gets forced into a game and fails because he's not fucking ready. Since he fucking got here the only question has been "why isn't he ready yet."

The fans are just as bad as the FO on this one. Was Kirk Cousins growth stunted by riding pine for 3 years? How about Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady?

Did Ryan Tannehill become a great pro qb since he started his rookie year? How about Marcus Mariota? And Cam Newton? Jameis Winston? RG3?

You can bitch about Haskins being drafted at 15 all you want but the fact is it's done. Why don't you go cry about all the other draft fuckups that have gotten us to this point too?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:00 PM   #23
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

No way the redskins lose this game. Kirk Cousins will choke. He does not know how to come up big in big games, and whether he wants to admit it or not this is a big game for him. He will be running for his life all night. Lots of unique story lines with Peterson, Cousins, Keenum etc. I believe the skins win going away.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #24
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No way the redskins lose this game. Kirk Cousins will choke. He does not know how to come up big in big games, and whether he wants to admit it or not this is a big game for him. He will be running for his life all night. Lots of unique story lines with Peterson, Cousins, Keenum etc. I believe the skins win going away.
Oh c'mon... While I'll 100% start believing we have a shot at winning this game come kickoff time, there's no actual chance we win this one.

This is not a big game.

This is a game between a 5-2 team that has been on the rise for 3 weeks, just beat a very good team in the Lions and is 6th overall O, 17th passing 0, 3rd rushing O, 6th overall D, 15th passing D, 7th rushing D vs an awful 1-6 team that was a legit 2 point attempt away from losing to the Dolphins and is bottom third of the league in every said statistical category (expect passing D, 12th)...

Kirk can choke all he want, we're not stopping Dalvin Cook for 60 football minutes, we're not lock down covering Thielen and Diggs, and we're not scoring many points on this D...
Old 10-22-2019, 01:26 PM   #25
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

http://www.startribune.com/adam-thie...-up/563591452/
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #26
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Is this a quote or do you work at PFF?
If you work at PFF, what the fuck dude! hook us up with some sexy stats.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Cousins has a good team around him. He doesn't have to win the game all by himself. I'd expect him to play well cause he's been on a tear lately. We've have seen him tease us with great play. Also it's hard to go on the road and win a Thurs game, especially when you're already a bad team.

Vikes 31 Skins 17
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Is this a quote or do you work at PFF?
If you work at PFF, what the fuck dude! hook us up with some sexy stats.
Yeah I do , have for 2 years now. No I do not agree with everything they say lol and yeah I can post Grades and stuff here and there if u guys want to know any.

And yeah that was from the QB himself when I asked him yesterday.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #29
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
A. Because Haskins isn't ready. He played <15 college games, which is way less than all of the other rookie starters. His development is going to take time. Does it really matter that he learns the system of a guy who is not going to be here next year anyways? No, not to me. It's important to me that he studies his ass off, learns what being a pro is about, and is ready to take the reigns for the next HC.

All of this bust talk 7 games into his pro career is the most dumbfuck shit I've heard in years. All of this "all the other rookie qb's are starting" nonsense is dumb as fuck too. Was Mahomes' growth stunted by sitting his rookie year? Is Haskins already a bust because he's not following the assembly line of rookie NFL qb's?

Do you think it's a good idea to start a rookie qb who hasn't earned the job on a short week against a tough defense?

I literally can't fucking wait until this board turns on Haskins when he gets forced into a game and fails because he's not fucking ready. Since he fucking got here the only question has been "why isn't he ready yet."

The fans are just as bad as the FO on this one. Was Kirk Cousins growth stunted by riding pine for 3 years? How about Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady?

Did Ryan Tannehill become a great pro qb since he started his rookie year? How about Marcus Mariota? And Cam Newton? Jameis Winston? RG3?

You can bitch about Haskins being drafted at 15 all you want but the fact is it's done. Why don't you go cry about all the other draft fuckups that have gotten us to this point too?

Going by strictly starts not the offense, Kyler Murray only started 14 games

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Going by strictly starts not the offense, Kyler Murray only started 14 games
Yep and he's in an Air Raid offense that is complicated