Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kirk Cousins 24/7 thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: What should the Redskins do with Cousins?
Sign him to a long term deal 47 75.81%
Let him walk 4 6.45%
Use the franchise tag again 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #691
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Kirk Cousins 24/7 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I don't think they will offer him 20 million a year. I think it will be between 16 and 18 million a year with tons of incentives to put him at 21 or 22 million if all conditions are met. And, since other teams are going to offer Kirk guaranteed money at 20 million a year, he is going to sign there.

Some here say we will franchise Kirk again next year, which means right now i think we would pay him around 34 million for one season, but i don't see them going that direction.

My hope is that Cousins is re-signed here, but that is a slim hope that kind of diminishes each day that more news articles come out talking about how the mentality within Redskins park is that he will not be re-signed....

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2016, 08:17 AM   #692
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I'm still of the opinion that if the season ended today KC would get a 6 year deal worth 22 mil avg per year ballpark 80 mil guaranteed. If his rz game gets on track it could go to 24 and 100.

Question: are our only two options franchise tag or deal? Could we make him a restricted FA?

Sent from my S6 Edge
Old 11-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #693
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I don't think they will offer him 20 million a year. I think it will be between 16 and 18 million a year with tons of incentives to put him at 21 or 22 million if all conditions are met. And, since other teams are going to offer Kirk guaranteed money at 20 million a year, he is going to sign there.

Some here say we will franchise Kirk again next year, which means right now i think we would pay him around 34 million for one season, but i don't see them going that direction.

My hope is that Cousins is re-signed here, but that is a slim hope that kind of diminishes each day that more news articles come out talking about how the mentality within Redskins park is that he will not be re-signed....
In response to your post:

Paragraph 1 - Wrong. The market rate for QB's goes up every year. $20MM will not be Top Dollar in 2017. It's going to be the price for a Top 16 QB, which I can hardly believe myself. The Skins will pay. Also, the important number will be the amount of guaranteed money.

Paragraph 2 - Correct. No ridiculous Franchise money in 2017.

Paragraph 3 - Wrong. I don't know who the sources are in Redskins Park (if any) the press is referring to but Scot has already said they would pay Kirk if he has a good season in 2016. I cannot believe that anyone above Scot would overrule him on this matter.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #694
Bucket
Playmaker

Kirk Cousins, started in just 17.3 percent of ESPN leagues, now has more fantasy points (17) than any other quarterback has had against the Minnesota Vikings defense all season
Old 11-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #695
MTK
\m/

Anyone who thinks we're going to get some sort of discount for KC is seriously delusional. He's in the driver's seat to demand franchise money and he's going to get it.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:05 PM   #696
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If the season ended today there is no way he makes less than 20 million. That's his current floor.

I'm still on the fence on a long term contract but I'm at like 70-30 for at this point. I was under 50% earlier in the season.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:07 PM   #697
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Dude is money and will be our QB for the next 8 years.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #698
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

What articles? I find it increasingly hard to believe that there could be any truth to such things.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #699
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If the season ended today there is no way he makes less than 20 million. That's his current floor.

I'm still on the fence on a long term contract but I'm at like 70-30 for at this point. I was under 50% earlier in the season.
You've been one of the ones who's been most critical of KC. At this point why would you be on the fence?
Old 11-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #700
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What articles? I find it increasingly hard to believe that there could be any truth to such things.
There were some links to them here in this thread in some pages back. The Mike Jones article is one, he is referring to sources "within the organization", and at the time we were trying to determine who might be leaking that stuff to the media.....

Cousins had a great game today. My hats off to him. Hope he finishes the year strong so he can get what he is owed $$$ wise, whether that be here or wherever. I've always been a Cousins fan.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:26 PM   #701
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
There were some links to them here in this thread in some pages back. The Mike Jones article is one, he is referring to sources "within the organization", and at the time we were trying to determine who might be leaking that stuff to the media.....

Cousins had a great game today. My hats off to him. Hope he finishes the year strong so he can get what he is owed $$$ wise, whether that be here or wherever. I've always been a Cousins fan.

Not saying you aren't. But I just find it hard to believe that it is even a question at this point within the organization. HTTR
Old 11-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #702
MTK
\m/

I guess Mike Jones is the end all source when it comes to what's going on in McCloughan's head.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #703
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

https://www.google.com/amp/washingto...?client=safari

This stupid crap? Worst article ever. Except the part where he says this is not based on inside information just his own "educated" guess. What a dumb ass.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #704
Bucket
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I guess Mike Jones is the end all source when it comes to what's going on in McCloughan's head.
Definitely had nothing to do with him saying his best estimated guess, and going on every radio show on the Bye week a few days before he released an article to pump it up.

Being a Redskins fan. We should not be so oblivious to how the media works now.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #705
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
You've been one of the ones who's been most critical of KC. At this point why would you be on the fence?
Things like that goal line pass today that should've been picked but the 2 guys ran into each other. That was a huge break, no way he should've thrown that. There's literally no reason he threw that. He has similarities to Griffin in that regards, there are worse things than a sack, such as bad interceptions. Don't turn a bad play into a horrific play. That's my biggest knock on him.

But gun to my head, I'd say pay him as of today.
Closed Thread