F 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2020, 02:14 PM   #256
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
First things first welcome back Joeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Good to be back - even if it is only on a conditional basis. The last two seasons, I just couldn't. I. Just. Could. Not.

After 20 years of Cerrato/Allen (particularly these last two years of Allen), it is hard to going back to giving a damn. I had been a devoted fan and follower of the team for 45+ years and had never felt that beaten down, dispirited, and uninterested in how or what they did. Allen's complete obliviousness to the fan base finally sucked all enthusiasm out of me. For the first time since I was eight years old, I just did not give a rat's ass what the team did.

There is now a brief heartbeat to my fandom again. The GTFO'ing of Allen and the hiring of RR (and now JDR) has me saying "Okay. I'll watch for a bit but I need some wins, some solid moves, SOME F'ING G/D PROFESSIONALISM FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS OR THE FIRST F'ING CRISIS, before I invest again."

I don't know if a single hire can turn this sh** show around, but I am willing to reengage - but not necessarily drink any kool aid - and see how it plays out. Be warned, my interest is tenuous at the moment and it won't take much for me to say "Nope. I am out" because I have cared too much, too often only to be kicked in the balls repeatedly by the Snyder/Cerrato/Allen "F' you fans!" attitude of this team -- No. F' you Daniel F'ing Snyder. I will not get ball-kicked anymore so prove to me that I should even be in the same G.D. room with this G.D. team.

TLDR: For now, I am back, but I am just looking for an excuse to nope out.

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #257
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Ron Rivera interview:

“I’ve had four weeks off and time tired of getting up and doing dishes. You guys think I’m joking, but I’m not.”

Love this guy.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #258
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Sounds like Dan was all in on Ron right after he was fired
Old 01-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #259
jamf
Pro Bowl

Dan Snyder opening the press conference "Happy Thanksgiving", LOL!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #260
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Fucking Ron Rivera!! What is there not to love about this guy? A winner!! Discipline, loyalty, teacher, no nonsense. I’m ready for next season.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:36 PM   #261
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I knew I wasn’t the only one who caught that.

What in God’s name was that shit about?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #262
rome108
Special Teams

Two Things on that press conference:

1) Rivera is balls. I actually got intimidated watching and listening to the guy and I was streaming this 1000 miles away, clearly he commands the room. No more "Club Jay" atmosphere that's for sure.

2) Got to give Dan credit, I know 90% of the fans hate him, but I always felt he wants to win. Clearly, he went all out to land Ron. You can tell, from not knowing what holiday just passed (New Years not Thanksgiving), to the bags under his eyes, he has been working his ass off to make this happened. Thank you Dan Snyder!
rome108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #263
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I knew I wasn’t the only one who caught that.

What in God’s name was that shit about?
Public speaking is the no. 2 fear after the serpent.

I think he is an introvert with social anxiety. A big reason he doesnt speak much and needs to have an Allen or Vinny around to do all the talking for him. just 100% my uneducated uninformed personal opinion

Good for him to get out there.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #264
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Good to be back - even if it is only on a conditional basis. The last two seasons, I just couldn't. I. Just. Could. Not.

After 20 years of Cerrato/Allen (particularly these last two years of Allen), it is hard to going back to giving a damn. I had been a devoted fan and follower of the team for 45+ years and had never felt that beaten down, dispirited, and uninterested in how or what they did. Allen's complete obliviousness to the fan base finally sucked all enthusiasm out of me. For the first time since I was eight years old, I just did not give a rat's ass what the team did.

There is now a brief heartbeat to my fandom again. The GTFO'ing of Allen and the hiring of RR (and now JDR) has me saying "Okay. I'll watch for a bit but I need some wins, some solid moves, SOME F'ING G/D PROFESSIONALISM FOR MORE THAN SIX MONTHS OR THE FIRST F'ING CRISIS, before I invest again."

I don't know if a single hire can turn this sh** show around, but I am willing to reengage - but not necessarily drink any kool aid - and see how it plays out. Be warned, my interest is tenuous at the moment and it won't take much for me to say "Nope. I am out" because I have cared too much, too often only to be kicked in the balls repeatedly by the Snyder/Cerrato/Allen "F' you fans!" attitude of this team -- No. F' you Daniel F'ing Snyder. I will not get ball-kicked anymore so prove to me that I should even be in the same G.D. room with this G.D. team.

TLDR: For now, I am back, but I am just looking for an excuse to nope out.
I'd prob. be in the same boat after 45 years, but my drug of choice is sports, and Redskins football in particular. I still watched all 60 min. of the Cowboys game even though I knew the outcome halfway in. For me it was "I have to wait 8 months to see the Redskins play again, I want my full 60 one last time."

Glad to have you back even if it is only for a bit.
Old 01-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #265
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"Multiple players were in attendance Dwayne was not one of them"
Old 01-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #266
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
LOL!

Credit where it's due, Dan is obviously uncomfortable with being a public speaker and the first step is confronting that fear head on.

I am happy he chose to come out and speak to the media directly instead of finding any staffer willing to do it for him. I wish he would do it more often. There is no one man more responsible for how far the Redskins go.

Also, idk why but I got a serious Jeremy Piven in Entourage vibe from Dan up there. I know he's probably not that bad but that's the vibe I was getting.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #267
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dan said Happy Thanksgiving on purpose per Guice
Old 01-02-2020, 03:04 PM   #268
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Maybe the most meaningful presser since Gibbs left. Im really excited by Coach Ron and Jack Del Rio as DC.

Dan sounds like he understands that discipline and culture change is much needed in the org...I swear to god if he fucks this up....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:06 PM   #269
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
"Multiple players were in attendance Dwayne was not one of them"
He must have had a more important engagement. /s

Dwayne improved his on field play dramatically over the course of the season. The off-field stuff and leadership... He's definitely a work in progress.

Rivera admitted he was a project and had a ways to go (don't remember the exact phrasing), but did say he could be a franchise QB.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #270
Giantone
Gamebreaker

I like RR ,I wanted him in NY just to mess with the press! I think him and Del Rio will make a good pair ,.........do you think Dan has learned his lesson or will he micro manage like he did with Gibbs and Shanahan?